• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who cuts your hair..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This shop seems not too bad to have a decent 1970's crop:

barber_zps5243150f.jpg

:wink:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I dont need angmo charbor; i am happy just by going to Over to Tanjong Piai..:wink:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore barber so cheap ???

the hairdressers anyhow cut. for men, maybe less than 5 minutes finish. why so cheap ? only labor costs incurred. every customer is extra money. for women, sure have add-on this and that so will earn more from them.

you go barber $10. the barber slowly cuts for you. 10-15 minutes.

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
the hairdressers anyhow cut. for men, maybe less than 5 minutes finish. why so cheap ? only labor costs incurred. every customer is extra money. for women, sure have add-on this and that so will earn more from them.

What about those rental fee since its very expensive to rent a biz space in Singapore . Can they still make money if they really charged that cheap ???

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yeah, and you won't get a regular hairdresser... one will be randomly assigned to you when your turn is up.
Anyhow cut, and quality is not guaranteed. One example of this is Snip Avenue.

Sure it's cheap, but you'll have to queue for quite a long time. Price vs quality/time... do your own cost-benefit analysis.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What about those rental fee since its very expensive to rent a biz space in Singapore . Can they still make money if they really charged that cheap ???

Men's haircut = high volume, low margin business.
Women's haircut/rebonding/perming/dyeing/shampooing sessions = lower volume, higher margin business.

In fact, I have seen many of these women who visit these haircut joints to be fat and fugly, some even taking their own sweet time to flip through the hair color samples brochure. Silly woman, no fancy haircut is going to compensate for your hideous looks. :rolleyes:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i think, for higher rental rates shops, they will charge higher prices. like Bugis $5.80, Jurong $2.80.

the only way to earn the men money is to make it very cheap like $3-4. if they charge $6, the men would rather go to the $8 Barbers. only labor costs incurred. why not. don't think women will go there for just a $4 haircut, they will surely ask for extra treatment this and that and end up paying tens of dollars.

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
Men's haircut = high volume, low margin business.
Women's haircut/rebonding/perming/dyeing/shampooing sessions = lower volume, higher margin business.

In fact, I have seen many of these women who visit these haircut joints to be fat and fugly, some even taking their own sweet time to flip through the hair color samples brochure. Silly woman, no fancy haircut is going to compensate for your hideous looks. :rolleyes:

Logical post .. Thanks .

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think, for higher rental rates shops, they will charge higher prices. like Bugis $5.80, Jurong $2.80.

the only way to earn the men money is to make it very cheap like $3-4. if they charge $6, the men would rather go to the $8 Barbers. only labor costs incurred. why not. don't think women will go there for just a $4 haircut, they will surely ask for extra treatment this and that and end up paying tens of dollars.

Even $5.80 for a men hair cut is very cheap . I believe those barber are also paid a basic salary on top of commission per hair cut , right ? So I'm still thinking can those barber shop make money if their shop rental fee alone cost them $5k a month , excluding electricity bill, water bill and paying their staff with a basic salary every month .

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

I tried it three times. Very good.