• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Whitney Houston RIP

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what happen when a woman marry a loser, she die.. PREmaturely ... only 48

same lesson for human beings, if you mixed around with sinkies, you will be screwed daily and ball-less early in life.. and be fucked!!!

[video=youtube;P0FKzPfsxA4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0FKzPfsxA4[/video]

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
A truly remarkable and gifted singer. She will never be forgotten for all the great songs she brought to the music world. RIP Whitney Houston. You will always be remembered as one of the best female singers, if not, the best.

BlueWave

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should listen to the original WRITTEN and sung by Dolly Parton. Miles better.....

dolly parton sang this song with a sweet demure style. kinda like a girl whispering gently into your ears.

WH sing the song like ooi CCB u better let me love u ok

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whitney Houston was nothing great to me. My idea of a good female vocalist is someone like Diana Ross, Karen Carpenter or Olivia Newton-John.

WH was overrated because she was overhyped commercially by the return of containerized music when record companies chose the songwriters and the singers and backed their choices with promotion campaigns to dictate public taste. That's back to the 50s, the era of Tin Pan Alley when record companies reigned supreme over control of what the public got to listen to and decided the fate of songwriters and singers. Elvis Presley started the revolution that he wanted to participate in writing his own songs, at least co-write, or chose his own preferred songwriters and songs. Elvis was short-circuited halfway with conscription. By the time Elvis was discharged from the army, the record companies had wrestled all controls back again. Note the difference between Elvis songs in 50s and 60s.

Then the Beatles came on the scene and completed the revolution. They wrote and sung their own songs, including playing all instruments involved. They ushered in the golden rock era of 60s to 90s. The containerized music that record companies preferred was no match for the liberated creativity that was yielded.

Whatever it has been or it is, the death of WH or anyone talented or not, is a sad event for no man is an island, entire of itself. RIP.

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
With all due respect to some of you, in my opinion Whitney Houston was a fantastic singer with a great vocal range. But, of course, one man's meat is another's poison.

I will miss the talent and the great songs, but I don't feel sorry for her coz she contributed to her lifestyle which ultimately caused her death. Same with MJ, Amy Winehouse, Elvis Presley, Bob Marley, Jim Morrison etc etc. So many great talents. And I mean real talents, not some of the so called singers, who need computers to make their voice sound good.

The ones who I really feel sorry for are the ones who died of illness not caused by an excessive lifestyle, accidents, murdered etc etc

But still, RIP Whitney. Ill miss your talent.