• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

when is a good time to visit Beijing?

metadata

Alfrescian
Loyal
My sentiment exactly,
try lijiang and shangrila and you will have a tour of ur lifetime.
at the very least try suzhou, hangzhou or chengdu
for the most exotic try tibet or xingjiang
Beijing and Shanghai is two cities to be avoided for the exorbitent price and
traffice jam

if you die die really must come then avoid oct to feb (winter is freezing cold in
beijing and go great wall is even colder!), any china holiday and their student school holiday is a no no, weekend also try to avoid, you will never believe how packed it is when any of my mentioned condition is true, china tourism economy is entirely self sustained.

Never. The western part of China (Yunnan, Sichuan, Chengdu) is far more enojoyable.

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro, april is the good time, on the 1st day of april you can book a president suit and say hi! april fool you wouldn't get bash up.
another wisdom, go, do everything on solitaire, no fishy smell and no one can smear you. good riddance.
hi,all,when is a good time to visit beijing? thinking of going over in April,shld i backpack or join group tour?thks

ps07857

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have made many netfriends from China over the years.
Most of them are well educated and can chat with me in
English. And if i am to travel to China, they will be there
for me. So far, I have played host to 3 netfriends already.
Come January, another netfriend from Shanghai will be coming.
She told me she will be here for a 3 days meeting, but decided
to come early for leisure first. They are all first time visitors.
It's good to make friends all over the world.
--------------------------------------------------------------
how do you make sure they are not con artists? Do you really open up your homes to them? I find that a little hard to do though.... :(

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi,all,when is a good time to visit beijing? thinking of going over in April,shld i backpack or join group tour?thks

Depends on yourself. Personally I prefer the backpacking method since it gives you a lot of freedom. But you will also need to put in a lot of effort to plan the trip. China however is very cheap. U can probably take a cab everywhere you go and not feel the pinch so its not too much of an issue. If you are visiting the Great Wall though, I advise joining a day tour even if you are backpacking. Going alone on a cab isn't going to be cheap coz its quite a distance from the city

In terms of weather, Sept, Oct and Nov will be the best time, however, if you dont mind the cold, Dec and Jan will be different with everything being covered with snow.. Join a tour group if you are the first time visiting there. Take a train to Tianjin and you will see how much they are ahead of us..350km p.h.

U expect Trains to run at 350km/h in Singapore???? I bet the think can't even get to 100km/h before it reach the next stop here. :P

If you are referring to the train that runs to MY, that one own by MY not us. And yeah I agree, its pretty pathetic

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how do you make sure they are not con artists? Do you really open up your homes to them? I find that a little hard to do though.... :(
u scared of dem ... dey oso scared of u 1 ...

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

My netfriends are all girls, they are more worried than me.
I put them up in my relative HDB vacant flat, not my house.
They came, they left, nothing happened.