• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who cooks the best Hokkien Mee?

Ruoxi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Who cooks the best Hokkien Mee?

1944.jpg

Who cooks it best? We show, you choose.

Singapore, April 11, 2013
Compiled by: Low Zhang Quan, Cheow Sue-Ann, Law Zhi Tian, Wang Tian Jie

Who's cooks the best Hokkien Mee?

This Week: Hokkien Mee

Fried Hokkien Prawn Noodle
Block 724, Ang Mo Kio, #01-38
Opening hours: 10am-9pm
Price: $3/$4/$5

Kim's Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee
62B, Jalan Eunos
Opening hours: 11am-11pm
Price: $5/$8/$11

Thye Hong Hokkien Mee
Wisma Atria Shopping Centre, Level 4 Food Republic
Opening hours: 11am-11pm, daily
Price: $5.20/$7.20/$9.20

Soon Li Hokkien Mee
022, Adam Road Food Centre, 2 Adam Road
Opening hours: 11.45am-10.45pm, 10.45am-10.45pm on Sundays
Price: $4/$5/$6

Traditional Hokkien Mee
0135, Newton Food Centre, 500 Clemenceau Avenue North
Opening hours: 11.45am-11.15pm, closed on Wednesdays.
Price: $4/$6/$8

Ah Hock Fried Hokkien Prawn Noodles Stall
27, Chomp Chomp Food Centre, 20 Kensington Park Road
Opening hours: 5.30pm-midnight, closed once a fortnight (no set day)

Tian Tian Lai (Come Everyday) Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee
Block 127, Lorong 1 Toa Payoh, #02-27
Opening hours: 9.30am-6pm, closed on Mondays.
Price: $4/$5/$8/$10

Happy Garden Seafood
Block 511, #01-522, Bishan Street 13
Opening hours: 11.30am-11.30pm
Price: $4/$6/$8/$10

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Fried Hokkien Prawn Noodle
Block 724, Ang Mo Kio, #01-38
Opening hours: 10am-9pm

I think this one over-rated. Instead of Fried Hokkien Prawn Noodle, the "New" owner is adding others to " pollute" the once good hokkien mee. It also depends who is the one frying the noodle...rather erratic and unpredictable the mee....sometimes good, sometimes too dry and sometimes too wet...not consistent at all....

lorrydriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
looks like I need to get my boss to change my delivery routes.....don't think I've tried any of the 8 mentioned....any FR from bros here?

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Kim's Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee
62B, Jalan Eunos
Opening hours: 11am-11pm
Price: $5/$8/$11

this one also gone franchised and some of the KIM are found in food courts - fried by china nationals'
standard dropped like shit......gone case

the one who fried wearing his rolex watch was good...now no more liao:(

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i can't find one with slice pork pieces in it. Anyone knows any stall ?

you find one old uncle and auntie at ang mo kio block 527 hawker centre. this couple also very funny...suka suka close and suka suka open. sometimes they can close for weeks...you find nice pieces of chumpchump bak with your mee and also the koochye too!!...good fried hokkien mee, but i find it too wet for my liking..but those who love slices of white pork will love it!!!!!!

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
The list no Geylang Lorong 29 Hokkien Mee? How can?

Yes..this is on my list..

I remember the short plump lady was frying it at Lor 9.. and upgraded to lor 29..

Those days, #$ 4 portion can put the pkt in the pocket type...( meaning v small qty only)..

There is also one at B.Batok..where he charges 50 cts for extra chillie...also good...

CheeByeKiaTonyChat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes..this is on my list..

I remember the short plump lady was frying it at Lor 9.. and upgraded to lor 29..

Those days, #$ 4 portion can put the pkt in the pocket type...( meaning v small qty only)..

There is also one at B.Batok..where he charges 50 cts for extra chillie...also good...

Current price is minimum $5. :(

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
how come the old airport one is not listed? I thought it was really good. Fresh prawns.

ok...not that good. the uncle collecting money and taking order damned howlian..bochap attitude. this type best vote with your feet!!! think too highly of themselves...nothing to shut about really.