• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What makes Aussies happy

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WA is all mining but nothing else - not surprising WA residents are not happy.

NSW is the biggest city , like all major cities in the world - congested, stressful, expensive housing, more competition , people tend to be more aggressive.

Without mining, WA is dead!

Property down again.

Manufacturing going to China Vietnam Bangladash

Service industry in WA is hopeless - When you buy thing from Harvey Norman, the sales rep stare at you blankly as if you owe her a living. If it is a salesman, he play hide and seek with you. If you call up, they bounce you like a ball from Subi stadium to Nib stadium.

Gerry Harvey should exit the retail business. Everytime I visit my office reception, I see people delivering TVs, and other mail order items - ordered online during office hours, like now I surf web.

But the resources contracts go on and on for the next 25-40 years. We are a very lucky troubled state!

Eg iron ore from Pilbara going South Korea - transfered to converyer belt for 35km journey to mill that turned into sheet metal to make cars. Then the steel is sent to car factory to be turned onto cars which are loaded onto ship for export back to Aus. The whole process takes 16 hours!

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Funny how bad news about Australia kept the trolls away :biggrin:
Shits! the bad news do not deter Indians - they keep arriving from the East and competing with me.
I end up test driving a Volvo which has a strong coconut smell. Nevermind, I spread some of my winter garlic smell. :eek:

Volvo S60 Offer
The All-New Volvo S60 with from $55,950* Driveaway with a 6.95% p.a. finance offer^ and an astonishing 5 years scheduled servicing# + 5 years warranty# + 5 years roadside assistance# for a limited time.

Choice of high performance petrol or diesel engines with up to 224kW of power.
High performance sound with 8 speakers, iPod connectivity and Bluetooth audio streaming.
City Safety standard with optional Pedestrian Avoidance Technology.

S60_offers_large.jpg

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: What makes Aussies happy.

Corica-Apple-Strudel-3.jpg

Pleasant surprise! Remember this apple strudel which is popular among Singaporeans visiting Perth long ago.

A workmate bought a few boxes over to celebrate Eid as part of the office morning tea.

It taste as good as ever.

** Crazy over this as a new migrant long ago - now re-visiting a friend again. **

Perth ranked again as a Top 10 liveable city. Yes.
Taking easy living too much for granted? Yes again.

Last edited: