• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Where and What Tennis rackets to buy?

fried.perry

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am starting to play tennis again.

What type of racket should I get? Prince, Wilson, etc?

Where in Singapore do they sell reasonably priced rackets?

Cheers!

Z

Zombie

Cheers!

i thot quite std one that sport stuff go queensway shopping?

sleepermod

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheers!

I'm not too sure about the current crop of hi-tech tennis rackets though... I have tried Prince's O series and found them good and comfortable for control.

My all time racket is still the PUMA Boris Becker series from 1987-1989 era. Its heavy and stiff by today's standards but I still feel good with it. It's been a 20yr affair... :p I collect his rackets and string them to 58lbs using either natural gut for feel or hybrid guts for spin/added control.

For lazy days or sore arm, I would use the Wilson N-one racket. Stiff, light and powerful for short swing players.... like me :biggrin:

You should try Volker rackets if you like something light and stiff, easy on the elbow and forearm. Likewise for Prince.

Head and Wilson never really appealed to me except the old school Wilson ProStaff or Ultra II. Prince Boron was the best tech racket in its day during late 80's, somehow the present day hi-techness of the rackets don't exactly give me the old school feel :rolleyes:

Hope you can find something suitable at Queensway and Peninsula. They have been my haunts since my school days.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro I am lagi old school...was into BB's Donay, Jimbo's Wilson with the wrap around and Arthur Ashe's Head:rolleyes::biggrin:
My all time racket is still the PUMA Boris Becker series from 1987-1989 era. Its heavy and stiff by today's standards but I still feel good with it. It's been a 20yr affair... :p I collect his rackets and string them to 58lbs using either natural gut for feel or hybrid guts for spin/added control.

KKC007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not too sure about the current crop of hi-tech tennis rackets though... I have tried Prince's O series and found them good and comfortable for control.

For lazy days or sore arm, I would use the Wilson N-one racket. Stiff, light and powerful for short swing players.... like me :biggrin:

You should try Volker rackets if you like something light and stiff, easy on the elbow and forearm. Likewise for Prince.

Head and Wilson never really appealed to me except the old school Wilson ProStaff or Ultra II. Prince Boron was the best tech racket in its day during late 80's, somehow the present day hi-techness of the rackets don't exactly give me the old school feel :rolleyes:

Hope you can find something suitable at Queensway and Peninsula. They have been my haunts since my school days.
Wow! First post in 3 months!

Based on his question, I'll say go get the cheapest racket with the biggest surface. I don't think he will know the difference :-)

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
aesthetically i'd go for the babolat aeropro drive that's being used by a certain world no. 1. brilliant yellow!

nightmare

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been using the Wilson Pro Staff Original 95 sq-in headsize (Pete Sampras used the 85 sqin), for the last 15 years. It's a good racquet if you have the strength to swing it. Because of its mass, it makes your serve feel "heavier".

scoopdreams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like there's alot of Prince racquet fans around here. May I suggest you look at Head?

I started off with a Head Titanium 3000, it's heavier compared to the rest of the racquets, but you build forearm strength. Oversized or normal, if you are starting go for normal, the control is better (but you miss more also, then again it trains you).

Once you use a heavy racquet, when you move to a lighter higher-ended racquet, you'll find your power improved (but you also tend to in the early part to swing too early because you are used to the heavier racquet).

Start cheap first, budget, tennis in Singapore is a difficult hobby to upkeep because of the weather and locations. Once you are committed, build a core group of players and play regularly.