• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

When Chinatown looked like Chinatown.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some of that still remained well into the early-mid 1980s.

After that, the MRT and expressways came, and the rest was history. :biggrin:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I vividly remembered seeing si-ka-zua in a cage. Eating 野味 in Chinatown was a big thing back then.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I vividly remembered seeing si-ka-zua in a cage. Eating 野味 in Chinatown was a big thing back then.

My earliest memory was my mother taking me to the wet market at Chinatown Complex's basement to buy turtle for making turtle soup.

I also enjoyed throwing coins at the beggars outside the Waterloo Street temple, back then vehicles were able to travel along the road just outside the temple. :biggrin:

Reactions: jw5