• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where is thy honour, Mr Ng Eng Han?

EunoiaJAYCEE

Alfrescian
Loyal
I write this now at 0245 hours, 24 Jan 2019. It’s not possible to go back to sleep after I awoke to take a pee and happened on the Yahoo-reported news of death of Aloysius Pang based on an SAF news release dated 23 Jan 2019, 2329 hours i.e. less than 2 hours 45 mins when Corporal First Class (NS) Aloysius died at Waikato Hospital, New Zealand.

Now, in a short space of a mere nine months,

Pte Lee Han Xuan Dave on 30 Apr 2018
Pte Lui Kai on 3 Nov 2018
CFC Aloysius Pang on 23 Jan 2019

have all died.

And, of course, it is Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), that “The Ministry of Defence and the SAF extend their deepest condolences to the family of CFC (NS) Pang and will continue to render assistance and support in their time of loss.”

And, as is the norm in Singapore, when a precious, priceless, ir-revivable, ir-resurrectable life is lost, no less – I’d say, but no more – than “An independent Committee of Inquiry will be convened to investigate the circumstances leading to the incident.”

Singapore has what is touted as the best government and cabinet in the whole wide world, with million $$$ salaries to match. Salaries that are the absolute highest in the world – I’d say, in the history of mankind. But for lesser than S$53,000/- p.a. (NT$1,180,940) or 5% of a Singapore minister’s salary, the Taiwanese (and others) get a defence minister who took full responsibility and resigned from just one conscript death.

But no sir, Singapore ministers are untouchable, irreplaceable. With the PAP’s uninterrupted and absolute power for 60 years, a debased leadership concept of “collective government responsibility” i.e. “the responsibility of Government was a collective one, and no minister carried difficult problems like public transport alone”, under PM Lee Hsien Loong has become, I’d say, absolute currency.

More at https://www.prolificcrap.com/forum/...ders-display-moral-cowardice-by-going-missing

Last edited:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
In tragedy and adversity, our leaders display moral cowardice by going missing

Augustine Low 2019-01-26 Opinion

When Singapore hosted the Trump-Kim summit last year, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong spoke extensively to the media, telling Singaporeans “I hope you will understand this is for a good cause, it is a national effort, and I hope we will be all be able to work together to show the world what Singapore can do.”

After the summit, Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen waxed lyrical, giving an A grade to the Singapore Armed Forces for security preparations for the summit: “I suppose in exam terms, this is a preliminary test which I think we scored an A.”

Mind you, this was an event where Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan admitted that Singapore’s role was merely to “serve tea and coffee.”

Our leaders went out of their way to score points over a summit that Singapore hosted, but in the aftermath of the latest death of a national serviceman, Aloysius Pang, they conspicuously went missing.

They left it to the military brass to hold a media conference, giving very scant details of what happened.

What in heaven’s name has happened to the Prime Minister who is a former general himself? And why did the Defence Minister not see it fit to take charge and take responsibility?

In fact, not a single leader or politician dared to face the nation to give an account of the latest tragedy.

PM Lee and Dr Ng spent so much time and effort to claim credit for a summit. But when a young Singaporean died tragically while serving the country, they abdicated their duty and responsibility to face the nation. They relegated the task to SAF generals who appeared ill-equipped to give a creditable account of what happened.

Is this what has become of our leaders? They come out in full force when the going is good but when things turn tragic, they go missing.

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2019/01/26/in-tragedy-and-adversity-our-leaders-display-moral-cowardice-by-going-missing/

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

When Singapore hosted the Trump-Kim summit last year, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong spoke extensively to the media, telling Singaporeans “I hope you will understand this is for a good cause, it is a national effort, and I hope we will be all be able to work together to show the world what Singapore can do.”

After the summit, Defence Minister Ng Eng Hen waxed lyrical, giving an A grade to the Singapore Armed Forces for security preparations for the summit: “I suppose in exam terms, this is a preliminary test which I think we scored an A.”

Mind you, this was an event where Foreign Minister Vivian Balakrishnan admitted that Singapore’s role was merely to “serve tea and coffee.”

Our leaders went out of their way to score points over a summit that Singapore hosted, but in the aftermath of the latest death of a national serviceman, Aloysius Pang, they conspicuously went missing.

They left it to the military brass to hold a media conference, giving very scant details of what happened.

What in heaven’s name has happened to the Prime Minister who is a former general himself? And why did the Defence Minister not see it fit to take charge and take responsibility?

In fact, not a single leader or politician dared to face the nation to give an account of the latest tragedy.

PM Lee and Dr Ng spent so much time and effort to claim credit for a summit. But when a young Singaporean died tragically while serving the country, they abdicated their duty and responsibility to face the nation. They relegated the task to SAF generals who appeared ill-equipped to give a creditable account of what happened.

Is this what has become of our leaders? They come out in full force when the going is good but when things turn tragic, they go missing.

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2019/01/26/in-tragedy-and-adversity-our-leaders-display-moral-cowardice-by-going-missing/
Wanna bet? You think Ah Loong and Ching will show up at the wake?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those are just the more recent deaths. NS deaths have been happening for the longest time, and in many cases the press knows nothing about it because it either involves homicide, embarrassing details which could tarnish the reputation of the SAF, or classified military information.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The generals had plenty of time to prepare for the session.
Their mumbling, fumbling, giving answers not asked for etc is serious cause for concern.
What happens in real war? They cannot even talk their way out of something that had
happened days prior to the media briefing.
And they don't even look like hardened soldiers, who have been to the field lately.
They all looked like they were recalled from some facial massage session.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Nonsense! I just witnessed Tin Pei Ling in CNA telling reporters the PAP government is doing all it can to help Aloysius family.

I don't see no opposition around though.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Their mumbling, fumbling, giving answers not asked for etc is serious cause for concern.
What happens in real war? They cannot even talk their way out of something that had
And they don't even look like hardened soldiers, who have been to the field lately.

They look like primary school teachers to me.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Nonsense! I just witnessed Tin Pei Ling in CNA telling reporters the PAP government is doing all it can to help Aloysius family.

I don't see no opposition around though.
Read the article again. The writer was referring to Bargain Hen and Pinky being quick to score points, but avoid bad situations like this one.

Funeral wake at Tin Pei Ling's ward, opposition go there for what? :rolleyes:

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Pls don't be so hard on them. They are not called paper generals for nothing. :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Read the article again. The writer was referring to Bargain Hen and Pinky being quick to score points, but avoid bad situations like this one.

Funeral wake at Tin Pei Ling's ward, opposition go there for what? :rolleyes:

The send Tin to represent them