• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What does this sort of news say about India?

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
750x.jpg

770x.jpg

People walk through a shanty encampment for labourers and their families outside of the main stadium for the approaching 19th Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium on September 22, 2010 in New Delhi, India.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
670x.jpg

Clothes are left to dry by casual workers outside Commonwealth Games Village, in New Delhi, India, Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2010.

710x.jpg

Arun Sahni, second right, a young boy engaged in preparing roads near the Commonwealth Games Village, talks to their group chief Nand Kishore, third right, for outstanding wages, outside the walls of Commonwealth Games Village, in New Delhi, India, Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2010. The head of the Commonwealth Games rushed to New Delhi on Wednesday for emergency talks with top Indian officials amid widespread anger over the country's frenzied last-minute preparations for the event, due to start in little more than a week.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
710x.jpg

The Commonwealth Games Village is seen with flood water reaching its outer walls in New Delhi, India, Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2010. Top Indian officials dismissed international anger over the pedestrian bridge collapse and the revelation that sports officials arrived to find filth in the athlete's village, news reports said Tuesday. The statements come as some athletes announced they would not attend the Commonwealth Games, and international sports officials warned their countries may be forced to withdraw amid a frenzy of last-minute preparations.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
730x.jpg

Volunteers stand in a line to as they wait to be check at a security checkpoint before entering the complex of Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi September 22, 2010.​

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mass Walkout Threat To Games

AUSTRALIA and England overnight gave the organisers of the Delhi Commonwealth Games an ultimatum to ensure that all competition venues and the athletes village were brought up to standard before competitors would fly in.

The implicit threat to pull out of the competition was issued after team chiefs met in the Indian capital to discuss what one called the “glacial progress” in finishing off venues.

Team officials arrived at the athletes' village to find excrement in bedrooms and faulty wiring and plumbing. Part of the ceiling of the newly-built Delhi Commonwealth Games weightlifting venue collapsed yesterday, raising fresh concerns over safety.

After seven years of preparation, the Games are due to open on October 3.

A string of high-profile athletes already pulled out of the event, including England’s world champion triple jumper Phillips Idowu, who announced on Tuesday that he was pulling out because of security fears.

Yesterday, the Welsh team suggested it might follow suit, publicly questioning whether athletes’ safety could be ensured - and asking organisers for assurances by 5pm London time.

Team Wales later updated that statement to include other teams with advance parties in the Indian capital, including England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.

"A number of countries, together with Wales, have given the Organising Committee a deadline of this (Wednesday) evening to confirm if all venues and the Games Village are fit for purpose.”

A spokeswoman for the England team confirmed that team chiefs including Craig Hunter, the England chef de mission, met in Delhi and sent a letter to the organising committee and the Commonwealth Games Federation.

She could not confirm the content of the letter, although Sir Andrew Foster, chairman of Commonwealth Games England, said earlier that the whole event was "hanging on a knife-edge".

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
New Delhi Chief Minister said that their problem is becos of the different standard set by different people, their standard of cleaniness is different!

Ah Nehs can sleep in cow dug... Naturely their acceptance of clean n smell is low...

Its time to make those Ah Neh FTs eat humble pie... While I laugh at their mother land.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Volunteers stand in a line to as they wait to be check at a security checkpoint before entering the complex of Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi September 22, 2010.[/CENTER]

Are these really volunteers or people being forced to volunteer:confused:

It happened in Spore with forced volunteers & with so many things going wrong in India, I wouldn't be surprised if the same was happening :rolleyes:

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
740x.jpg

Indian labourers stand outside of the weightlifting venue for the approaching 19th Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium on September 22, 2010 in New Delhi, India. Pieces of a false roof inside of the weightlifting complex collapsed today following yesterday's collapse of a footbridge under construction that injured 27 workers at the main stadium for the upcoming Commonwealth Games.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
810x.jpg

A security person stands guard in a guard tower at the edge of Commonwealth Games Village, in New Delhi, India, Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2010. The head of the Commonwealth Games rushed to New Delhi on Wednesday for emergency talks with top Indian officials amid widespread anger over the country's frenzied last-minute preparations for the event, due to start in little more than a week.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
750x.jpg

An Indian woman carries cement on her head as she and other labourers work to concrete a staircase on a pedestrian bridge outside of the main stadium for the approaching 19th Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium on September 22, 2010 in New Delhi, India.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
780x.jpg

Locals look at the expanse of flood water that encircles the Commonwealth Games Village, background, in New Delhi, India, Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2010​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It happened in Spore with forced volunteers & with so many things going wrong in India, I wouldn't be surprised if the same was happening :rolleyes:

2010-commonwealth-games-logo.JPG

workfor2010games.JPG

(Rupees 1000/- <= S$30 )

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal

The last time ex-Brit premier showed the 2 fingers with the back of his hand instead of the palm of his hand to the crowd and camera at Australia, the fucked him royally.

Showing the V sign with the back of your hand is the same as showing the middle finger. Indians are so well educated.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

pls india is a democracy yeah they are corrupted have caste system etc but they are a democracy.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The last time ex-Brit premier showed the 2 fingers with the back of his hand instead of the palm of his hand to the crowd and camera at Australia, the fucked him royally.

Showing the V sign with the back of your hand is the same as showing the middle finger. Indians are so well educated.

which country sees the v sign with the back of the hand facing as the middle finger?

Aussies?

Many ppl do peace sign and i am sure some do it with the back of the hand.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
x510.jpg
x510.jpg

Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, poses by the New Delhi Commonwealth Games 2010 mascot 'Sera the Tiger' as Indian Olympic Association (IOA) President Suresh Kalmadi (L) looks on.

820x.jpg

People pass the New Delhi Commonwealth Games 2010 mascot 'Sera the Tiger' in New Delhi

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
810x.jpg

An Indian security force officer stands guard next to a poster showing Shera, the mascot for the Commonwealth Games on a street in New Delhi, India.​

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pls india is a democracy yeah they are corrupted have caste system etc but they are a democracy.

I can name a lot of countries which are democracies, had hosted the Commonwealth games and not disgrace themselves in the process. Here's the list:
Canada
UK
Australia
Jamaica
Malaysia

Oh wait I just realize that's every single country that had ever hosted the Commonwealth games before India 2010!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
840x.jpg

Indian labourers work to concrete a staircase on a pedestrian bridge outside of the main stadium for the approaching 19th Commonwealth Games 2010 Delhi at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium on September 22, 2010 in New Delhi, India.​

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can name a lot of countries which are democracies, had hosted the Commonwealth games and not disgrace themselves in the process. Here's the list:
Canada
UK
Australia
Jamaica
Malaysia

Oh wait I just realize that's every single country that had ever hosted the Commonwealth games before India 2010!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm just being sarcastic. These kelings always like to say their govt is a democracy and hence better than countries like china's govt system for eg.

Yet in reality even though on paper it's a democracy but there's so much corruption and other nonsense it's totally useless even if they are a democracy.