• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious What is paranoid schizophrenia

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
What Is Paranoid Schizophrenia?

Schizophrenia is a kind of psychosis, which means your mind doesn't agree with reality. It affects how you think and behave. This can show up in different ways and at different times, even in the same person. The illness usually starts in late adolescence or young adulthood.

People with paranoid delusions are unreasonably suspicious of others. This can make it hard for them to hold a job, run errands, have friendships, and even go to the doctor.

Although it's a lifelong illness, you can take medicines and find help to stop symptoms or make them easier to live with.

Paranoid Symptoms
Delusions are fixed beliefs that seem real to you, even when there's strong evidence they aren't. Paranoid delusions, also called delusions of persecution, reflect profound fear and anxiety along with the loss of the ability to tell what's real and what's not real. They might make you feel like:

• A co-worker is trying to hurt you, like poison your food.
  • Your spouse or partner is cheating on you.
  • The government is spying on you.
  • People in your neighborhood are plotting to harass you.

These beliefs can cause trouble in your relationships. And if you think that strangers are going to hurt you, you may feel like staying inside or being alone.

People with schizophrenia aren't usually violent. But sometimes, paranoid delusions can make them feel threatened and angry. If someone is pushed over the edge, their actions usually focus on family members, not the public, and it happens at home.

You could also have related hallucinations, in which your senses aren’t working right. For example, you may hear voices that make fun of you or insult you. They might also tell you to do harmful things. Or you might see things that aren’t really there.

Medication
Your doctor may prescribe an antipsychotic drug to make the delusions go away. It could be pills, a liquid, or shots. It can take a few weeks for these drugs to work fully, but you could start to feel a little calmer quickly. You might need to try more than one to find a medication or combination that's right for you.

People with schizophrenia who get counseling are also more likely to stick with their medications.

A kind of counseling called cognitive behavioral therapy can teach you how to manage symptoms that don't go away, even when you take your medicine. You'll learn to test whether you're having delusions and how to ignore voices inside your head.

Positive, encouraging support from family and friends really helps, too.

Because some antipsychotic drugs can make you gain weight, you might also want to get help with diet and exercise.

Even when you feel better, keep taking your medicine. If you stop, your delusions will probably come back.

Avoid using marijuana, alcohol, nicotine, cocaine, or other stimulants. They can keep antipsychotic drugs from working well. They can also cause paranoia or make it worse.

You might have to take different kinds of drugs for other symptoms, too.

Counseling

Once your delusions are under control, counseling can help you get along with others, hold a job, go to school, take care of yourself, and have friends.
Hospitalization
There might be times when your paranoid delusions or other symptoms are so severe that you have to go to the hospital. You'll be cared for so you and your loved ones stay safe.

If you recognize that you're having trouble, you can be admitted voluntarily. But if you think you don't need help when you really do, the law may allow a doctor or other mental health professional to admit you involuntarily if you are unable to care for yourself or may be dangerous to yourself or someone else.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN @ginfreely, do take note of the last paragraph.KNN

If you recognize that you're having trouble, you can be admitted voluntarily. But if you think you don't need help when you really do, the law may allow a doctor or other mental health professional to admit you involuntarily if you are unable to care for yourself or may bedangerous to yourself or someoneelse.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I know of a woman colleague who was robbed in the lift during her teenage years and now in her mid 40s. She is still getting panaroid attacks when she is alone in the lift and someone steps in to take the same lift with her.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know of a woman colleague who was robbed in the lift during her teenage years and now in her mid 40s. She is still getting panaroid attacks when she is alone in the lift and someone steps in to take the same lift with her.
KNN there is another type of lift related mental disorder whereby when you step in the victim feel uneasy and keep shaking moving their body non stop include looking at you up down and you become a victim KNN usually in older folks in old hdb KNN

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Previous experiences causes all of us to behave or react in a certain way. Just like someone's bad experiences with men may cause her to be a misandrist :biggrin:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
KNN there is another type of lift related mental disorder whereby when you step in the victim feel uneasy and keep shaking moving their body non stop include looking at you up down and you become a victim KNN usually in older folks in old hdb KNN
does that include voluntary hand-shaking movements with an imaginary lanjiao in mrt stations? :(

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Aunty Gin busy with buying her private condo and enjoying a good life with her bullish share market. No time for your thread riao..Lol :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Many loser Singaporeans suffer from paranoia believing that their lack of success is all the fault of the PAP. In reality it is because they are from a poor quality gene pool.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Many loser Singaporeans suffer from paranoia believing that their lack of success is all the fault of the PAP. In reality it is because they are from a poor quality gene pool.
Did you just use a phonetically similar word gene (gin)? You are asking for war with Madam Misandrist! Lol :biggrin:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Previous experiences causes all of us to behave or react in a certain way. Just like someone's bad experiences with men may cause her to be a misandrist :biggrin:

What paranoia due to previous experience? I have no experience as slut whore mistress. You malicious Malaysians trying to turn your slandering crimes of me into my fault as paranoia due to previous experience. Pui your Malaysian mother wife daughters phua cb!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
What paranoia due to previous experience? I have no experience as slut whore mistress. You malicious Malaysians trying to turn your slandering crimes of me into my fault as paranoia due to previous experience. Pui your Malaysian mother wife daughters phua cb!
I rarely agree with Boss Leong. But I guess this time he's probably right to call you poor GIN pool stock specie. Lol :biggrin: