• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is the cost price of your HDB flat?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Government actually makes quite a bit. Now that they are considering selling new HDB flat to singles, I guess they are trying hard to maintain the high HDB price by creating more demand since they are cutting down on the number of PRs and Citizenship after we have been making so much noise.

1) Award Date: 30 Mar 2011
Tender : HDB000ETT10000496
Tender Ref. No.: HDB000/10DPQ01
Description: Part A – Building Works At Punggol West Contract 20 (Total 1072 Dwelling Units); Part B – Contingency Works
Awarded To: TIONG SENG CONTRACTORS (PRIVATE) LIMITED
Award Price: SGD 192,225,000
Average Cost Per Unit: SGD 179,314

2) Award Date: 23 Mar 2011
Tender: HDB000ETT10000457
Tender Ref. No.: HDB000/10DP071
Description: Part A – Building Works At Bukit Panjang Neighbourhood 6 Contract 10 (Total 741 Dwelling Units); Part B – Contingency Works
Awarded To: POH LIAN CONSTRUCTION (PTE .) LTD
Award Price: SGD 102,880,000
Average Cost Per Unit: SGD 138,839

3) Award Date: 21 Mar 2011
Tender: HDB000ETT10000443
Tender Ref. No.: HDB000/10DP069
Description: Part A – Building Works At Jurong West Neighbourhood 1 Contract 30 (Total 465 Dwelling Units); Part B – Contingency Works
Awarded To: Jian Huang Construction Co Pte Ltd
Award Price: SGD 51,500,000
Average Cost Per Unit: SGD 110,752

4) Award Date: 28 Feb 2011
Tender: HDB000ETT10000418
Tender Ref. No.: HDB000/10DP065
Description: Part A – Building Works At Sengkang Neighbourhood 4 Contract 11 (Total 504 Dwelling Units); Part B – Contingency Works
Awarded To: STRAITS CONSTRUCTION SINGAPORE PRIVATE LIMITED
Award Price: SGD 72,000,000
Average Cost Per Unit: SGD 142,857

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Government actual makes double from the cost price. Now that they are considering selling new HDB flat to singles, I guess they are trying hard to maintain the high HDB price by creating more demand since they are cutting down on the number of PRs and Citizenship after we have been making so much noise.
you want to buy at cost? they will accuse you of raiding the reserves!
btw think these prices are on the high side....

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do agree with the reserves argument.
It's very east to spend beyond ones means like in many countries. Singapore is already drawing into reserves to find welfare. Our kids will be burdened with taxes for sure

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It's very east to spend beyond ones means like in many countries. Singapore is already drawing into reserves to find welfare. Our kids will be burdened with taxes for sure

Very astute observation. Keep up the good work. Your contribution to this forum as the voice of reason is much appreciated.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. yo! do you have the hard facts & figures to sarpok your statement or what?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. hahahaha!
2. whenever i come across such thing "Your contribution to this forum as the voice of reason is much appreciated".
3. i just think of something erotic as to who sucks who?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
hi there

1. hahahaha!
2. whenever i come across such thing "Your contribution to this forum as the voice of reason is much appreciated".
3. i just think of something erotic as to who sucks who?

I make no apologies for showing my support for someone who actually talks some sense here.

seesuatah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Shh! Why you go spoil the market?

Lot's of rich folks dunno lah! They buy high you tan teoh mah!

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Government actually makes quite a bit. Now that they are considering selling new HDB flat to singles, I guess they are trying hard to maintain the high HDB price by creating more demand since they are cutting down on the number of PRs and Citizenship after we have been making so much noise.

The price not included land price.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Smart move. I will do the same.
Or buy home in Malaysia and rent out HDB.

Benchmarking around a few regions, 45-50K for 100m2. Everything above that is corruption monies. Go check the international survey figures if you know what to look for or are in the industry.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The cost includes those that are not related to the building the flat itself e.g. road works, car parks, shops, and other public facilities, some of which residents still need to pay a hefty fee to use. If you ask the building contractor, he will tell you that the real cost of each apartment does not exceed $40k - $50k.

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal

But our kids already being burdened with 30 to 50 years mortgage loans, while the daddy and mummies enjoying life all over the world after cashing out on their properties gain and our government coffer increasing year after year from land sales, HDB flats sales, and high property taxes.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:biggrin:
Very astute observation. Keep up the good work. Your contribution to this forum as the voice of reason is much appreciated.
Originally Posted by Kinana

Did he meant to Fund welfare, or is Singapore are being generous all of a sudden drawing on reserve to find welfare

You love to correct other spelling, do you need prescribtion glasses......:*::*::biggrin:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The cost of property in a city is, by itself, higher than in the suburbs or countryside. If in addition to this, the Govt tries to make money out of the transaction, you can just imagine how much higher prices can be pushed. Where is the original objective of providing low cost housing?