• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is wrong with his business strategy?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
His cost of materials too high. Also high rental.

Also Japanese food.

Sinkies cannot appreciate the difference between authentic and non authentic Jap food.

It looks like his restaurant was not catered to high end dining experience.

He should have gone for Michelin stars then open this super authentic high end Jap restaurant which will require lots of contacts and advertising and buzz. Celebrities etc.

He seems to have gone for mass market.

Sinkies like their food a certain way in general. Oily and with chili.

Everything also they want chili. So if you are a purist and insist that this dish should not be served that way the sinkies will tell you to fuck off.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Also Japanese food.

Sinkies cannot appreciate the difference between authentic and non authentic Jap food.

He should have gone for Michelin stars then open this super authentic high end Jap restaurant which will require lots of contacts and advertising and buzz. Celebrities etc.

Everything also they want chili. So if you are a purist and insist that this dish should not be served that way the sinkies will tell you to fuck off.
his accountant gf only wanted to marry a millionaire. once millions disappeared, she disappeared too.

amransan

Alfrescian
Loyal
singapore the most expensive country to open a small business!

before u made any profit the rent already can kill u!

its better to open a business in other countries :smile:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Sigh I should have watched the 2nd video before I got into the F&B business as well.

This guy sincere. Purist. Want to do the best.

As you hear in the 2nd video people are SHIT.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes, it's better to rent a small store at a hawker centre and if your food is good and can draw in the crowds, u can still earn a decent income. Hard work though, but it's still better than renting a unit in a shopping mall to do a restaurant. The high rental and overheads can kill you.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal

Also Japanese food.

what i think is that he focus too much on quality and didn't plan well for the business. He said he has many Japanese friends and i suspect those japanese friends influence his ways of producing his food and service in his restaurant. His restaurant i believe is doing better now as the first video is posted a year ago and the 2nd video just recently.

The way he do it is very stressful. He can be successful in this business but his business plan in this manner will cause him a lot of stress and he lost his love and health because of it. There are easier ways to do this with much lesser stress.

He is very hype on his Japanese number 1 quality on his food and service. If that is the case, why not start off selling a few of the best quality items in a small shop first just like what Tori is doing and slowly build it up ( in name and recognition) to be a full fledge restaurant. Less stress this way with constant cash flow in and set it aside for a full restaurant after he has more expeience in japanese fnb.

he used to be a fashion designer and i also suspect he is using his fashion design ways of working in his restaurant business.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
what i think is that he focus too much on quality and didn't plan well for the business. He said he has many Japanese friends and i suspect those japanese friends influence his ways of producing his food and service in his restaurant. His restaurant i believe is doing better now as the first video is posted a year ago and the 2nd video just recently.

The way he do it is very stressful. He can be successful in this business but his business plan in this manner will cause him a lot of stress and he lost his love and health because of it. There are easier ways to do this with much lesser stress.

He is very hype on his Japanese number 1 quality on his food and service. If that is the case, why not start off selling a few of the best quality items in a small shop first just like what Tori is doing and slowly build it up ( in name and recognition) to be a full fledge restaurant. Less stress this way with constant cash flow in and set it aside for a full restaurant after he has more expeience in japanese fnb.

he used to be a fashion designer and i also suspect he is using his fashion design ways of working in his restaurant business.

shooo tiong shooo go back to china shooo!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You have already lost by giving interview time to the so-called 'food reviewers' in Sinkieland.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have already lost by giving interview time to the so-called 'food reviewers' in Sinkieland.
I think he is not a very good business person. He lost more than money, he also lost his health and love due to stress. If he strategised properly, he can pull this through earlier without too much stress.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dream big, die big in Sinkieland. Best must follow Papppies style of investment, alwiz use other pples money to invest. Win or lose can sleep soundly.

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sigh I should have watched the 2nd video before I got into the F&B business as well.

This guy sincere. Purist. Want to do the best.

As you hear in the 2nd video people are SHIT.
It is not about the people. IMHO, he is not an experience business person. He didn't do well in his due diligence of this business at first. i believe he will do much better if he started with a small outlet of a few quality food seeing long queues compare to what he is doing now. Even your bubble tea shop is much better than his.

i read one of the comments that his restaurant always full booked now. dunno true or not.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not about the people. IMHO, he is not an experience business person. He didn't do well in his due diligence of this business at first. i believe he will do much better if he started with a small outlet of a few quality food seeing long queues compare to what he is doing now. Even your bubble tea shop is much better than his.

i read one of the comments that his restaurant always full booked now. dunno true or not.

shooo tiong shoo go back to china shoooo no virus here shoooo!

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

Also Japanese food.

I made my first million at the age of 27

and lost almost every cent of it before reaching 30 , it was only after that I bought my first Rolex , which is still with me

than I came back 10 times bigger , only to lose heavily much later

that cycle went on and on , only richer by experiences ..,life was a roller coaster and I have no complaints

l live by the principle that ,

I rather be a has been ,
Than might have been,
For might have been
had never been
But has been
Was once an Are

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I made my first million at the age of 27

and lost almost every cent of it before reaching 30 , it was only after that I bought my first Rolex , which is still with me

than I came back 10 times bigger , only to lose heavily much later

that cycle went on and on , only richer by experiences ..,life was a roller coaster and I have no complaints

l live by the principle that ,

I rather be a has been ,
Than might have been,
For might have been
had never been
But has been
Was once an Are
Can you be my mentor?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you be my mentor?
Everything that need to be known was already written thousands of years ago , only that we never heed them

but when you experience real situations only then you realise the value of such ancient wisdom

I came from a very wealthy family but went through the tussle for power amongst the siblings and was left to fend for myself , there were times just had 1 meal for a day which taught me to be charitable ...because I was charitable I had the company of once successful but bankrupted elderlies who taught me the ropes of life

even my own partner whom I taught business and took as my partner with no finance participation ,who was my classmate , who actually gave me a hand while struggling and stood by me through tough times cheated me once we became successful ...but I never hit or back because the memories of being together pretty strong and I still have high regards

in short , life is learnt by going through it and not by mentorship ,pal