• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who has better command of the English language, Singaporeans or Filipinos?

covertbriar

Alfrescian
Loyal
I studied in Singapore for four (4) years, and I regularly visit Manila and Cebu for work, so I think I can provide a somewhat balanced perspective.

The overall standard of fluency in English among Singaporeans born after 1970 is fairly homogenous, as everyone from that generation and after would have undergone the same Cambridge English-based education system at school. In terms of academic ability in the language, I would rank the Singaporeans very high, possibly higher than the Filipinos.

The standard of English among the Filipinos varies considerably, from very poor to very good. I would say that among the Filipinos within the upper band of national fluency in the language, they are more deft at using the language compared to the Singaporeans. Speaking to corporate senior managers, and reading news articles, I have found that the more fluent Filipino English speakers are more agile and creative in the use of the language, making more natural use of certain expressions that their Singaporean counterparts - while no doubt familiar with the terms used - would not use them as naturally. Their news tabloids tend to be written with a certain unbridled gusto and passion that one does not find as much of in the more measured Singaporean writings.

Just my casual observation.

https://www.quora.com/?digest_story=88438216&source=4

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is a brief history of the philippines.

History of the Philippines

The history of the Philippines is believed to have begun with the arrival of the first humans using rafts or boats[1][2][3] at least 709,000 years ago as suggested by the discovery of Pleistocene stone tools and butchered animal remains associated with hominin activity.[4] Homo luzonensis, a species of archaic humans, was present on the island of Luzon at least 67,000 years ago.[5][6] The earliest known modern human was from Tabon Cave in Palawan dating about 47,000 years.[7] Negrito groups were the first inhabitants to settle in the prehistoric Philippines. After that, groups of Austronesians later migrated to the islands.
Scholars generally believe that these social groups eventually developed into various settlements or polities with varying degrees of economic specialization, social stratification, and political organization.[8] Some of these settlements (mostly those located on major river deltas) achieved such a scale of social complexity that some scholars believe they should be considered early states.[9] This includes the predecessors of modern-day population centers such as Maynila, Tondo, Pangasinan, Cebu, Panay, Bohol, Butuan, Cotabato, Lanao, and Sulu[2] as well as some polities, such as Ma-i, whose possible location is still the subject of debate among scholars.[10]
These polities were either influenced by the Hindu-Buddhist[11] Indian religion, language, culture, literature and philosophy from India through many campaigns from India including the South-East Asia campaign of Rajendra Chola I,[

Xisiqomelir

Alfrescian
Loyal
Passed Lit. singkies far superior to all Pinoys.

FTrash Pinoys are better than the failed Lit. singkies.

Even helicopter Singkies are better than most Pinoys in the 'flip home islands who speak 0 English.

ginfugly

Alfrescian
Loyal
mum say my inglish barry goot, my bangla boypren say my tong barry goot, he lie barry mush when i suck his coke

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every time a Pinoy/Pinay opens his/her mouth and start talking in English, I want to stuff a cucumber into his/her mouth!