• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

which country?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..... unfortunately, no reputable or successful hedge fund manager will touch a cash portfolio of only sgd1m. it's too small a sum to attract legit players. scammers and fraudsters on the other hand will love to meet her.

How much do you need to get the attention of a reputable hedge fund manager:confused:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you had one million, which country would you choose to live in?

1. money to be used to buy a flat/house
(unless rental so cheap that can rent for the next 30 years)

cannot spend more than 300k on house... as need the money to live on

and what about visa issues?

so any ideas on which country, with the exception of malaysia

No need to rush to buy a home because a home can be a headache. Renting gives one the flexibility to move about until you discover if you like a place before commiting $$$.

If you are interested in Chiangmai check out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41FsrPBzxrE&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT2Ikm1ku6E&feature=related

For cheap rentals you can get an idea from:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txoJzTYd4DU&feature=related

You only need $$$$$$ if you are thinking of staying in BKK.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

SGD 1 million will qualify to be company's VIP client. House about 100K-200K in Sin City but cheaper condo recommended because can under your own name. Long term visa no problem, want to be buried here also can.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i would recommend the 1996 88' lakeview.

1996-lakeview-widebody--12.jpg

tdgh-11.jpg

tdgh-19.jpg

1996-lakeview-widebody--19.jpg

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

i suggest dun go to another country if you never though of how to get income from your $1 million in the first place.

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I love My Singapore. The world's best city to live in - the cleanest, the safest and the best governed. Majulah Singapura!!!

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
It funny reading the comments. You would think that we're in Vietnam where everyone is a millionaire in Dong. Seriously, how many of you actually have S$1m (except Clinton666 of course *sarcastically)?

If the average household income in Singapore is $60k a year, the amount represents almost 16 years of income. Not real income after expense and in present value!!

So fuck! With S$1m, you can live anywhere in the world Wendy. My advice, choose a place where you can live freely and openly. Where there are boundless rounds and beautiful places to cycle to. Forget the boat house. For you, I would recommend America or New Zealand unless you want to learn French to live in Europe.

Thailand is for retired American soldiers who wants a bang for their buck with their petty salary.

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
It funny reading the comments. You would think that we're in Vietnam where everyone is a millionaire in Dong. Seriously, how many of you actually have S$1m (except Clinton666 of course *sarcastically)?

If the average household income in Singapore is $60k a year, the amount represents almost 16 years of income. Not real income after expense and in present value!!

So fuck! With S$1m, you can live anywhere in the world Wendy. My advice, choose a place where you can live freely and openly. Where there are boundless rounds and beautiful places to cycle to. Forget the boat house. For you, I would recommend America or New Zealand unless you want to learn French to live in Europe.

Thailand is for retired American soldiers who wants a bang for their buck with their petty salary.

Singaporeans really believe the hype about how they are the richest people in the world. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singaporeans really believe the hype about how they are the richest people in the world. :rolleyes: :biggrin:

haha one million doesn't go very far in singapore, not when for 40years, i lived with the utmost grace of my father in about 25000sq feet , and now in a box 60 times smaller

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any country also can, as long as fit your lifestyle. And no need 1 million to get out of Sinking land. You can earn that amount back once you are unsinkified. Many did it with much less.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Any country also can, as long as fit your lifestyle. And no need 1 million to get out of Sinking land. You can earn that amount back once you are unsinkified. Many did it with much less.

the biggest problem is the visa issue. , for most countries

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Visa and even money not the biggest problem. Attitude and determination is.

pls lah, lets not be simplistic here....

but since you mentioned it, here goes,
hypothetically, if you have a very well paid job, a nice house (maybe 2), a nice car (maybe 2), a nice country club membership and got lots of determnination and attitude to make more and more money, and if someone gives you a million dollars, why dont you say NO? tell them you have all you need plus u have the attitude and determination to make even more millions...hypothetically of course

disclaimer, i got no Attitude and determination, and got no property before the one milliom. i have one million, not as loose change

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pls lah, lets not be simplistic here....

but since you mentioned it, here goes,
hypothetically, if you have a very well paid job, a nice house (maybe 2), a nice car (maybe 2), a nice country club membership and got lots of determnination and attitude to make more and more money, and if someone gives you a million dollars, why dont you say NO? tell them you have all you need plus u have the attitude and determination to make even more millions...hypothetically of course

disclaimer, i got no Attitude and determination, and got no property before the one milliom. i have one million, not as loose change
Pls lah, tell me what's so complicated about buying a one-way ticket out of Sinking land? I have did it, thousands or several hundred thousands has did it and many more thousands will do it.

Typical Sinkee Kia Su and Kia See attitude, must wait for everything laid out nicely, then runroad. Luckily, I don't have this kind of attitude, else think now I cleaning tables at hawker centres liaoz.