• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is happening at Brunsfield Iskandar Waterfront ( BIW ) @ Danga Bay?

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quote:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The Star online
IIB defers Iskandar land sales (Published: Tuesday July 9, 2013)

Iskandar Investment Bhd (IIB) will put off further land sales in Iskandar Malaysia for the time being, said president and chief executive officer (CEO) Datuk Syed Mohamed Ibrahim.

“At the moment, we are not selling. Iskandar is still relatively small and fragile. We want our investors to make money. This is part of our strategy, which we call ‘controlled release’,” he told the press at a briefing.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

But just look at Danga bay itself, how many acres of lands have been sold to developers (especially to China)?!

R&F will be launching their Princess Cove very soon at a very attractive price (heard from their salesman, after all rebates will not be more than Rm900). Those investors who had invested last year, such as near the JH city areas, the psf has more than 1k. And now they are facing challenge from the China developers' projects......

I think this statement (from last yr) refer to Medini, not iskandar as a whole.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Somehow I get the feeling that Medini is being promoted more by the federal govt and that the Johor town center seems to be determined more by the Sultan.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
The overseas developers seem to be directing most of their efforts through the Sultan.
Kinda interesting to see how the dynamics will work itself out.

Iskandar007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since BIW project has cancelled, now Danga bay only left with:

1. Bora residences, but no sea view or should be blocked by the next "BIW" project.
2. Country Garden, most sea view units have been taken but is a mass market.
2. Acquaint Danga Residence, the 2 towers at the back have pocket sea view; front 2 towers have unblock sea view, but is a very small project.
3. Skyfront-IWH, not launch yet, should be also a small project. skyfront_c827261_13911_766.jpg

From what I saw from the internet images, I think none of the above projects can compare to BIW.
BIW.jpg

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal
Somehow I get the feeling that Medini is being promoted more by the federal govt and that the Johor town center seems to be determined more by the Sultan.

Many donkey years ago, I heard from my friend's father(which he heard stories from coffee shops/mamak stalls) that the federal govt(with Mahathir backing) wanted to redevelop JB to ride on Spore success. However, they faced many problems. Many plots of lands/properties scattered all over JB, which were owned by Malays, they refused to redevelop. Sultan sided with the ppl. This issues goes on for many years. Eventually the federal govt give up when one Malaysian chinese property tycoon (not Robert Kuok or any of the well-know figure), which I can't remember his name.. proposed to build an impressive waterfront living stretching from 2nd link to 1st link. Federal govt bought into this idea and eventually started to build nusajaya from scratch. You don't kacau me in JB, I won't kacau you in nusajaya. So this is the coffee shop stories. True or false.

The federal govt took the pain to build the infrastructure and promote Iskandar for many years. In my opinion, I must say that they are very determined to make it a success in Nusajaya. If you noticed, almost all resources are concentrated here(Medini and Puteri Harbour), not in Danga bay or senibong cove. Already the southern federal govt and parts of the local Johor ministries are in Kota Iskandar, Puteri Harbour. Part of Khazanah staff will be moving to the office blocks which is next to Legoland. This is a huge clue where investor should put their money. There is a higher chance for investors to get corporate tenants from these areas.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many donkey years ago, I heard from my friend's father(which he heard stories from coffee shops/mamak stalls) that the federal govt(with Mahathir backing) wanted to redevelop JB to ride on Spore success. However, they faced many problems. Many plots of lands/properties scattered all over JB, which were owned by Malays, they refused to redevelop. Sultan sided with the ppl. This issues goes on for many years. Eventually the federal govt give up when one Malaysian chinese property tycoon (not Robert Kuok or any of the well-know figure), which I can't remember his name.. proposed to build an impressive waterfront living stretching from 2nd link to 1st link. Federal govt bought into this idea and eventually started to build nusajaya from scratch. You don't kacau me in JB, I won't kacau you in nusajaya. So this is the coffee shop stories. True or false.

The federal govt took the pain to build the infrastructure and promote Iskandar for many years. In my opinion, I must say that they are very determined to make it a success in Nusajaya. If you noticed, almost all resources are concentrated here(Medini and Puteri Harbour), not in Danga bay or senibong cove. Already the southern federal govt and parts of the local Johor ministries are in Kota Iskandar, Puteri Harbour. Part of Khazanah staff will be moving to the office blocks which is next to Legoland. This is a huge clue where investor should put their money. There is a higher chance for investors to get corporate tenants from these areas.

It depends on election outcome in 2 years' time. Other parts of Johor are also injected with investments e.g. EDL, RAPID, Pasir Gudang power station.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
It depends on election outcome in 2 years' time. Other parts of Johor are also injected with investments e.g. EDL, RAPID, Pasir Gudang power station.

Imho, once RTS is up and running, we will see where the better zones are..... Chinese developers operating in tricky mainland China & with their billions cant be that stupid.....

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Imho, once RTS is up and running, we will see where the better zones are..... Chinese developers operating in tricky mainland China & with their billions cant be that stupid.....

With all these cash injections by Chinese developers, JB economy should fly in next 1-2 years. All contractors will huat like crazy.

Iskandar007

Alfrescian
Loyal

The story tellers in the coffee shop are quite sharp, able to see big picture.
Capital Land should invest money in NUSAJAYA.

BlackTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
With all these cash injections by Chinese developers, JB economy should fly in next 1-2 years. All contractors will huat like crazy.

++++++++++++

The contractors maybe the only one that huat .... with so many projects coming up at around the same times , the market cannot support the all these condo units.....there bound to be short term over supply...