• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who is Daniel Law to Tell Serangoon Gdn Residents to Accept Bangalas?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Serangoon Gardens foreign workers' dorm: Residents need to accept the inevitable
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I AM writing with regards to the Serangoon Gardens (SG) saga concerning the worker's dormitory. I am fully aware that much has already been said about the issue, however I would like to highlight one point that many people have failed to see even till now.
Singapore is a land-scarce country, and there are limited areas to construct buildings and house people. My point here is that we all need to practise tolerance and compromise with each other.
Residents in SG need to understand that they live on a plot of land no more special than people living in Boon Lay, and that Serangoon Gardens is not 'Serangoon Palace'. It is inevitable that there would be disturbances from the 'outside world' and the residents would have to tolerate such things.
Furthermore, everyone in Singapore has to do away with the stereotype that all foreign workers are robbers and rapists. Such criminals could well be your neighbours living in the private property next door.
I strongly urge the residents of SG to accept the fact that security measures are already in place and rest assured that SG is not the only place in Singapore that houses foreign workers. Daniel Law

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Serangoon Gardens foreign workers' dorm: Residents need to accept the inevitable

</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->I AM writing with regards to the Serangoon Gardens (SG) saga concerning the worker's dormitory. I am fully aware that much has already been said about the issue, however I would like to highlight one point that many people have failed to see even till now.
Singapore is a land-scarce country, and there are limited areas to construct buildings and house people. My point here is that we all need to practise tolerance and compromise with each other.
Residents in SG need to understand that they live on a plot of land no more special than people living in Boon Lay, and that Serangoon Gardens is not 'Serangoon Palace'. It is inevitable that there would be disturbances from the 'outside world' and the residents would have to tolerate such things.
Furthermore, everyone in Singapore has to do away with the stereotype that all foreign workers are robbers and rapists. Such criminals could well be your neighbours living in the private property next door.
I strongly urge the residents of SG to accept the fact that security measures are already in place and rest assured that SG is not the only place in Singapore that houses foreign workers. Daniel Law

Daniel Law is right. Why should Serangoon Gardens' residents have the right to demand that foreign workers not be housed in their estate? They think they are superior to other estates?

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Serangoon Gdn's maids and the Banglas will be be the happiest residents there !! Sale of condoms, no doubt will be the highest in that area of Singapore !!

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
What I can confirm is Daniel Law doesn't stay in Serangoon Gardens, he may have Bangalas boyfriend or a Sub-contractor.

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
What I can confirm is Daniel Law doesn't stay in Serangoon Gardens, he may have Bangalas boyfriend or a Sub-contractor.

For all we know, this clown might be a Bangla who is eagerly waiting for the day to screw the Serangoon maids !!:mad:

twochan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no idea who is Daniel Law either... Might as be Ah Kow or Ah Beng...

In any case, I'd just dare PAP to build that dorm. Once anything happens banglas gathering below estate drinking/peeing, robbery, rape whatever, maybe the 66% will wake up...

And where is that student who used an air gun to shoot at bangla construction workers from his home? Has he been released yet?

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no idea who is Daniel Law either... Might as be Ah Kow or Ah Beng...

In any case, I'd just dare PAP to build that dorm. Once anything happens banglas gathering below estate drinking/peeing, robbery, rape whatever, maybe the 66% will wake up...

And where is that student who used an air gun to shoot at bangla construction workers from his home? Has he been released yet?

Chey .... 66% then watch the movie there only lor !!:eek:

Tiu-leh-see-fart

Alfrescian
Loyal
66% voted for PAP.
PAP ministers can do anything they like.
As Govt, PAP is given a blank cheque to sign .

In future, PAP will build more Dorms at Orchard Road and HDB heartlands so our daughters and wives can integrate with the FT workers.

it is good for housewives who are lonely at home while their husbands are away.

those young girls can get free lessons how to kiss and hug, perhaps see more things if they request. Ft workers are friendly to help and teach.

if there are female Fts , you can buy binnoculars and enjoy color TV.

PAP is making our life more exciting.

Let us welcome these FT workers to our home.

how i wish there is a big dorm near my house.

Pica_NA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Daniel Law?? maybe another PxP dog... who just win the contract to build the worker's dormitory... so he need to voice out in favour to himself... such that he can earn the money...

2standards

Alfrescian
Loyal
Land scare Singapore? Apparently he has not seen SICC :smile:

Make it fairer, more transparent

I REFER to last Saturday's letter, 'EMA explains spike'.
To the question on why, even though 80 per cent of our electricity is powered by natural gas, electricity prices are pegged to oil prices, the Energy Market Authority (EMA) replied that, because there is no Asian benchmark for gas prices, oil prices are used instead. In other words, it is not the actual cost of raw material (gas) that is used in computing electricity prices.

Surely the power generation companies know exactly how much they pay for natural gas. Is it not possible to determine electricity prices more accurately, rather than stick to 'this is what we have been doing all along since 2004, so we will continue to do it'?

Another issue this price increase has brought up is transparency. I was unable to find anywhere the formula to determine these prices. Perhaps the power companies should be required to publish their raw material prices, overheads and margins on their websites, so the public are kept up to date.

With privatisation of electricity, is there still a need for a 'one price for all' approach? Let the power companies figure out how best to obtain the lowest-priced raw material (using spot, one-month or three-month futures, or private agreements with gas producers) and reflect it immediately in monthly bills. This will allow competition to increase efficiency. EMA should play the role of moderator to ensure there is no cheating or collusion.

Like most Singaporeans, I am not asking for subsidies for utilities. I am just asking for fair and transparent pricing.
, and there are limited areas to construct buildings and house people. My point here is that we all need to practise tolerance and compromise with each other.

zai_si

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why dont MBT shift or built the dom at Oxely Road? Let them learn from our leaders -MM, Intergrate with him la. Those worker can even walk to work which is at the IR.... so closeby. Healthy lifestyle for all mah.... Then we can see many "Phua Chu Kang" yellow boots marching on.
Will these bagala, PRC dare to be funny at that area. So many gurkers guarding the MM house. Shoot to kill if they dare to be funny. Anyway.. Nepalese cant get along with Bagala wor... :mad:

dupersuper

Alfrescian
Loyal
sadly most sinkies are just glad that the bangalas are not in their estate.
in the election maybe will lose some serangoon vote.
but i bet if the gahment say vote us and we will only house them in serangoon, they will get a landslide victory based on voters from other areas.
sinkies are selfish and the pap knows it.

darememore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Daniel Law is right. Why should Serangoon Gardens' residents have the right to demand that foreign workers not be housed in their estate? They think they are superior to other estates?

Totally agreed with you. Who are the people of serangoon garden? Why are they so special? Why need to spend $2million to built a road just to satisfied them? If we allowed this to happened as their wish, next time we will face more same problem when the gov decide to house FT in Katong, siglap, Holland road, Bt Timah..etc.

Manchu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Daniel Law?? maybe another PxP dog... who just win the contract to build the worker's dormitory... so he need to voice out in favour to himself... such that he can earn the money...

Times are certainly bad now. Therefore to feed all these PAP running dogs must think of ways to help them. Projects like workers' dormitory, $2 million highway bypass and what have you ? So Daniel Law is just one of the beneficiary of these projects.