• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

White supremacist assaults on Asian Americans Out of Control: A Crisis in America

shockshiok

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://tribune.com.pk/story/2291956/1

White supremacist assaults on Asian Americans

Xenophobia in US can be traced back to Trump who made no secret of his worry that US would lose its white identity

Asians now numbering some 20 million people or about 6.5% of America’s population have been in the country for more than a century and a half. There were several distinct waves of migration from various Asian countries to the United States. Workers from China came in to build the trans-continental railway system in the late 1800s. A number of “Chinatowns” were founded to cater to the needs of the Chinese people. Once the railway work was done, the workers did not return to their homeland

This led to the promulgation of the Chinese Exclusion Act in 1882. Sikh workers from what was then the province of Punjab in the British Indian colony came in late 19th and early 20th century to bring under cultivation large tracts of virgin land in the American northwest. Like the Chinese railway workers before them, the immigrant Sikhs also lost their welcome once the work for which they were brought in was done. Instead of going home, they moved north into Canada where they founded Sikh communities in cities such as Vancouver in British Columbia.

The first wave of professionals from South Asia arrived in the US when the country was faced with skill-shortages in a number of areas. Medical workers came from both India and Pakistan while India provided large numbers of people with expertise in information technology. These peoples’ exports were possible since both countries had institutions that could turn out skilled workers in excess of domestic needs.

There remained a fairly strong sentiment in the US against immigrants from Asia. It remained mostly under the surface until the arrival of Donald Trump on the political scene. He made no secret of his disdain for people of colour and also for non-Christians, in particular Muslims. The sentiment became open and pronounced when the US was hit by the coronavirus, a virus first discovered in the Chinese city of Wuhan. Trump called the disease-spreading element the “China virus” and Covid-19, the disease it caused, “kung flu”. The use of these names for the virus and the disease it caused bred a strong anti-Asian bias among the white supremacists in the country and resulted in several acts of violence committed against the members of the community.

On March 16, 2021, Robert Aaron Long, a 21-year-old white man attacked four massage parlours in Atlanta, and shot dead eight people, seven of them women. Of the seven killed, six were of Asian origin. “They’ve been attacked, blamed, scapegoated and harassed. They’ve been verbally assaulted, killed,” President Joe Biden lamented after meeting with leaders of Atlanta’s Asian-American community that he described as heart-wrenching to be part of. “It’s been a year of living in fear for their lives. Because our silence is complicity, we cannot be complicit. We have to speak out. We have to act.” President Biden had by his side Kamala Harris, the nation’s first vice-president of Asian descent — juts through her presence — a powerful symbol of efforts to reject racial animosity and bias. Standing by the president’s side, Harris did not mince her words. “Racism is real in America, and it has always been. Xenophobia is real in America and it has always been. Sexism too.” In a clear reference to former president Donald Trump she said that “for the last year, we’ve had people in positions of incredible power scapegoating Asian Americans. People with the highest pulpit spreading this kind of hate.” The Biden administration, she said, would not “stand by” in the face of racial violence.

Anti-Asian attacks have soared during the past year, part of a pattern President Biden called “wrong” and “un-American” the week before the Atlanta killings in a speech at the White House. In the speech at the site of the murders, he, too, appeared to blame Trump and his supporters without naming them directly, saying “we’ve always known that words have consequences. During his first week in office, President Biden signed an executive order directing his government to work toward stopping “anti-Asian bias, xenophobia, and harassment.” During the Atlanta visit, he urged Congress to pass the Covid-19 Hate Crimes Act which he said would “expedite the federal government’s response to the rise of hate crimes exacerbated during the pandemic.” The legislation was sponsored by two congressmen of Asian origin.

Biden’s personal losses — of his wife and a daughter in a car accident and much later that of a grown-up son who died of cancer while serving as attorney general of the state of Delaware — made expression of empathy come naturally to him. A newspaper report commented that “the president’s ability to project empathy towards those who are suffering stands in contrast to Mr Trump, who struggled to convey a sense of somber support at such moments. His grinning thumbs-up photograph at a hospital after a mass-shooting in El Paso generated a backlash of angry commentary about his visit. During a campaign played out against a backdrop of the pandemic, Mr Biden often accused his opponent of having no real empathy for those who were suffering.”

The prevailing xenophobia in the US can be traced back to Trump who spent four years in the White House making no secret of his worry that his country would lose its white identity. He was and remains anti-people of colour and anti-immigration. He once used abusive language to refer to the people who were coming in from predominantly black countries expressing a strong preference for immigrants from white countries such as Norway rather than from Haiti. Amongst the policies his administration adopted was to start work on a wall that would run along the entire border with Mexico, a sharp reduction in the number of refugees the US would be willing to admit and to make the process of issuing “green cards” extremely complicated. His successor, Biden, had no problem suggesting that by having relatively open borders the US would gain rather than lose.

Within a few days of taking office the new president issued a number of executive orders that included cancelling the ban on admitting people from some Muslim-majority countries, abandoning the work on the wall, significantly increasing the number of refugees that would be allowed into the country, and ending the ban on the issue of green cards. Trump had used the arrival of Covid-19 as an excuse for severely limiting the entry of non-citizens into the country. An analysis by the Migration Policy Institute estimated that Trump’s ban on issuing green cards would affect 660,000 people. In addition to cancelling the ban, allowing more refugees to enter the country, President Biden proposed a more far-reaching overhaul of the nation’s immigration laws that would provide an eight-year path to citizenship for most of the 11 million undocumented immigrants living in the country. In March, less than two months after assuming office, he drafted a major legislation on immigration reform. If approved, it will legalise millions of immigrants who were living illegally in the country.

Published in The Express Tribune, March 29th, 2021.
Opinion & Editorial on Facebook, follow @ETOpEd on Twitter to receive all updates on all our daily pieces.

Advertisement

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ahhh...white supremist...the rightist! Alot of sinkie here great supporter of White Supremist! :poop:

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It’s a joke that the whole anti Asian wave is blamed on Trump. Human are by nature rascists. Ang Moh hate Asians for being hard driving and eroding their Americunt dreams. Chinese hate m&ds and Nehs. Nehs believe they have same ancestral roots as Ang Mohs. Niggers are just whiners who wants freebies, much like m&ds. Everyone was just being politically correct as this is supposed to be part of a civilised society. Now when people start losing their jobs and realised in fact their Americunt dreams have become nightmares, whereas across the pacific there is a thriving 1.4 Billion pursuing their 中国梦, all hell break lose.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ahhh...white supremist...the rightist! Alot of sinkie here great supporter of White Supremist! :poop:
Majority of samsters here despise their own grandpas and are white supremacist inside.... wait a minute, they are not white!

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It’s a joke that the whole anti Asian wave is blamed on Trump. Human are by nature rascists. Ang Moh hate Asians for being hard driving and eroding their Americunt dreams. Chinese hate m&ds and Nehs. Nehs believe they have same ancestral roots as Ang Mohs. Niggers are just whiners who wants freebies, much like m&ds. Everyone was just being politically correct as this is supposed to be part of a civilised society. Now when people start losing their jobs and realised in fact their Americunt dreams have become nightmares, whereas across the pacific there is a thriving 1.4 Billion pursuing their 中国梦, all hell break lose.

Ehhh....correction. But before i post, u referring to Sinkie or Msian?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They got superb quality white education. Makes many think like a white. Which is not a bad thing.

Cheena support Whites. Majority support LGBT too. Tere u go

1617152998907.png

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I knew tat was the answer. Well u must be aware of the Malaya constitution, no? No objection fm other races tat time, no? We follow the rules of law, no?
I have no issue with that, just talking point. When I was staying in JB I got along well with all races as well. You’ll be amazed how openly Cheenas talk about such things in Mudland, people are used to it and don’t take it as offence.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mudlaysians... I was hoping u dint pick that up

Privileges? Let me ask u...how many Malay commissioners in Sinkieland MHA? ZERO! Just MHA alone. I havent bring in other civil service departments. U mean to tell me this 21st century they cant find a capable Malay candidate to hold the rank of a Commissioner? Cheena , PAP pride! Cheena have all the privileges when come to jobs/career.!

Now to MALAYsia. Let me share with u. Cheena in MALAYsia and Sinkieland knew about it. But they simply play dumb and always play the racial card. Calling MALAYsia a racist country. Check this out!

Patricia Yapp is first Asian woman fighter pilot to fly the MiG-29

1617154039074.png

Mejar Patricia Yapp does not take the country’s independence and sovereignty for granted.

“Merdeka is an important day. We should respect the warriors who fought for our independence and sacrificed for the greater good.

“It is our obligation to maintain Merdeka not only by words but by actions,” says 41-year-old Yapp who made history as the first Asian woman fighter pilot to fly the MiG-29.

Sabah-born Yapp is probably the most well-known woman fighter pilot in Malaysia, and she has been named one of Malaysia’s Ikon-ikon Negaraku.

The mother-of-two says she is proud to be listed among the country’s most eminent individuals.

“I feel honoured and blessed to be chosen as one of the Negaraku icons,” says Yapp, adding that she feels lucky to be a Malaysian and to be able to do her part in ensuring the country’s security.

became interested in flying when her elder brother Captain Ignatius Yapp became a pilot. But her father objected.

So, in 1996, Yapp moved to Kuala Lumpur from her hometown in Sandakan to study law. But by the second semester, Yapp knew it was not a path she wanted to pursue. She then applied for the Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) cadet programme without her parents’ knowledge. She only told her parents of her change in career plans after successfully completing the first stage of the selection process, and they relented.

1617154090720.png

In 2000, Yapp graduated from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia with a diploma in Aeronautical Engineering. After completing her flight training in 2002, she chose to be a fighter pilot and flew the Aermacchi MB-339 aircraft for four years. After this, she became an operational and tactical lead pilot with the No. 17/19 Smokey Bandits Squadron in Kuantan that flies the MiG-29N Fulcrum air superiority jets. She also performed in the squadron’s aerobatics displays at air shows. Yapp, who qualified as a flight instructor in 2014, has now served with the RMAF for 20 years.

“Training has been part and parcel of my life in the military. We learn how to shoot not only on the ground but also in the air. We perform jobs that require utmost accuracy. Performing in air display, flying formation, firing missiles ... they are all about being disciplined. Learning to control our emotions and anxieties, and being disciplined in the flying world are very important,” says Yapp.

“In Sabah, when I was young, we were very happy to hold the Malaysian flag and wave it to each other. Now, I still do carry one but on my shoulders while flying the flag up in the air,” says Yapp who usually takes part in Merdeka celebrations each year by performing in a flypast.

Though the country has gone through various changes, Yapp believes Malaysians are still united, and it’s most evident during sporting events.

“We cheered for Misbun Sidek before and now we are cheering for Datuk Lee Chong Wei,” she adds.

Yapp believes that the country’s future lies in maintaining a strong family institution.

“Let go of unnecessary political issues, just focus on patriotism as a single entity,” she stresses.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have no issue with that, just talking point. When I was staying in JB I got along well with all races as well. You’ll be amazed how openly Cheenas talk about such things in Mudland, people are used to it and don’t take it as offence.

Of course cheena talk abt it. U try talking and discuss with the Malays tere.

Btw why cheena like to address MALAYsia as Mudland? Why address the Malays as m&d? I mean if u dont like the country and the race, then avoid going or investing tere lah.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hmm is this fighter jet example common? You can speak to anyone who grew up in Malaysia. The double standard starts all the way from school admissions esp Uni intake in courses. But they Malaysian Cheenas are quite hard driving, they either live with the discrimination or migrate to Singapore to become an MP.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Of course cheena talk abt it. U try talking and discuss with the Malays tere.

Btw why cheena like to address MALAYsia as Mudland? Why address the Malays as m&d? I mean if u dont like the country and the race, then avoid going or investing tere lah.
That’s the official SBF terminology no? m&ds, Cheenas, Yellows, AMDK, shitskins

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hmm is this fighter jet example common? You can speak to anyone who grew up in Malaysia. The double standard starts all the way from school admissions esp Uni intake in courses. But they Malaysian Cheenas are quite hard driving, they either live with the discrimination or migrate to Singapore to become an MP.

I am comparing Sinkieland and MALAYsia. I show u the Malaya constitution, no? Rules of Law. Privileges already stated. So why kpkb now?

As for Singapore, we also have the Singapore constitution where the garment of the day must look after the Malays education, language and religion. Mind u national language of Sinkieland is Malay, no?

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Only recently we hear news tat teres a Sinkie Malay pilot. But not fighter pilot ya. :rolleyes: Pilot...just a token! Such an important and prestigious post, they actually gave to a Non Muslim, a cheena. And here we hear cheena kpkb 24/7 Msia a racist country, doesnt accept non Malays in the civil service and they discriminate the minorities. :cautious:

If they are indeed all hardworking, then they should migrate to sinkieland. 25% still stuck there knowing they are "discriminated". Why? If i am cheena i sure migrate to sinkieland. So many privileges given to cheena in Sinkieland. Mandarin PAP pride. Yet they, cheena, chose to live in Msia. Need to have their head check. :biggrin:

Last edited:

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If they are indeed all hardworking, then they should migrate to sinkieland. 25% still stuck there knowing they are "discriminated". Why? If i am cheena i sure migrate to sinkieland. So many privileges given to cheena in Sinkieland. Yet they, cheena, chose to live in Msia. Need to have their head check. :biggrin:
Sinkieland Cheena has no privileges. Everybuddy same same regardless of color or odour. In fact they did exactly what u said - migrate. Cheenas population in MY has dwindled from 37% to 23% in the last 50 years.