• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who "Invented" Macaroni Soup?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macaroni_soup
chixmacaronisoup.jpg

i had Macaroni soup last night and had always thought it was the Cuntonese Hongkanlanders who were the first to create this dish.

I am wrong. It was the Italians, followed by Pinoys!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macaroni_soup
chixmacaronisoup.jpg

i had Macaroni soup last night and had always thought it was the Cuntonese Hongkanlanders who were the first to create this dish.

I am wrong. It was the Italians, followed by Pinoys!

The Pinoys!...don't make macaroni soup...they make some kind of desserts with them, by adding condensed milk etc..it is a sweet concoction. Who invented macaroni soup, you have to ask Marco Polo...he may may seen some Chinese peasants making them & brought it back home..

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in italy pasta e fagioli (pasta and beans) is served as comfort food in poor villages and pubic institutions, including prisons and siao nang keng. in sg when i’m not feeling well from lao sai, i have porridge and mee tai mak soup. no macaroni soup for me. too low ses and too much associated with siao nang in italia.

Last edited:

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
in italy pasta e fagioli (pasta and beans) is served as comfort food in poor villages and pubic institutions, including prisons and siao nang keng. in sg when i’m not feeling well from lao sai, i have porridge and mee tai mak soup. no macaroni soup for me. too low ses and too much associated with siao nang in italia.

Seems porridge is the ideal food.

I have my porridge with this.

Screenshot_2019-10-20-13-50-45-1.png