• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Who is on the verge of losing a job? #158 - Double-digit GDP drop for Singapore likely in April-June

measureoutput

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST_20200713_OSGDP13V1CI_5810669.jpg

Analysts note the period coincided with circuit breaker measures, when economic activities were at a standstill

Still, the economy is likely to have suffered a double-digit drop in gross domestic product (GDP) in the April-June period. The negative growth cycle will persist for the rest of the year, but the GDP declines will become smaller in the subsequent quarters.

The Ministry of Trade and Industry will announce the advance estimate for second-quarter GDP tomorrow.

Full 158 premium article here: https://sharedhere.com/@Straits_Tim...e-likely-in-april-june-7d8sALsc6uutH6tAFmbAJc

My friend who runs a photo booth company, has his revenue drop to zero. A spa nearby told me that their shop drop to 10% revenue. Her salary cut by 50% and forced to take No Pay Leave.

No signs of COVID19 easing up. Today my colleague told me that the last 3 days in Indonesia that the cases are at an all-time high. 2+k / day. They are about to go into a 2nd lockdown.

Personally, I am in tech but I fear the ripple effects of COVID19 because when regular businesses stop buying, everyone is affected.

Jialat. Who here is honestly worried?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle's kopi friend that invested their coffin cpf monies all into cpfis that major in china & sg markets rise till pong pong sang KNN

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Didn't you read the PAP manifesto? :biggrin:

Ebfjt22UYAAhlYO.jpg

The English version of the slogan doesn't fully encapsulate the meaning.

Translating from the Chinese version, it's more like: Protecting lives, Securing jobs, Creating (our) future.

You feeling secure yet? :wink:

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ebfjt22UYAAhlYO.jpg

Translating from the Chinese version, it's more like: Protecting lives, Securing jobs, Creating (our) future.

If your kid bring report card home show you only 61/100
Will you cane him ?
Too bad Ah Pa not around anymore

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ebfjt22UYAAhlYO.jpg

The English version is more subtle and powerful.
Our lives.
Our jobs.
Our future.
Superimposed on the image of Pinky Lee aka PAP, subconsciously syncing ur lives ur jobs ur future to PAP.
It's like one of those insurance companies u know,AXA......their logo next to the advertisement slogan,gives u a sense of security and a solidity I can put it faith in......not like the soft flaccid shafts of the limp dicks on this boomer forum.
Our lives our jobs our future,it encapsulates our existence,what more do u need?

Protecting our lives......from what?from what?war?alien invasion?outbreak?prime example of Chinese itself,literature or the lack of interest thereof amongst the population....lamebrained,or missing the point entirely or superfluous.then again majority of prcs worship Gucci bags and expensive cars rather than culture or literature itself unlike the Japs or amdk......can't blame them.....barbarians from a barbaric age.
Our lives or protecting our lives,which is more.....?
One symbolises our existence itself,our lives,our childhood memories the beauty and tragedy of our existence like one of those Jap anime movies,the meaning or nihilistic lack there of.the days of our lives.

If this was a commercial,
The part where they say our future,i will have the camera zoom out to show the overview of Singapore city at night,to show the city we've been fighting for,like a whale in an ocean of deserts,out to the earth,the solar system,the galaxy,the stars then finally blackness......then after a few moments u hear the sound of a baby crying,the camera exits the darkness,thru what it seems to be the roof of a baby's mouth and out ,and what's seems to be a scene of a baby being born and wailing,then the camera zooms towards the tag on the baby's wrists it says Harry LEe Luan Yew.....and fades to black,the beginning and the end l,the end and the beginning.....the alpha and the omega.PAP is Singapore Singapore is PAP.

I think the entire theatre and cinema goers will jump to their feet and start applauding

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
150000 to be retrenched by end of the year but gahmen continues to approve work passes for foreigners.
Do not worry about that because they will hit a wall with that policy. Here's how:
FT in now to attract businesses. When economy falters, they will still do it to attract businesses.
They are in a conundrum to give citizenship to these ppl or not. Because if economy tanks, will have to babysit these new babies. But if dont give business may not come. Eventually one or the other will happen. But if they choos to give citizenship AND businesses stil dont come, then they are in shithole