• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who is Lee Li Lian ? Leader or Follower

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From the hustings, both RP and DL have very unclear platforms. If there was anything there, it was "Let me be an alternative to WP" and the rest of the time, they were engaged in grieving over their internal problems with no clear attempts to argue why they were preferable.

KJ, despite his credentials, fell way short of expectations to come forth with a satisfactory campaign. The PAP candidate too focused on how he, as a candidate, could relate to the common people in the ward but it was a feeble attempt as the gap was too wide. He and his colleagues were left defending local issues that had gone wrong, avoiding national issues which would be a minefield for them.

Only the WP candidate had spent her time raising detailed issues of the day relating to the residents and defending negative politicking from her opponents.

It is right for a political party to gather candidates from different walks of life - some reflecting the issues faced by the common people by association while others with an intellectual bend looking at higher order aspirations. This was the strategy used by the PAP in the past but they have abandoned this recently and surrounded themselves with only one kind of candidates.

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you look at the other 3 candidates, they do lead in their own rights, this is especially clear with KJ and DL and even with KPK, he stood shoulder to shoulder with PM Lee at their PAP rally. Now if you have viewed LLL in the last 3 WP rallies, she paled in this compartment severely.

My main question is whether leaders only play leadership roles and followers only follow. The descriptions were secondary because I believe in a good follower more than a lousy leader.

Now, it doesn't mean to me that WP candidates are all goodies and all PAP candidates are baddies.

No, I have never said that. I am saying not plucking things from the sky.

If it were so for you, please refrain from commenting as discussing any such topics would only be a futile exercise. :cool:

I will let others decide if I am futile or not.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nah, no judging....been observing Ms Lee Li Lian before and including GE2011, enough ? On the other side, many people have already passed judgement on Dr Koh Poh Koon since he surfaced for less than 3 weeks !:eek:

Once a liar, always a liar. 3 weeks is more than enough to come to that conclusion. No?

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you look at the other 3 candidates, they do lead in their own rights, this is especially clear with KJ and DL and even with KPK, he stood shoulder to shoulder with PM Lee at their PAP rally.

Can you clarify if you are saying KJ, DL and rear admirer Koh are political leaders or professional ones?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My main question is whether leaders only play leadership roles and followers only follow. The descriptions were secondary because I believe in a good follower more than a lousy leader.

Actually the actual situation could be every body contributes to the party policy and a decision is made collectively (of course the more powerful or senior members might carry a weightage over others). But once a policy or stand is decided, all members - candidate and party leaders alike will stand by the decision and defend it until such a time they have to revise it. It is certainly better than one member contradicting the views of another.

Last edited:

nanana1

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we have discussed enough through the various postings, some provided useful insights while many spew useless rants. In all, this discussion attracted more than 15xx views. :wink: Thank you.

And the fundamental question still continues to linger for me : Who is Lee Li Lian ? :rolleyes:

Thread is now closed.:cool:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
It is certainly better than one member contradicting the views of another.

bro,
if we adhered strictly to the codes of conduct in the past, it'd be nation before party, party before self.
somehow the sequence got lost in translation somewhere along the line... :(:(:(