• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where to Play Fireowrks Legally in Singapore?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Where huh? Long time never play since childhood...

Why Chenghu never set up a Fireworks Park and let us go there and play fire crackers until shiok shiok...???

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, I know its a crappy feeling since 1971/2 when it was banned. Nearest place is to drive up to Johor. My colleague lives in Batu Pahat and has invited me to go over and visit during CNY. May just do that. Also, agree that the local authorities should allow it with certain restrictions (eg. only firecrackers, no rockets) at designated playgrounds. The sound of firecrackers changes the whole mood of CNY. In Malaysia, it is banned too, but the cops are not going to waste their time searching for offenders when they hear the crackers, turns out likely to be young boys firing them. They'd just pretend they didn't hear a thing.

Cheers!

Where huh? Long time never play since childhood...

Why Chenghu never set up a Fireworks Park and let us go there and play fire crackers until shiok shiok...???

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Yeah, I know its a crappy feeling since 1971/2 when it was banned. Nearest place is to drive up to Johor. My colleague lives in Batu Pahat and has invited me to go over and visit during CNY. May just do that. Also, agree that the local authorities should allow it with certain restrictions (eg. only firecrackers, no rockets) at designated playgrounds. The sound of firecrackers changes the whole mood of CNY. In Malaysia, it is banned too, but the cops are not going to waste their time searching for offenders when they hear the crackers, turns out likely to be young boys firing them. They'd just pretend they didn't hear a thing.

Cheers!

Sports Hub is a good location! The grass is inferior quality anyway...:biggrin:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the size of the crackers are restricted to the small ones, any basketball/badminton court will do. Actually, void decks at HDB estates should do to. Players should stop all play by 11 pm though.

Cheers!

Sports Hub is a good location! The grass is inferior quality anyway...:biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
If the size of the crackers are restricted to the small ones, any basketball/badminton court will do. Actually, void decks at HDB estates should do to. Players should stop all play by 11 pm though.

Cheers!

Istana field so big...should allow Sinkies to have Fireworks party there mah ... chey...

Alfrescian
Loyal
the original purpose of the ban was to avoid starting and spreading mass fire to kampong/attap houses.......nowadays all concrete liao how to spread fire.....nobody would be dumb enough to light the fireworks within the shoeboxes anyway.....

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the original purpose of the ban was to avoid starting and spreading mass fire to kampong/attap houses.......nowadays all concrete liao how to spread fire.....nobody would be dumb enough to light the fireworks within the shoeboxes anyway.....

You are not right on this, the ban was imposed, this happened so long time ago, when a family living in HDB flat ( where I have forgotten), was loosing the packs of firecrackers in their hall, when someone upstairs threw firecrackers down & some dropped into the house...it started a fire & I forgot, how many died...that was when it was banned...

How come...only LHL & members can play with firecrackers? from the recent photo? so unfair...ha ha ha ha:rolleyes:

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are not right on this, the ban was imposed, this happened so long time ago, when a family living in HDB flat ( where I have forgotten), was loosing the packs of firecrackers in their hall, when someone upstairs threw firecrackers down & some dropped into the house...it started a fire & I forgot, how many died...that was when it was banned...

How come...only LHL & members can play with firecrackers? from the recent photo? so unfair...ha ha ha ha:rolleyes:

Ok, thanks for clarifying........I was too young then....as usual sinkies sabo themselves....

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

True boh?

Even if true, it is a freak accident rite? Then ban everything?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True boh?

Maybe you were sucking on tits or teats then to remember , from wikipedia "Singapore – a partial ban on firecrackers was imposed in March 1970 after a fire killed six people and injured 68".:rolleyes:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
True boh?

True. I was there - the smell of fire crackers brought back old memories.
Happened during last Saturday's lighting up at Chinatown.
The other funny thing was that the entire proceedings were conducted in English - in the heart of Chinatown!