• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

who like to jiak european food

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
sautéed sweetbread served with salad. shiok.
i hoot soirdough bread from this bakery
uTEKsKJ.jpg

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of the best steak I had was at a small French restaurant in Laos. Great wine too. Cheap and good.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
one of the best chicken I ever ate was in Karachi ,Pakistan, on the street

its just chicken and tons of white onions with mint sauce ,,nothing else

I donch noe how they did but definitely not Tandoori or Tikka version

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal

U sure it's chicken? LOL

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

The mint sauce is the killer. I think its yogurt.

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
today i trying nutri kwik beef rendang!

6ce8486bdb1305f97961af25868fd2b5.jpg

@whoami later i tell u nice or not
i doubt can beat your geylang serai market one
i just taste testing for dinner tonight with home cooked basmati tumeric garlic ginger rice with a simple stirfry cabbage
haaaa

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Microthermik food manufacturing...

Processing And Producing For Healthy, Safe Convenient Foods
Monday, September 18th, 2017
Processing-And-Producing-For-Healthy-Safe-Convenient-Foods.jpg

Processing And Producing For Healthy Safe Convenient Foods
APFI talks to Andrew Kwan, group managing director, Commonwealth Capital, on trending products and processing technologies.

WHAT IS ONE TRENDING PRODUCT BEING SEEN TODAY?
3.jpg

Many ready-to-eat options have been made easily available today.
Across Southeast Asia, busier lifestyles have led to a growing demand for convenience, resulting in more people dining out, as well as increasing preference for ready-to-eat (RTE) meals. These are foods that need not be cooked or reheated before serving.
Riding on rising consumer demand for convenience foods, the global ready-to-eat food products market is forecast to expand at a CAGR of 7.2 percent from 2016 to 2026, and is estimated to be valued at US$195.3 billion by the end of 2026, reports market research agency, Future Market Insights.
In Singapore, we anticipate that the trend will continue to rise as well, in view of busy work schedules and on-the-go consumption habits. At the same time, growing affluence and health-consciousness has resulted in increasing consumer demand for healthful food items.
As such, the Commonwealth Group has launched the ‘The Common Good Company’ (TCGC) brand in Nov 2016. This is a strategic collaboration between other food and beverage bands, and it carries a range of innovative ready-to-eat food—such as nasi lemak, salmon with cauliflower quinoa rice, Thai basil rice, beef rendang baked rice and cream of pumpkin soup—for convenience stores at selected petrol stations in Singapore with plans to roll out island-wide.
The introduction of TCGC was part of the group’s efforts to cater to the growing penchant for quick, but yet nutritious meals. The group looks beyond price and taste, and competes based on the nutritional value of our products.

WHAT ARE SOME TRENDING PROCESSING TECHNOLOGIES TO INVEST IT AT THE MOMENT?
4.jpg

An example of products undergoing high pressure processing.
The first processing technology that offers various benefits is proprietary MicroThermik processing, where food is optimally cooked through precise application of calibrated heat—and thus is never over- or undercooked.
This technology also eliminates microbes (e.g. bacteria) from the products, which therefore retain their commercially sterility throughout their shelf-life and can thereafter be stored at ambient temperature for up to 12 months, while retaining their original taste, texture and nutritional value. As such, the use of this technology provides significant export opportunities.
The technology can be used for applications such as: all cuts of meat products (beef, lamb, chicken, etc.), most seafood (fish and some crustaceans), grains (rice, wheat), pasta and noodles, all kinds of soups, and vegetables (carrots, broccoli stocks, cabbages, peas and beans).
With this technology, the group can now also produce higher quality healthful food products that use less salt, sugar and no added preservatives.
Another complementary technology that we have invested in to create longer shelf-life, chilled ready‐to‐eat meals is the High Pressure Processing (HPP) line. This technology enables extension of shelf-life between three and eight times, and retention of sensorial and nutritional properties of food through its cold pasteurising technique.

Both these complementary food manufacturing processes allow for the development of clean label products where the extension of shelf-lives is achieved without the use of artificial preservatives.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
The mint sauce is the killer. I think its yogurt.
please lah ,I had enough of mint sauce to know the difference

anyway ,when entertaining Indian customers my favourite over the whisky is to eat the small pickled salad onion with the mint sauce

I would be quite full than ,

know this Moti Mahal ,use to be in Colombo court ,quite cheap and excellent food

better than Omar Kayam ,next to the chinese chamber in hill street before ,fucking expensive and not that good either

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
please lah ,I had enough of mint sauce to know the difference

anyway ,when entertaining Indian customers my favourite over the whisky is to eat the small pickled salad onion with the mint sauce

I would be quite full than ,

know this Moti Mahal ,use to be in Colombo court ,quite cheap and excellent food

better than Omar Kayam ,next to the chinese chamber in hill street before ,fucking expensive and not that good either
All these are long gone....Was it during 70s to 80s?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these are long gone....Was it during 70s to 80s?
Yup , Colombo court is no more now and so is Omar Khayam already bonkus

but Moti Mahal shifted to Khalsa association in Balestier rd , the Bayi HQ , catering to their weddings and functions

if Bayi consider good food than must be excellent and bayis are Cheepos as well , heard the old man owner up lorry ..donch noe any good or not

and taking about Indian food in India , the best are made in homes ...so must get invited to have the real taste .

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
today i trying nutri kwik beef rendang!

6ce8486bdb1305f97961af25868fd2b5.jpg

@whoami later i tell u nice or not
i doubt can beat your geylang serai market one
i just taste testing for dinner tonight with home cooked basmati tumeric garlic ginger rice with a simple stirfry cabbage
haaaa

Hehe...let me know ya. But nothing beats fresh from the wok. :thumbsup: Btw been to Sinar Pagi twice leow. Both times went it was closed. Haiz....