• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

When u resign did your boss and colleagues went crazy?

foreveralonetanyakchin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently 1 of my colleague resign. When he give his letter to boss, boss ask him why he want to resign. He say found new job. Boss did not say anything.

Another colleague go tell him - we are all happy working here. Workplace is near your house so you everyday just walk to work. You save time and transport fees. Company provide free meals daily so you save on food too. You shouldn't resign.

I hear liao i laugh at this guy in my heart. He is just angry that he have to take over the job of that colleague that is why he don't want the guy to resign

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Recently 1 of my colleague resign. When he give his letter to boss, boss ask him why he want to resign. He say found new job. Boss did not say anything.

Another colleague go tell him - we are all happy working here. Workplace is near your house so you everyday just walk to work. You save time and transport fees. Company provide free meals daily so you save on food too. You shouldn't resign.

I hear liao i laugh at this guy in my heart. He is just angry that he have to take over the job of that colleague that is why he don't want the guy to resign

What is the new job he found? Pay better? Work from home?

foreveralonetanyakchin

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the new job he found? Pay better? Work from home?

Old job n new job is security guard. Old job is at dormitories which got no air con. New job is at shopping centre got air con.

Pay is about the same. Main reason for leaving is he cannot stand hot weather. He want to work in air con environment

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Old job n new job is security guard. Old job is at dormitories which got no air con. New job is at shopping centre got air con.

Pay is about the same. Main reason for leaving is he cannot stand hot weather. He want to work in air con environment

He should migrate to a country which has cooler weather.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Normally most would celebrate when someone resigns.including boss as no need to pay severance.
Depends lah. If boss or colleagues don't like you, you resign everyone also happy. Win-win Situation. If company not stable, or running out of cash or about to collapse, it is common to see people leaving one by one. Understandable, no need to feel sad. If there is change of management, a good male boss replaced by an ugly fat nasty bitch, you resign people will congratulate you for your bold move. Sometimes, colleagues felt envious you resign because you got no family to look after, you single, happy go lucky type and whereas your colleagues being a breadwinner got family of 10 to feed. They angry because they think you are lucky to quit. In Singapore, a job is a job. There is no such thing call happy job, even being a boss also not happy. Best is to set up your own one-man-operation business that can give you regular income, no need to rely on CPF piece meal annuity to survive.

xhpp

thats a damn good improvement esp considering job market rn

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal

These are very common excuses cited for people who stay in the same company going nowhere, complaining everyday and yet staying year after year.

They are the worst possible reasons to stay - free meals and closer to home are inconsequential items in the grand scheme of things. One isn't going to get anywhere in life if these are the sort of ikan bilis reasons given for hanging around in a company.

knowwhatyouwantinlife

Alfrescian
Loyal
Depends lah. If boss or colleagues don't like you, you resign everyone also happy. Win-win Situation. If company not stable, or running out of cash or about to collapse, it is common to see people leaving one by one. Understandable, no need to feel sad. If there is change of management, a good male boss replaced by an ugly fat nasty bitch, you resign people will congratulate you for your bold move. Sometimes, colleagues felt envious you resign because you got no family to look after, you single, happy go lucky type and whereas your colleagues being a breadwinner got family of 10 to feed. They angry because they think you are lucky to quit. In Singapore, a job is a job. There is no such thing call happy job, even being a boss also not happy. Best is to set up your own one-man-operation business that can give you regular income, no need to rely on CPF piece meal annuity to survive.
Totally agree all u need is actually 30k thereabouts and get a margin account to either trade shares or fx...buy at bid sell at ask take profit everyday $50 extra on avg...artisanal do at homes products like art and baked goods are also in demand and could be sold on demand over the weekends...therein with a driving license to drive grab make 3k to 4k a mth is quite doable...let's not even talk about women bosses

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not wanting to brag, my boss sacked me, and was shocked when I told him why my performance was such, unlike before.
Till this day, he still offer me another role in his very successful Int'l Co.
And he still uttered the SAME WORD that he learnt from me.
Nevertheless, this ex HKie is so determined n thick skinned that I have never seen in life b4, door knocking w me, the streets of Ldn w cmi English.. What a life!!