• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where to from here, Kenneth?

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What of the legacy of the people's champion your father left behind? Should you not now take a step back, realise that your lofty goals and promises were too ivory-towered for Singaporeans who struggle every day with the hopes of giving their kids a better chance in life?

Seriously, how would a young parent of kids fighting to get a place in childcare or kids struggling to cope with their homework in Primary School have the time to engage in stately discourse with you over the finances of Singapore? Rather, I'd say they will not vote for you simply because you might delve into such issues if elected and would isolate yourself from the grassroots simply because you felt they were beneath you multi-billion dollar fund managerial background.

And please, your "If I get voted I will move to XX constituency" is hardly the carrot on a stick effect you had intended. I for one, from West Coast GRC will not want you back here in the next GE. Go plant roots somewhere else, this time, move there, mingle and really work the ground for GE2016. Do it starting from NOW.

I would want an MP who understands my immediate concerns, not one who sets hoity-toity national issues in front of me and sets my family adrift in the tide of inflating prices and dwindling spaces for my kids to call SG home.

Next time, get yourself a heap of humility, some ground wisdom and do not perk yourself up as the Shadow Finance Minister wannabe. This is Singapore and we are getting sick politicians that reek of elitism and frame issues for us, expecting it be swallowed whole. We and our families ARE the issue.

So, where to from here, Kenneth?

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Simple. Next better player take over. Lesson learned. Goodbye.

And please, please understand that the financial state of Singapore is still a very very important topic. All the solutions to your so-called bread and butter issues need money.

Last edited:

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I understand that, but KJ had simply isolated himself in by framing the issues in which he EXPECTED Singaporeans to vote him in for. Shows how much ground work actually did.

This is the man who showed voters that he was too full of himself, that he would be better off as Finance Minister and would not have discharged his issues as their MP effectively.

Simple. Next better player take over. Lesson learned. Goodbye.

And please, please understand that the financial state of Singapore is still a very very important topic. All the solutions to your so-called bread and butter issues need money.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
KJ got two options:

1) wake up, pack up and balik back to uk; or
2) stay in sg, choose a place, west coast maybe? and start working the ground for another shot in 2016. Show people you are involved

obviously 2 is the harder thing to do, so he better become a better politician and not besmirch his old man's name again with a lousy campaign.

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Serves him RIGHT !!! I've never like this arrogant Arse-hole the very first time he speaks.........:oIo: KJ

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
KJ reminds me of the many POMs that I have come across who are very capable of talking your ear off over "high level" issues, but fall short on execution. i.e.- they talk big lofty ideals but ignore the details, expecting them to fall into place on their own, eventually relying on a web of half-truths and smoke and mirrors until one day they end up swimming so deep in their own toxic shit and drown.

In SG, POMs like these would expect to lord over Singaporeans, but over here in Oz, they are eventually "eased out of the system" (i.e.- get sacked, demoted, marginalized). Seen it happen so many times to the point that even Aussies distrust POMs.

Serves him RIGHT !!! I've never like this arrogant Arse-hole the very first time he speaks.........:oIo: KJ

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yep, encapsulated everything that is politically wrong with KKJ.

What of the legacy of the people's champion your father left behind? Should you not now take a step back, realise that your lofty goals and promises were too ivory-towered for Singaporeans who struggle every day with the hopes of giving their kids a better chance in life?

Seriously, how would a young parent of kids fighting to get a place in childcare or kids struggling to cope with their homework in Primary School have the time to engage in stately discourse with you over the finances of Singapore? Rather, I'd say they will not vote for you simply because you might delve into such issues if elected and would isolate yourself from the grassroots simply because you felt they were beneath you multi-billion dollar fund managerial background.

And please, your "If I get voted I will move to XX constituency" is hardly the carrot on a stick effect you had intended. I for one, from West Coast GRC will not want you back here in the next GE. Go plant roots somewhere else, this time, move there, mingle and really work the ground for GE2016. Do it starting from NOW.

I would want an MP who understands my immediate concerns, not one who sets hoity-toity national issues in front of me and sets my family adrift in the tide of inflating prices and dwindling spaces for my kids to call SG home.

Next time, get yourself a heap of humility, some ground wisdom and do not perk yourself up as the Shadow Finance Minister wannabe. This is Singapore and we are getting sick politicians that reek of elitism and frame issues for us, expecting it be swallowed whole. We and our families ARE the issue.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
KJ's family in the UK right? Go and migrate there and try to run as an MP. Bet you he'll get less votes than the BNP