• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What I have against City Harvest Church

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - What I have against City Harvest Church </TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead vAlign=top><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>kojakbt_89 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>Jun-28 7:43 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 36) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>35337.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" class=alt2><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>5392700
user_offline.gif

Alfrescian
</TD><TD width="100%"> </TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap>Join Date: Jun 2010

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR><TD id=td_post_497087 class=alt1><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif
Re: What I have against City Harvest Church
<HR SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I went to CHC only once and got pissed off right away when I saw his wife jumping and catwalking with her boots and leather short skirt like a singing star while leading worship. My instant feeling was that she wasn't leading worship, but was merely using the church's platform to practise and show off her singing skill.

When the time was ripe Con Hee made use of the church to buy her CDs to help her spiral to her fake stardom. If she is really good, she should be able also to succeed without the church network, but go on her own to build up her singing career.

What she and her husband did are so obvious that they are abusing their authority for their own gains, yet many of their members were so mesmerised by Con Hee's hypnotic preaching style, and her wife's singing star status that they are totally blinded.

It is common to see that most lay Christians are easily taken in and mesmerised by pop stars. They will rush to rub shoulders with the stars and get their autographs, as if our Lord Jesus is second to these stars.

They also often organize gigs and concerts with pop stars to lure people to become Christians. Again, as if Jesus' name alone could not win souls.

It is easy to see if Con Hee and his wife are true servants of God or not. If what they did were not biblical, they certainly are NOT! Marketing his wife's CD in church is clearly unbiblical. Remember Jesus reprimanded and threw out those who were trading in the synagogue?

Also, we know that how much we give to the church in terms of tithes and love offerings are between us and God. But I heard CHC would have their cell leaders question and 'shame' members who gave less than the others during their cell meetings. The cell leader would ask a member, for example, "Why you gave only 10% while some other members could give 20% to 30% tithes?"

If you hear Con Hee's sermon to ask for offerings, he would say that "You just give even if it means like cutting off your flesh (or words to the same effect)." In other words, even if you're dead poor you must squeeze your blood to give, in order to be blessed with many folds more. He is teaching us how to trade with God with our last small fish to get a bigger one. On the contrary his horse-face wife could afford to spend $28K on rental of a house! To live up to Con Hee's preaching, she should give the $28K monthly to help the poor and needy, and live in a much cheaper place to feel like it's cutting her flesh too. However, Con Hee still got the cheek to defend her life-style. What a joke!

Con Hee is clearly a man with extremely egoistic character. He wants to talk to you like he is God, and he is certainly good and successful in using his psychology and NLP skills in psychoing members to obey him like he is God.

Those who sold their homes to give to CHC will live to regret one day.

Many leaders in other mega churches (you know who they are) are also using similar tricks to gain control of members' brain. The moment they know that you're a God-fearing person, they will know how to psycho you into submitting to them in everything they command you to do.

=> aka FAPee Sell Country Thieves' 'serial no. on voting slip' syndrome?

What I fear is that many retired new converts (old folks) who just got their CPF, would easily be scammed. New converts are usually most vulnerable, thinking that all Christians are saints, what more if they are spiritual leaders of mega churches. Thus, they will believe wholesale whatever these con leaders want them to do, and to give. If the governmental authority doesn't step in to check and put in place a proper control system, many old folks will be scammed, leading to lots of social problems.

=> Ass Loon: Mai kar cheow me por Najib's lum par!

Mr. Roland Poon Swee Kay's (the man who blew the whislte) sudden public apology to CHC at this stage while investigation is in progress, appears fishy. Looks more like a wayang as if to pre-empt the public to believe that Con Hee and his gang are innocent, thus be psychologically prepared to hear the end verdict from the investigators that they are indeed innocent.

I hope that the investigators are really impartial, and not be swayed by any top guns' influence to clear these crooks without going through proper investigation process, but continue their investigations rigorously by leaving no stones unturned.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

chaopiao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like father like son - will the son inherit the father's failings as well as property? LOL!!

Oops, i think no more properties left in singa and in US.........