• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What has happened to national swimmer Tao Li?

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
SAVE_20201129_184050.jpeg

kaninabuchaojibye

Alfrescian
Loyal
taoli 50m free record broken a month ago by quah ting wen

Second national record in 6 days for swimmer Quah Ting Wen at ISL, Latest Swimming News

www.tnp.sg

Swimmer Quah Ting Wen broke her second national record in less than a week, lowering the women's 50m butterfly short-course mark to 25.35 seconds last Saturday.

Racing for DC Trident, she set the time in Match 5 of the International Swimming League (ISL) in Budapest, Hungary, finishing second behind Beryl Gastaldello - who represents the LA Current team. The Frenchwoman clocked 24.95sec.

Quah, who is the first Singaporean to take part in the ISL, beat Tao Li's time of 25.43sec, which was set at the Fina Swimming World Cup in Aug 2013.

The 28-year-old posted on Instagram: "Taking a moment amidst the swimming frenzy to reflect and be thankful for everything the last 3 weeks have given me.

"Team @dctridentisl has started to feel like a second family, a second home. I haven't felt this comfortable as a swimmer in a long time and I want to cherish this feeling and hold on to it for as long as I can.

"National records in the 50m freestyle and 50m butterfly... to end a tiring but super fun week of racing. Four days of rest and training before we race again as a fam."

Extensive body grappling allowed to resume in combat sports

Sports Resilience Package to offer up to $15k in operating grants

Caster Semenya seeks to overturn hormone-drug rule again

The ISL, which began on Oct 16, is Quah's first competition in nine months. The meet, which is in its second year, features 10 teams and a host of world-class talent, including Caeleb Dressel and Katinka Hosszu.

Last Monday, Quah - who is aiming to qualify for the Tokyo Olympics - lowered the 50m freestyle short-course national record at the Duna Arena.

Her time of 24.26 in Match 4 of the ISL saw her finish joint-fourth with Cali Condors' Olivia Smoliga, behind NY Breakers' Kasia Wasick (23.43) and Iron's pair Ranomi Kromowidjojo (23.82) and Melanie Henique (23.88).

The previous national record of 25.09sec was set by Amanda Lim in 2014.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Quah, who is the first Singaporean to take part in the ISL, beat Tao Li's time of 25.43sec, which was set at the Fina Swimming World Cup in Aug 2013.

The 28-year-old posted ...

28 year old is considered past prime for competitive swimmers. Either the sinkie standard is quite low or she is damn good