• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who is this rich Sinkie who lives in 2 Ridley Park?

RamNew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was told many other cars in the basement. Yes, some cannot be driven. Known to have links to WKS in the past. Theu sed to meet quite regularly in the past. Not sure of status today.

Tommie is no longer on the Top 10 or Top 50 Wealthy Folks in Singapore .

Read somewhere they got damaged deeply S$ ( lost a few Hundreds Millions )

in lousy Investment .

Tommie's son in law the Thai Food Express guy maybe richer than Tommie currently

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tommie is no longer on the Top 10 or Top 50 Wealthy Folks in Singapore .

Read somewhere they got damaged deeply S$ ( lost a few Hundreds Millions )

in lousy Investment .

Tommie's son in law the Thai Food Express guy maybe richer than Tommie currently

they got damaged due to the floods? but it was mostly in bukit timah area.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good old hard work with some luck. A really nice gentleman.
When he was struggling after quitting the army was doing deals inside his car cum office.
Finally built his company JIT from scratch. He's one sinkie that deserves all his success.
Not aware the nephew made it to BG but he decided he had enough of SAF after his nephew outranked him with auto promoted rank of major.

i think tons of luck.................or should i say fortunate circumstances.............how to grow business when got no capital ?

by the way, what business is JIT in ?

never mind lah..............i don't know........i don't wanna know..............and i don't care...............

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think tons of luck.................or should i say fortunate circumstances.............how to grow business when got no capital ?

by the way, what business is JIT in ?

never mind lah..............i don't know........i don't wanna know..............and i don't care...............

Just use google search.

Found this too his SIL is pretty successful too in his own right

http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/singaporean-earned-$80-million-sale-his-biz-3132898.html

Thai Express founder has earned $80 million from the sale of his business. (Photo: screen grab from Thai Express website)

Founder of restaurant chain Thai Express Ivan Lee pocketed a cool $80 million from the sale of 70 per cent of his business to Thai-listed food and beverage conglomerate Minor International in 2008.

And already, the 35-year-old multi-millionaire has jumped into a new venture, where he wants to conquer the booming Chinese Internet market by building the next Baidu or Facebook, reported The Sunday Times.

Mr Lee told the paper, “I can’t wait. It’s going to be so cool.”

The entrepreneur first started Thai Express with his then fiancee with just $300,000 borrowed from friends and family in 2002. From a single restaurant in Holland Village, Mr Lee went on to open nearly 100 stores.

The first store bankrolled the second one, and the two paid for the next four and so on. Encouraged by the stunning success of the budget Thai eatery chain, he went on to add brands such Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe and New York New York to the Thai Express stable.

The young millionaire recalled being surrounded by doubters. He said, “I don’t think I got a lot of support from anyone at all. Even my wife thought Thai Express was a stupid name!”

When he opened the other brands, his father-in-law, founder of JIT Holdings Tommie Goh (who netted some $350 million when he sold his company to Flextronics for $1 billion in 2000) strongly objected.

While Mr Lee said he would seek his father-in-law’s advice before he learnt to make his own decisions, he refuted rumours that he borrowed $5 million from Mr Goh.

“I don’t want to rely on anyone. And it’s my personal belief that if you rely on anyone it takes away your hunger and drive,” he told the paper.

In 2008, after he had opened 60 to 70 outlets and total revenue was at least $50 to $60 million, Mr Lee decided to invite partners in. He received four serious offers, two from private equity firms, one from a company in the Philippines and the last was Minor.

The deal was concluded swiftly in May 2008, just before the global financial crisis. Mr Lee and his business partner Dellen Soh, who owned a fifth of the 70 per cent stake, initially receieved $40 million but after they met certain targets agreed upon in the contract, they got another $40 million last year.

Now, Mr Lee wants to dive into an industry where his passion lies. “For the first time in a long time, I will get to do something I really enjoy for myself,” he said, adding that his F&B venture was “out of necessity”.

He declined to reveal his new Chinese Internet start-up’s name as he is still sorting out trademark issues but he intends to launch a new social networking site in the next three to four months.

The aim is to build an online community that combines the social networking of Facebook with entertainment, to be delivered on mobile platforms like the iPhone.

Mr Lee’s friends and family are again doubting his choice. The businessman said he knows the China market will post many challenges but he is bullish about his chances, reported the paper.

Said Mr Lee, “I’m a rookie now playing in a much bigger league and I feel like I’m nine years back, starting all over again.”

“We just moved out office, people don’t know us here, and we’re trying to market ourselves. But I am loving every minute of it.”

sauce: http://sg.yfittopostblog.com/2011/03...80m-from-sale/

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is karma, believe me. Tommy will pay dearly, if he hasn't already started paying. Take my word for it. He's suffering and serves him right and that applies for all his platoon instructors too. I've asked God to curse all of them. At least two of them are suffering from strange illnesses that have no cure. One has a completely dysfunctional broken up family. The rest will follow in the same fate.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is karma, believe me. Tommy will pay dearly, if he hasn't already started paying. Take my word for it. He's suffering and serves him right and that applies for all his platoon instructors too. I've asked God to curse all of them. At least two of them are suffering from strange illnesses that have no cure. One has a completely dysfunctional broken up family. The rest will follow in the same fate.

karma for what? What is tommy suffering from?

I don't think i will get any answers to this.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
karma for what? What is tommy suffering from?

I don't think i will get any answers to this.

Let's leave it to God. It's beyond you or me. Ask and you shall be given. God's curse works in mysterious ways. It's beyond us humans to comprehend. Only time will reveal everything when the time is ripe. :biggrin: Just watch and get ready to smile dude.

RamNew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any idea if he is looking for another son-in-law? I may be old but reliable and available.

Hmmm ... are you as good looking as Ivan ( his son in law ) ?

http://www.asiaone.com/Business/SME+Central/Prime+Movers/Story/A1Story20090203-119053.html

He made S$80 million from $300k startup

Thai Express founder recently sold 70 per cent of his business after eight years.*

Sun, Mar 06, 2011
AsiaOne

Read also:
» Ivan Lee: Young man in a hurry

How does it feel like to pocket S$80 million for one deal?

Ask Thai Express founder Ivan Lee.

The 35-year-old recently sold 70 per cent of his business to Thai-listed food and beverage conglomerate Minor International.

The deal, which was concluded in May 2008, originally netted him S$40 million, with the opportunity to have further payments over the next three years if they met certain targets, reported The Straits Times. They did, and this added a cool S$40 million to their takings.

Not bad for the millionaire who started honing his entrepreneurial skills at 11, by renting out his Nintendo game console to other kids in his Ang Mo Kio HDB area for S$1 an hour.

By the time he was 26, he had moved on to bigger things. With S$300,000, together with then-fiancee and now wife Grace Goh, he started the now-ubiquitous Thai Express brand with a single restaurant in Holland Village, despite doubts from even his closest family members, to friends and even his landlord.

In eight years, he had grown his company to include several other F&B brands: Xin Wang Hong Kong Cafe, New York New York, and Shokudo Food Bazaar. The deal with Minor valued his company at a hefty S$114 million.

Mr Lee, whose father owned a stevedore business and whose mother is a beautician, stepped down as chief executive of the company, but remains a director on the board, and is still a shareholder.

An entrepreneur at heart, he now has his eyes set on the China market, but in a totally different field. He now has a Chinese Internet start-up and will launch a new social networking site that will rival established names like Baidu and QQ in the next three to four months.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

of course got karma...............maybe those guys used up their good karma and now their bad deeds catching up with them...............

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's leave it to God. It's beyond you or me. Ask and you shall be given. God's curse works in mysterious ways. It's beyond us humans to comprehend. Only time will reveal everything when the time is ripe. :biggrin: Just watch and get ready to smile dude.

Allah mak so sad you won't share

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyone here been to inside no. 2, ridley park? :smile:
1 time also can, no go inside but stand outside orgas also can. pass by also can.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Allah mak so sad you won't share

Don't know better. Don't promote evil and be their messenger here by pasting their achievements in this forum, or you'll face the wrath of God too. Don't go against God's will. You've been forewarned dude.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't know better. Don't promote evil and be their messenger here by pasting their achievements in this forum, or you'll face the wrath of God too. Don't go against God's will. You've been forewarned dude.
Okie Okie I wonder what drifter will say about facing the wrath of god?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tumblr_m7g087d8s51qdlh1io1_400.gif