• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What is Bit Torrents and how does it works?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
technically speaking, when microsoft released an update, they will go thru different workflow approvals for release. does piratebay has such workflow? :rolleyes::p

I suggest you find out what Pirate Bay actually does before you make such comparisons.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are ways to cover your tracks. Most good BT clients already can mask your identity.

If you're scared shitless about those silly film companies, you can always watch full movies online. All you need is a decent Internet connection. There's no need to use up gigs of hard drive space for movies.

The number of people torrenting has been falling. I think something like 60% from it's heyday. Nowadays it is more convenient to just use the various online sites like Netflix, iTunes store,.... I've got a subscription to HBO but many of the new movies are not really that good. I prefer the older movies & serials & was watching Hulu until they totally banned anonymous connections.

It's easy enough to bypass their restrictions by using a VPN service. Maybe I will do that when I update to fibre.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you isolate them and reverse engineer the DNA structure, you should be able to come up with an effective treatment.

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA

What boss say is indeed one of the foreseeable approach for future gene therapy.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
A good rule of thumb is that a music file is not smaller than 1MB, a movie/TV show not smaller than 10-100MB. A whole movie usually runs into the hundreds of MB. So anything smaller should raise alarm bells. Example 3MB file for the movie Avatar is likely a virus. That was how I used Kazaa 10 years ago to download. Kazaa was like a sea of viruses.

Now, if I'm not wrong, Bittorrent will even check the download for virus for you.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I use to have a 2 PCs & would use 1 of them for dangerous activies like torrenting. The other PC was my "safe" activities like trading, banking,....

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Careful about down loading movies because it can be traced. The film companies have been known to go after individuals who download the movies.

I sometimes download books & magazines which nobody cares about. :smile:

There nothing company can do. Sue billion people around the earth??? If movie company want to protect film copyright.
They should never sell any copy to TV station/DVD/Blueray................
Only broadcast them from cinema with machine that dont have any out put or recording in cinema.