• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Which chinese herbs are good for boosting immunity and build resistance to sore throat, cough and lung problems?

cloudy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Luohanguo? Chrysanthemum? Err... I am really bad at this. Any Chinese herbs expert here who can share some knowledge?

I boiled a big pot of luohanguo last night and this morning, filled my daughter"s water bottle with it. Hopefully she finishes it before she goes home in the early afternoon.

I also realise that ztp sells two types of luohanguo. They have a black one and also a yellow one. The black one is roasted, the yellow one is sun-dried, that's what the ah beng man say. Not sure whether it's true. So I bought the yellow one. I tasted after boiling. It has a sort of a errr.. how to say... Cannot find a English word to describe, in dialect is "kumchow" after taste.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
img_2824-jpg.74187

Citracal Maximum Plus D3 Description
  • Now with Zinc, Copper & Manganese
  • Calcium Citrate with the Essential Micronutrients Zinc, Copper & Manganese to Support Bone Health
  • 虫草 is good for resistance and immunity

IMG_2824.JPG

Last edited:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most children will just dump chinese medicinal drink in the drain unless you make them drink before your very own eyes.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Luohanguo? Chrysanthemum? Err... I am really bad at this. Any Chinese herbs expert here who can share some knowledge?

I boiled a big pot of luohanguo last night and this morning, filled my daughter"s water bottle with it. Hopefully she finishes it before she goes home in the early afternoon.

I also realise that ztp sells two types of luohanguo. They have a black one and also a yellow one. The black one is roasted, the yellow one is sun-dried, that's what the ah beng man say. Not sure whether it's true. So I bought the yellow one. I tasted after boiling. It has a sort of a errr.. how to say... Cannot find a English word to describe, in dialect is "kumchow" after taste.

You're wasting your time and money none of these so called herbal concoctions do a damned thing for anyone other than empty your bank account.

If you want to find something that works do a search at https://scholar.google.com/ for "double blind" plus the herb of your choice to see whether anything has been published and peer reviewed for accuracy and authenticity.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're wasting your time and money none of these so called herbal concoctions do a damned thing for anyone other than empty your bank account.

If you want to find something that works do a search at https://scholar.google.com/ for "double blind" plus the herb of your choice to see whether anything has been published and peer reviewed for accuracy and authenticity.
KNN taking Chinese herbs has the same theory as wearing mask KNN

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

KNN chinese medicine does not aim at boosting the original areas of your choice in this case boosting immunity KNN eg if you goto a tcm for back pain they will treat your liver or kidney etc instead KNN their books say everything's inside our body are interlinked so you need to aim at the root cause KNN in short there is no such thing as boosting immunity herbs KNN

Last edited:

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal

Having a healthy gut is the best thing you can do for your immune system and this has been scientifically established.

Consume more probiotic and prebiotic type foods.

You can search more on Google but here's something to get you started.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/articles/what_should_you_eat_for_a_healthy_gut

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where to buy beewax for consumption. Most store only sell honey.
not sg as there are few to no orchards in sg. farmers invite beekeepers and their bee colonies to their orchards to cross-pollinate flowering plants and trees. if you go raw with geylang honey it’s not considered raw honey, but you can try that to lose immunity.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surely stir fried cockroaches and clay pot beetles are far superior. Taken along with bat soup it pretty much makes the Chinese immune to everything.

I swear by antelope horn for fever. But apparently...

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0022510X19313607

Conclusions
The experience prescription of TCM syndrome differentiation has no significant effect on the prognosis of acute ischemic stroke, but reduces the incidence of respiratory infection during hospitalization.