• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who is this rich Sinkie who lives in 2 Ridley Park?

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He was former amour officer who got OCS instructor posting. Took a few batches of SMC. Circa 77-80s. Remembered him as OC D coy.
CO then was Maj Lim Boon Kee....Tiger Hong already 'promoted' to officer liao that time....LTA rank.

Major Lim Boon Kee or Major Lim Kee Boon?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unless you're a SAF scholar high flier, being a captain is worthless in the SAF. You have nothing to look forward to except your elusive major rank promotion.

To be a real captain of a plane or a ship, you need the right qualifications for those.

Still, they are all better than being a 'bus captain'.

Bus captain may have lodging in a multi-bed house.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sorrie typo...lim kee boon....Chief Instructor was Capt Aw. RSM was encik Shafie.

When that name was mentioned I remembered him well. 3rd batch OCT Sword of Honour under Major Peter Lim(Ah Pek) who was O of "A" Coy. A tall lanky character and a volleyball player. Some said he won Sword of Honour because he never went home during weekends preferring to stay in camp, washing his OC's car(ball carrier).

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tommie was never listed at the top amongst the billionaires to begin with. He is in the hundreds millions league....but rather famous for his car collection only.
His sil is just a lucky upstart who wrote on coattails of a rich fil machiam OBS.
I hope the yaya papaya loses all his money in PRC

funny that you should mention his SIL, that insecured fellow used to guard his prized catch (tommy's daughter) like a hawk. most of the regulars around the siglap area used to go to their startup cafe to just hang there and drink coffee. she was friendly enough to make small talk and made everyone comfortable. but Mr SIL always had this sickening scowl on his face because he thought we were stealing his treasure.

that fellow even got his own mother to go to work at the cafe ......

i've disliked him since and his boastful crap about beng a "self made millionaire"....well i will leave that to the rest of the people to spill more on this. needless to say our friend claims to have the ability to borrow money from the bank to do his big business.....all thanks to him.....nothing to do wih his moneybags FIL.......

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was former amour officer who got OCS instructor posting. Took a few batches of SMC. Circa 77-80s. Remembered him as OC D coy.
CO then was Maj Lim Boon Kee....Tiger Hong already 'promoted' to officer liao that time....LTA rank.

It looks like it was during the time when I was a NSF.

Delta Company was one of four companies located at the 4 corners of SAFTI's main parade square at that time.

OCS Alpha, Bravo, Charlie Companies were at the other side where the School of PTI, SATO, and OCS HQ were located.

For 3 SMC, OCS companies were Charlie (scholars platoon, where LHY was), Delta (mostly Chinese ed), Echo and Foxtrot.

If the CO of OCS (??) was MAJ Lim Kee Boon, then it must be after I left OCS.

Last edited:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It looks like it was during the time when I was a NSF.

Delta Company was one of four companies located at the 4 corners of SAFTI's main parade square at that time.

OCS Alpha, Bravo, Charlie Companies were at the other side where the School of PTI, SATO, and OCS HQ were located.

For 3 SMC, OCS companies were Charlie (scholars platoon, where LHY was), Delta (mostly Chinese ed), Echo anf Foxtrot.

If the CO of OCS (??) was MAJ Lim Kee Boon, then it must be after I left OCS.

Lim Kee Boon was Combat 3rd batch, whereas you were in the Service OCS. I know that there are only 3 platoons in A Coy, so how come he was CO when he should be an OC only? I don't think there was ever any RSM or CO in Combat.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lim Kee Boon was Combat 3rd batch, whereas you were in the Service OCS. I know that there are only 3 platoons in A Coy, so how come he was CO when he should be an OC only? I don't think there was ever any RSM or CO in Combat.

Do you mean that LKB was from 3rd batch OCS?

There was an officer (CPT at that time, and Brigade S3) who was at HQ 2SIB, during my NSF time, who was from the 3rd batch OCS.
I believe he retired as LTC or COL, and was CO SAF Guards Unit.

There was one OC for each of the OSC Companies.

There was a RSM for HQ OCS - WOI Tajuddin during my time.

The CO was LTC Jimmy Yap, followed by if I can recall MAJ Teo (who drove a Toyota Celica).
The Commandant of SAFTI was COL Edward Yong.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
funny that you should mention his SIL, that insecured fellow used to guard his prized catch (tommy's daughter) like a hawk. most of the regulars around the siglap area used to go to their startup cafe to just hang there and drink coffee. she was friendly enough to make small talk and made everyone comfortable. but Mr SIL always had this sickening scowl on his face because he thought we were stealing his treasure.

that fellow even got his own mother to go to work at the cafe ......

i've disliked him since and his boastful crap about beng a "self made millionaire"....well i will leave that to the rest of the people to spill more on this. needless to say our friend claims to have the ability to borrow money from the bank to do his big business.....all thanks to him.....nothing to do wih his moneybags FIL.......

Usually it's the females that would guard their prized treasure but in this case it's the male. Unfortunately the chinese have a term for this and it's called eating soft rice. Of course it's not like he's living off his wife's family but then again let's be honest and say that he would not get the type of success he has today were it not for his FIL.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

During my time the OCS companies were D,E and F....there was an OC for each coy.
RSM (hq OCS) was known as the SSM instead.

Last edited:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Do you mean that LKB was from 3rd batch OCS?

There was an officer (CPT at that time, and Brigade S3) who was at HQ 2SIB, during my NSF time, who was from the 3rd batch OCS.
I believe he retired as LTC or COL, and was CO SAF Guards Unit.

The CO was LTC Jimmy Yap, followed by if I can recall MAJ Teo (who drove a Toyota Celica).
The Commandant of SAFTI was COL Edward Yong.

LKB won the Sword of Honour for 3rd Batch OCT "A" Coy(Infantry). Before him were the 1st and 2nd batch "A" Coy and these were the pioneers. Most of 3rd batch I believe were formerly civil servants, i.e. police, teachers etc. It was only 4th batch onwards that NSmen were trained in "A" Coy as Cadet Officers in 1968.

As for "B" Coy for the Service Officer Cadet Course, I think it only started in 1968 together with the 5th batch "A" Coy. Before that there was no "B" Coy.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
In those days (20 years ago?), he sold his company for S$700million.
Not sure whether the fence in Ridley is literally plated with gold dust; his previous house in Tanglin was.
He sold JIT near the peak, 1999, I think. Split the cash with his biz partner and they set up 2G investment. They led quite a number of speculation in small cap stocks. One of their investments was in that poly grad phone repair listed company that was eventually busted for fraud. A number of locals follow their investment once their holdings went above 5%, so it was like self fulfilling prophesy that their stock picks sure make money, somewhat like Oei Hong Leong before 2009.