• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is the difference between Topload vs Frontload washing machines?

cloudy

Alfrescian
Loyal
My almost 10 year old samsung washing machine is dying. It's not spinning the clothes dry enough and there's water leakage.

Need some advice from experienced users here.

1. Which is a good and reasonably priced brand washing machine?

2. My current machine is topload. Thinking of changing to a frontload machine. Is there any difference in terms of energy efficiency, cleaning efficacy and electrical⁄water savings?

3. Which brand of machine machine can last for more than 10 years? Just curious.

Any sound advice will be appreciated in advance.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
My almost 10 year old samsung washing machine is dying. It's not spinning the clothes dry enough and there's water leakage.

2. My current machine is topload. Thinking of changing to a frontload machine. Is there any difference in terms of energy efficiency, cleaning efficacy and electrical⁄water savings?

3. Which brand of machine machine can last for more than 10 years? Just curious.

you setting up this thread for a flame war?? top vs frontload is a very *ahem* loaded question.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Front-loading washing machines are more expensive and consume more power. And you have more parts that will wear out like the gasket on the front opening.
Any company that can give you a 10-year warranty on their products will not survive for long in today's climate.

cloudy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Front-loading washing machines are more expensive and consume more power. And you have more parts that will wear out like the gasket on the front opening.
Any company that can give you a 10-year warranty on their products will not survive for long in today's climate.
So it's better to go for topload then...
One query resolved! Thanks!

cloudy

Alfrescian
Loyal
go buy a topload. not jap, not korean, but if you can find it american. Last time used fisher & paykel, but since the tiongs bought it, it's garbage.
Isn't it true that western brands are not energy efficient? That's what my mother said when I was living with her. She will always go for National brand or Sanyo.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't it true that western brands are not energy efficient? That's what my mother said when I was living with her. She will always go for National brand or Sanyo.
it's true. except that in my humble experience, goddamn Jap or Korean machine cycle is hour plus long. American machine 20 minutes. Clothes much, much cleaner. Heck, I even used to wash my shoes in there.

This was back in the 80s or 90s. Now everyone converging in terms of product. But I found Korean brands a bit rough on clothes. And don't listen to those idiots who say agitator rips clothes. If anything I found that agitator-less models rip clothes more.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
You think too much! I guess I have inevitably proven that men think about sex more than women! Alas, that's fine. It's just an anonymous forum.
It wasn't me!! It was blackmondy!! I really meant that it's a loaded question because washing machine people always insist front loader better. I've had lots of arguments with people about this. As for the sex part, he started it!!

But then I followed it!! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal

KNN front load one can have flight meme KNN

cloudy

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's true. except that in my humble experience, goddamn Jap or Korean machine cycle is hour plus long. American machine 20 minutes. Clothes much, much cleaner. Heck, I even used to wash my shoes in there.

This was back in the 80s or 90s. Now everyone converging in terms of product. But I found Korean brands a bit rough on clothes. And don't listen to those idiots who say agitator rips clothes. If anything I found that agitator-less models rip clothes more.
Is it? Western brands cleans better?

cloudy

Alfrescian
Loyal
It wasn't me!! It was blackmondy!! I really meant that it's a loaded question because washing machine people always insist front loader better. I've had lots of arguments with people about this. As for the sex part, he started it!!

But then I followed it!! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
It's ok. I am not a prude.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it? Western brands cleans better?
back in the day yes. When I was a student in the US, I had a whirlpool. Goddamn amazing machine. I loved that machine to bits. Look like a piece of shit commercial laundromat machine. one knob only. no lights no buttons no fancy cycles. Whatever I put in there come out amazingly clean, clothes no wear and 20 minute cycle only for the longest and dirtiest cycle!!

Came home from holidays used family's top of the line Panasonic machine with a thousand different modes, lights and options, my clothes look like washed in longkang, clothes also start tearing, smelly and have to wait 1 hour plus.

This was back in the 90's. Now all machines are some blend of the two.