• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who benefits from cooling off day ?

god's ultimate weapon

Alfrescian
Loyal
mr-freeze.jpg

Me?

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
cooling period bad for opposition because 1 less day for canvassing. PAP will already know the GE dates in advance and can prepare, while opposition will find out last min and then now 1 day lesser

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What kind of stupid question is this. The pple who came up with this idea is obviously the one who will benefit.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will any news be allowed to be reported by the national newspapers on cooling off day?

Will there be any news on anyone planting a tree on cooling off day?

Best to state if the cooling off differentiates between reports on the Prime Minister compared to reports on LHL as the PAP candidate?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually cooling of period will be bad for PAP. Because more will surt net for sure . Everything on internet or uncontrol. That will be more bashing on PAP in the net.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually cooling of period will be bad for PAP. Because more will surt net for sure . Everything on internet or uncontrol. That will be more bashing on PAP in the net.

If there is a distinction between PM LHL as Prime Minister and LHL as PAP Candidate, then cooling off will be good for PAP and bad for oppositions.

All it takes is for the Government to announce some fantastic initiative and a full page spread on PM LHL announcing it in his capacity as Prime Minister. For two whole days, pictures and reports of the Ministers - but no political candidates - fulfilling the letter of the law but not its spirit.

So it is important for the Government to state upfront how the newspapers should interpret the guidelines.

Don't worry about the internet. I doubt that sammyboy.com has that much pull on the votes that matter.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can Singaporeans or alternative parties get the UN intenational body to witness the fairness on cooling day? We need them to scrutinise the main stream media on all the news and report. No depolyment of civil servants or Grassroot leader. We want kangaroo to judge for themselve too and let them be judged by the international body to see whether kanagroo live to its name.

With all the above in place, and major overseas reporters on standby to witness, I have no qualm about cooling off period. If LHL cannot agree to the above, he definitely has some bad agenda to hide and afraid to lose his million dollars rice bowl.

In anyway, the alternative parties already have my vote even before election is called. I want PAP out of sight.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
cooling off period is to let people to stop discussing about the last min attempt by PAP to win back the oppositions votes..

if more people discuss in the last min, they will realized that they will be screwed again later eventually...

my logic tioh boh? hehe..