• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which Minister has given the worst performance over the haze issue?

Who is the worst perfoming Minister

• K Shamu

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Vivian B

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • Ng Eng Hen

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • PM Lee

Votes: 7 21.2%

• Total voters

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your thread selection is completely WRONG!

The worst performing MiniStar in this haze crisis should be ..

Gan Kim Yong

The rascal literally AWOL from the entire episode!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All same la....the entire cabinet is fuck useless!

Sham jump the gun tell you not to curse him and his family, NATO on dealing with companies involved

Gan Kim Yong arrow disGraceful to wayang.......he himself MIA

Vivian dunno what to do ask PM for help

PM makes the usual motherhood statements but no action as expected

Hen kena arrowed by PM tried to spin the PSI index figures, disGraceful monkey see monkey do

Paper General in MOM says you die your business let the haze kill workers

Kee Chew ran road to France to jiak hong

Presidential candidate can come out make statements........our own KFC man silent........maybe not in SG also

When they do make statements, Woody came out talk rubbish talk for sake of talking as if to remind everyone he not dead yet

The rest not a peep....maybe overseas holiday siam the haze.

THIS IS WHAT YOU VOTED FOR. Motley crew of vile self serving scums.

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Simi lanjiao performance?

Fire still burning, masks price marked up 300%, wayang with saf 5tonner when it more green to use a proper transport company light truck to deliever mask to CC.

The psi down because there a strong prevailing wind blowing since last afternoon which dispersed the smog. Once mother nature decide to turn off power to the wind, it will be as hazy as it can get.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Health Minister has indeed been disappointing. He has hardly uttered a single word since assuming his post, let alone during this Haze crisis.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
K Shamu (Foreign Minister)--for saying don't you ever curse the PAP and there's nothing the little red dot can do

Vivian B--for harping more on AHPETC than on the haze

Ng Eng Hen--for not using the SAF and telling people about threshold PSI nonsense

PM Lee--for not acting like PM should

Minister Mentor..Goh Chok Tong..for not saying..

..........IF THERE IS NO HAZE, I WILL BE WORRIED...,,,

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just when i Thought to propose to those tissue Aunties to sWitch to seLLing masks..

..the HaZe is suddenLy Gone !...:wink:
Instead of seLLing 3 packs of tissues for $1; they maybe then abLe to seLL Masks at 1 for $3..:biggrin:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The practial all-new Haze Index

To reduce the Singaporean "fixation with numbers", the Gahmen has announced that PSI be done away with & replaced with a new indicator, Fewlings.

And Fewlings will be calculated over a 24 week average.

Initial PFI (Pollution Fewling Index) milestones will include:

1. Good Fewling
2. Can Still Go Out Fewling
3. You Want to Wear Mask, Wear Lor Fewling
4. Don't Ask Gahmen For Stop Work Order Lah Fewling
5. Mask is Coming, Mask is Coming, Love Your Mask Fewling and;
6. Look, Muar More Worse Than Us, Ok? Fewling

Fewlings has been deemed a more accurate indication of how the haze will affect the population. Also planned, the removal of the word "hazardous" to describe any haze scenario.

http://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2013/06...ium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+mrbrown+(mrbrown)

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Haze reveals a short-sighted govt.

The present haze situation we’re facing, which set new records earlier this week, has revealed something worrying about our government. Ministers Vivian Balakrishnan, Grace Fu, and Ng Eng Hen all echoed the same message, that all of us should focus on the 24-hour PSI reading, and not the three-hour PSI reading. This has been repeated so many times now that I’m beginning to get rather irritated.

I think we all understand pretty well that the health impact of pollutant exposure not just depends on the intensity, but also the duration. The smoke from our barbeques can’t be good, but we don’t barbeque all day, nor do we do that often. We walk along busy congested roads, and we walk past dusty construction sites. Sometimes we also get odours of paint thinner from someone’s renovation, or other sort of unhealthy chemicals.

We pretty much get it, as long as we don’t continuously expose ourselves to such pollutants, we’re still quite alright.

Many of us are “fixated” on the three-hour PSI reading for a good reason. It tells us what is happening “right now”. We would have preferred a one-hour PSI reading if one was available. We can easily recognise paint thinner, barbeque smog, and some other sort of pollutants. But most of us appreciate some help with an indication of how bad our haze is.

I don’t think anyone of us will panic and activate our dooms-day plan when the three-hour PSI breaks 400. But we will take precautions, such as avoid going outdoors.

The problem with the 24-hour PSI reading is that it is not only an average over too long a period, but also of a period in the past. I don’t know if our government understand this. The reading is about something that is already over.

Do you want to go through danger, and then when you’re over it, get the information that, oh yah, you were in danger earlier? Surely you want some realtime update about the situation that you are presently facing.

So I’m beginning to wonder. Is this why our Stamford canal can fill to the brim, and then overflow because it is full, to cause flooding in Orchard Road? After the canal has overflowed, and amid much public frustration, then the government decides something needs to be done to alleviate the problem? I am also thinking about whether our various other problems, such as overcrowded public transport and inadequate supply of public housing, might have to do with data averaged over distant history.

This is being reactive, and not proactive. It is being short-sighted, and not forward looking. The three-hour PSI reading is surely every bit as important and relevant as the 24-hour PSI reading. In fact, it would even be better to have one-hour PSI readings.

We know some people who have taken matters into their own hands, publishing pollutant readings that they’ve measured themselves. The measurement and publishing of results can be completely automated, and performed as frequently as every minute. It will cost less than $500. It’s crazy that our government cannot do something better. To put 50 of these around the island will cost only $25K, surely just spare change to the government.

Moving forward, more people from the community are coming forward to build their own measurements. Me too. I’ll share more information when the time comes.

- http://zitseng.com/archives/4834

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Haze reveals a short-sighted govt.

For a living thing, what we need is current status information, not the past 24 hours average stuff.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Given the authority, how would you have resolve the haze issue ? I am referring to solving the haze, not on how to compensate sinkies for the haze.

For me, I would use 2 methods. First use soft approach..tolong them, offer some $$ and coupled with some hot sinke chicks..if that doesn't solve, use hard approach..warn them..Li kar limpeh stop it, else I will order my army troop to kill all the arsonists.

Last edited:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All govt ministries start work on Haze action plans, announce by week end.

All Government ministries will be announcing action plans this week to help minimise the disruption that the haze can cause to the lives of Singaporeans.

Chairman of the haze inter-agency taskforce Dr Ng Eng Hen said at a press conference on Monday evening that there is likely to be a slowdown and disruptions to services as workers need to take more breaks if they are working in hazy conditions.

The action plans of ministries are important to help ensure that life goes on as normal as possible despite possible disruptions, said Dr Ng who is also Defence Minister.

Dr Ng said for example that the National Environment Agency is looking into the scenario of garbage collectors having to take more breaks to rest because of poor air quality.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: All govt ministries start work on Haze action plans, announce by week end.

They saw my posting and put their fucking ass to work. :oIo:

Let see if they can perform up to my standard! :kma:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shanmugam is the worst for drawing millions and yet gave up without even trying, saying every country is sovereign.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How Gahmen's disastrous communications skills elevated citizens' confusion

Lesson 1: People desire precise real time information.

There is a great amount of confusion over the different indicators that NEA has provided over the past week. There is the 3 hourly average PSI reading, 24 hour average PSI reading, and the PM2.5 reading, along with all their associated health advisories. In a bid to obtain hourly readings, many people have resorted to constructing their own excel sheets and graphs (such as this), second guessing what exactly are the hourly inputs that NEA uses.

The ministers themselves did not help their own cause when Min(MEWR) Vivian Balakrishnan (VVB) held a press conference and said something to the effect of “we should not be fixated on the numbers”, and when Grace Fu said that the 24 hour PSI reading is a better gauge of the haze’s health impact. Bloggers like TheHeartTruths also disputed VVB’s message, saying that other countries published hourly readings. This prompted a clarification by MEWR.

The problem is that all this is unnecessary and confusing. While NEA and MEWR were concerned about getting the correct readings to gauge the impact on people’s health, many people were primarily concerned about getting the best precise real time reading to decide on their course of action for themselves and for their families. Should I still honor that appointment in the next one hour? Should I bring my mask? Should I go swimming? Is it OK to go to the neighbourhood wet market to shop in the morning? The government and the people were basically not talking to each other. One yelled “I want hourly readings to know what to do!” while another just stuck with “24hour readings are best measures of health impact.”

Lesson 2: Political leaders need to be leaders!!!!
In times of crisis, groups look up to their leaders for precise “big” priorities and swift “big” action. Min(MEWR) VVB’s first press conference on Wednesday night at 2330hrs missed that opportunity. He said that “we will have to make adjustments to our daily routines.” You don’t really have to tell us that you know. In that press conference, NEA and MEWR also provided detailed health advisories. But health advisories are very crude announcements at best. What are the consequences if an individual doesn’t follow the “advice”? What about companies? What about outdoor workers?

The next day, PM Lee Hsien Loong (LHL) held a press conference in the afternoon. Although he mentioned that “My priority is to protect the health and safety of Singaporeans, especially vulnerable groups.” which is great, he further confused his message when he went on to say that “we must carry on with our daily lives” and that any response to stop work must be flexible and “calibrated”. This is confusing because it appears that the principles of “flexibility” and “carry on with our daily lives” over-rode the paramount priority of “health and safety of Singaporeans” (and not forgetting the foreign workers too).

So if protecting “the health and safety of Singaporeans” was his priority, what action did he implement? He set up a committee. >_<||| Leaders don’t set up committees in times of crisis. Leaders give direction and orders. Setting up committees signals that you are delegating and shifting responsibility.

OK, so they also announced that a whole range of Singaporeans can see their general practitioners and pay only $10 if they have haze-related health problems. That is awesome but is reactive rather than proactive. You want to get people to get masks to prevent themselves from falling sick, rather than let people fall sick and then subsidize their medical costs. How much productivity would have been wasted by then?

Lesson 3: Distribution matters more than supply.

On Thursday, after PM Lee held his press conference and when MOH first reassured the public that there were 9 million N95 masks in stock, it appeared that things were really problematic. I decided to head to Tampines Central to buy N95 masks on Friday morning. All the Guardian, Watsons, Unity outlets had no N95 masks. I ended up buying those flimsy surgical masks instead. I asked my mother, who works very near SGH if the SGH pharmacy had N95 masks, she said that they also had no stock. On Saturday morning, when I went to Khoo Teck Puat hospital pharmacy to buy N95 masks, they also had no stock. It was only until Sunday that most people who wanted N95 masks could get one, and when the low income households were distributed N95 masks by the army and grassroots volunteers. 3 days. In a crisis, (and for a supposedly decisive and effective government), not good enough.

Not only was the response slow, retailers also took the opportunity to raise prices on Thursday and Friday. A box of 20 N95 masks was retailing at around $75 at Watsons. Only on Sunday did Min(MEWR) VVB come out to “urge” retailers not to profit from selling masks. CASE also released a statement. Do you think these statements will work? Will retailers suddenly find their conscience after reading a statement? How much money was “lost” to these retailers? Leaders don’t “urge” in times of crisis. Leaders dictate swift action to fulfill priorities. None of that was forthcoming.

Conclusion

Leaders don’t stand on boxes with a loud hailer. Enjoy this picture, and caption please.

- http://ayummysliceoflife.wordpress.com/2013/06/24/3-preliminary-lessons-from-the-great-haze-of-2013/

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: All govt ministries start work on Haze action plans, announce by week end.

Alamak, never mention give electricity tariff discount ..I on my air con round the clock, bill gonna be very ex sia..