• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

When Cantonese 粵語 Beats Mandarin 普通話 - Amazing Chinese Series

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How different are Mandarin 官話 / 普通話 and Cantonese 粵語 / 廣東話? Is it true that the written languages are the same? Is Cantonese just a dialect of Mandarin or an entirely separate language? How hard is it to learn Cantonese if you speak Mandarin?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cantonese is believed more related to the old "Qin-Han Dynasty" languages as it preserve some of the unique words and pronunciations. GuanDong remain a popular dialect in southern region and many other overseas chinatowns

Modern Chinese aka Pu Tong Hua is a northern dialect that is popularised after Yuan Dynasty. In addition, Ming Cheng Zhu shifted Ming political center from Nanking to Peking - former Yuan Capital site, catalyzed the importance of this northern dialect throughout the empire from 15th century.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why you so proud of Hokkien vulgarity ? You're beginning to sound like that commie dog Tanwahtiu.
Since when I proud of fuckeins? I just said canto vulgarity is no fight against fuckeins vulgarity.... Fuckeins can take the vulgarity crown for all I care

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
The cantos can curse without being vulgar.... Unlike fuckeins...just show how advanced the canto language and culture is

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

5522f9894670dfc5e6142a1d7a49a5f5~tplv-dy-resize-origshort-autoq-75:330.jpeg