• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is happiness?

cloudy

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Happiness is hard to notice and even if you do, it takes a lot of effort and care to make it yours. We all strive to be happy. Happiness is hard to get hold of and does not stay with you for a long time. Even if you work hard for a long time, you might fail to be happy. But, no one can predict our future. If we keep moving forward endlessly if we keep trying if we keep our lives. I believe that day will come".

"That's what happiness is like. It's a difficult thing. But even when you do open your eyes in the morning to begin your day. And quietly live your life today, you may be achieving that difficult thing. And making someone happy at this moment. To some, you are maybe someone to be thankful for, you may not realize it. But just by living like this, you should know you have lived a life"

- The Weather is Fine

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Rightly said happiness is a state of mind. Basically thoughts.

It is much easier when you are in a peaceful place where you can think what you want. No outside interference.

It is much harder when you constantly have to talk to people who will be part of your thoughts throughout the day with their own views which you need to process and address.

Why do people do that to themselves? The strive for better.

So to become better you really have to force yourself to be unhappy. Unsatisfied. Yearn for better for more.

Some definitions of happiness make it seem almost to be content to let go to be still.

I think happiness can also come from overcoming the impossible. Beating the foe. Winning the glory. Achieving the heights. But usually through such journeys there will be anguish and sadness and despair as well.

It is all part of life.

Happiness is just one of many in the journey of life.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
happiness is a tropical thunderstorm downpour in the middle of a hot and dry summer in californicate.
7FAC2171-87C0-472D-85E3-6D0DB23E48D5.jpeg

over 696 lightning strikes in the bay area and tropical downpour - sextremely rare event in this area for the last, yes no joke, 696 years.
1597591551177.png

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
who believe in this cliche crap?

"i wld rather be poor and happy, than to be rich and miserable"

but limpeh prefer to be rich and unhappy leh, song boh
I agree. Especially when you have family

Cos one lousy fucker father unhappy but rich means the children and wife probably happy.

1 unhappy for 3 happy why not right ?

knnccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. Especially when you have family

Cos one lousy fucker father unhappy but rich means the children and wife probably happy.

1 unhappy for 3 happy why not right ?

those jealous poor fuckers are the ones who keep saying that money cant buy happiness bcos they are sour grapes and cant stand to see the rich enjoying their lives

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
...... and living long enough to spend every dollar.
Actually no leh.

No need live so long. And I dont want to spend every dollar.

Will put money in a family trust. Pay out to family only the interest or dividends. 80% payout. 20% reinvested to grow the principal.

But winning 50M means I have more time to live life and not spend time on loser unhappy people as part of work.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
those jealous poor fuckers are the ones who keep saying that money cant buy happiness bcos they are sour grapes and cant stand to see the rich enjoying their lives
It is the same with religion.

Tell you dont chase material.

Appeals to the lazy and losers.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Happiness is to see PAP retain its supermajority in Parliament. With PAP running Singapore, sinkies can sleep peacefully at night knowing that their streets are safe, their jobs secure and the prices of their homes will always remain high.