• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What does this sort of news say about India?

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lauren_mitchell-420x0.jpg

Lauren Mitchell of Australia won her third gold medal at the Delhi Games on the uneven bars. Photo: AFP

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ah neh paper blowing truppet

Delhi Games will be rated among the best

NEW DELHI: The Commonwealth Games in Delhi will be rated among the best sporting events in the world and India has already silenced critics with a spectacular opening ceremony, top representatives of participating countries have said.

"We were really concerned about the preparation, especially because of media reports. But the opening ceremony was spectacular. I think it was among the best," Uganda's Minister of State for Sports Charles Bakkabulindi told IANS.

"Since India is a developing country, some people were sceptical - they questioned its ability to host the Games. But I am sure its success will showcase India's emergence as a leading player in world affairs -- in economy, politics and sports," he said.

"India is already leading developing nations on many issues of global importance. It has shown developing countries can do the things and they can do them better," said Bakkabulindi, who is leading a 34-member Ugandan team to the Delhi Commonwealth Games.

Cliff Fuller, New Zealand's trade commissioner to India, agreed, adding on many aspects he found the opening ceremony and the overall conduct of the Games better than similar events earlier.

"The opening ceremony gives the impression that It will be the best ever Commonwealth Games," Fuller said. "New Zealand, I can say, is quite satisfied with the security and overall arrangements for the Games."

Michael Carter, the Australian trade commissioner and counsellor-commercial at the high commission here, said the Games will also go on to strengthen trade, economic and political ties between India and Australia.

"In the end, India has proved it can do things and it can do well. The opening ceremony was outstanding. We expect very successful Games," said Carter, in sharp contrast to the carping done by officials from Australia and New Zealand earlier.

He said the Games would give a major fillip to India-Australia bilateral trade, that is now pegged at over $20 billion. "Over 400,000 Indians live in Australia. The game will further strengthen people-to-people contacts - an important thread in our relations."

Zambian Acting High Commissioner to India Allan D. Kalebuka said his country was pushing India to do more, mainly because he wanted New Delhi to show the world that developing countries, too, had the potential to do as well as what the rich nations boast of.

"India has done us proud. Everything has been done so well," Kalebuka told IANS.

The 19th edition of the Games is seeing the highest participation, with more than 7,000 athletes and officials from all the 71 member countries and territories of the Commonwealth federation.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
690x.jpg

Jonathan Chan Thuang Tong competes in the Artistic Gymnastics Men's Pommel Horse Final at Indira Gandhi stadium during the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi on October 7, 2010.

610x.jpg

Jonathan Chan poses during the medal ceremony after winning bronze in the Artistic Gymnastics Men's Pommel Horse Final.

x710.jpg

Prashanth Sellathurai of Australia (C), Max Whitelock of England (L) and Jonathan Chan of Singapore (R) pose during the medal ceremony after winning the gold, silver and bronze respectively in the Artistic Gymnastics Men Pommel Horse Final at Indira Gandhi stadium in New Delhi on October 7, 2010.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: thousands of flushed condoms threaten to choke the drainage system

Back in the village, thousands of flushed condoms threaten to choke the drainage system, according to local media reports.

I wonder WHAT these people have been fucking with! :biggrin:

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: want ah neh to say sorry, they will snake out some ridiculously reason to avoid t

Ugandan Sports Minister Charles Bakkabulindi said he was furious that he had not received an apology from India.

"If they had seen their mistake quickly and shown sympathy that they have done a mistake, we wouldn't have been annoyed. We would have said, 'OK that's an accident,'" he told India's Times Now television. "But our concern is why is it that they are not coming out to say sorry to us, to make an apology. Should we take it that they are discriminating (against) some of the African countries to that extent?"

Hahahahahaha GOOD!

"Racists" against "Racist". The Africans are among the fastest to say "You are racist", and so are the knn nehs. Now let the 2 fight it out saying the other is a "racist". I hope this makes it to World Court or something big.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
640x.jpg

Sally Pearson of Australia (2nd R) crosses the line to win gold ahead of (L-R) Bertille Atangana of Cameroon, Katherine Endicott of England and Natasha Mayers of St Vincent and the Grenadines who falls during day four of the Delhi 2010 Commonwealth Games at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium on October 7, 2010 in Delhi, India.

650x.jpg

660x.jpg

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
x530.jpg
x530.jpg

x610.jpg

Sally Pearson of Australia celebrates winning gold in the women's 100 metres final during day four of the Delhi 2010 Commonwealth Games at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium on October 7, 2010 in Delhi, India.
She had become the first Australian woman since Raelene Boyle in 1974 to win gold in the 100 metres sprint.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
610x.jpg

620x.jpg

640x.jpg

Sally Pearson of Australia celebrates winning gold in the women's 100 metres final during day four of the Delhi 2010 Commonwealth Games at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium on October 7, 2010 in Delhi, India.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
610x.jpg

Maurie Plant (L) and Sharon Hannon, the coach of Sally Pearson of Australia, chat in the stands during day four of the Delhi 2010 Commonwealth Games at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium on October 7, 2010 in Delhi, India.

660x.jpg

Pearson streaked to victory after being allowed to take part in the race re-start. She drape herself in the Australian flag and do a lap of honour. Sally Pearson has the victory taken away from her following a four-hour deliberation.

740x.jpg

Nigeria's Osayemi Oludamola celebrates after the women's 100 metres final during the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi October 7, 2010. Oludamola was announced the winner after first-placed Sally Pearson of Australia was disqualified.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pearson 'shouldn't have been allowed to run'
October 8, 2010

Former champion Jane Flemming has savaged Commonwealth Games officials over Sally Pearson's heart-breaking disqualification in New Delhi.
The most dramatic and even perhaps most farcical event of the competition occurred overnight when 24-year-old Pearson thought she had become the first Australian woman since Raelene Boyle in 1974 to win gold in the 100 metres sprint.
Pearson, nee McLellan, was denied the gold medal after an appeal by England, with a subsequent four-hour deliberation by the judges determining she had false-started in an earlier attempt to begin the race.
Pearson believed she had false-started, burying her head in her hands, but then received a reprieve when the judges instead turned their focus on England's Laura Turner.
Turner remonstrated with the officials and both she and Pearson were allowed to take part in the re-start, with Pearson subsequently streaking to victory before draping herself in the Australian flag and completing a lap of honour.
She gave a television interview and even began preparing for the medal ceremony before being informed of a potential problem.
Flemming, who won gold medals in the heptathlon and long jump for Australia in the Auckland 1990 Games, told Fairfax Radio that Games officials made the right call, but handled the process disgracefully.

"I think the disqualification was fair but the process was unfair," Flemming said.

"Sally did break. Under the rules of the sport she did, as did the other English girl, and they should not have actually been allowed to run. That was the biggest issue.

"And they (the officials) certainly should have had it in hand before she did the victory lap.

"That was a disgrace that that was allowed to happen.

"The whole process was ordinary, but that does seem to be what we've come to expect over here."

A weeping Pearson said she was "devastated" after the verdict was handed down.

"I guess I am just numb right now. I don't really know how to feel - obviously devastated and very disappointed," she said.

Her manager Robert Joske said Pearson would now be even more determined to win the 100 metres hurdles, which she enters as favourite.

"She's obviously a little bit upset but she said she's getting over it reasonably rapidly, going to bed to have a really good sleep and channel all the emotions into preparing herself for the hurdles," he said.

"There's no two ways about it, Sally Pearson has a tensile strength that we haven't even begun to see yet."

'Kept in the dark'

Australia lodged a counter-appeal against the disqualification but it was unsuccessful.

Pearson said she had been kept in the dark during the initial appeal.

"I didn't know anything was going on. I was told that I was in the clear. I was walking out to do my medal ceremony and they called us back and said that there was still a protest going on," she said.

"No-one could tell me what it was about, who it was against, and that is probably the most disappointing thing because I still thought I was alright.

"I was getting told all these different stories and I was never once told the truth.

"Never once told what was going on, and I don't think that is fair.

"I mean, as a competitor and an athlete... this is our career, this is our job.

"This is what we train for and to run the race, do this victory lap, everything OK, and then be told 'oh no, you can't have your medal now'.

"It is horrible but I have to deal with it because that is just the way sport is."

Nigerian Osayemi Oludamola will be awarded the gold medal, with Natasha Mayers of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines to take silver and England's Katherine Endacott bronze.
510x.jpg

Sally Pearson (C) of Australia and high performance coach Eric Hollingsworth leave the stadium after she competed in the women's 100 metres final during day four of the Delhi 2010 Commonwealth Games at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium on October 7, 2010 in Delhi, India​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
680x.jpg

An Indian worker does routine cleaning of the diving pool following swimming and synchro competition at the Commonwealth Games venue at Dr. S.P. Mukherjee Aquatics Center in New Delhi, India, Thursday, Oct. 7, 2010. More than a dozen swimmers from Australia and England have been struck down with a stomach virus at the Commonwealth Games in the latest setback for trouble-plagued organizers in New Delhi.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
770x.jpg

Anthony Claston Bernard of Jamaica is carried off the track on a stretcher after competing in the 400 metre men's decathlon event at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium during the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi October 7, 2010.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

640x.jpg

You know.. I whacked her very hard..

660x.jpg

Emily Hurtz of Australia lies on the field during the women's pool A match between Australia and South Africa at Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium during day five of the Delhi 2010 Commonwealth Games on October 8, 2010 in Delhi, India.

x610.jpg

Emily Hurtz of Australia is assisted from the field after injuring her shoulder during the women's pool A match between Australia and South Africa at Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium during day five of the Delhi 2010 Commonwealth Games on October 8, 2010 in Delhi, India.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
660x.jpg

South Africa's player fights for the ball with Australia's players during their field hockey match at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium during the XIX Commonwealth Games in New Delhi on October 8, 2010.

x670.jpg

South Africa's Lesley Ann George (L) fights for the ball with Australia's Shelly Liddelow (R) during their field hockey match at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium for the XIX Commonwealth Games in New Delhi on October 8, 2010. The match ended in a 1-1 draw.​

The game so far...

Date and Time(IST) Teams to be played
4th October 2010, 13:00 South Africa *12 – 0 Trinidad and Tobago
4th October 2010, 18:00 India ******* 1 – 1 Scotland
5th October 2010, 13:00 Australia ****11 – 0 Trinidad and Tobago
5th October 2010, 21:00 South Africa * 2 – 1 Scotland
6th October 2010, 13:30 Australia **** 2- 1 India
7th October 2010, 11:00 Scotland **** 6 – 1Trinidad and Tobago

8th October 2010, 08:30 Australia - South Africa
8th October 2010, 10:30 India - Trinidad and Tobago
9th October 2010, 13:30 Australia - Scotland
9th October 2010, 21:00 South Africa - India

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shrek spotted at the Delhi 2010 Commonwealth Games on October 7, 2010 in Delhi, India !

650x.jpg

Natalie Du Toit of South Africa and Ellie Cole of Australia embrace after finishing the Women's 100m Freestyle S9 Final at the Dr. S.P. Mukherjee Aquatics Complex during day four of the Delhi 2010 Commonwealth Games on October 7, 2010 in Delhi, India.

shrek-goes-fourth.jpg

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
670x.jpg

A board in the media work room shows a notice concerning Thursday's Women's 100m final at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium during the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi, India, Friday, Oct. 8, 2010. Australian sprinter Sally Pearson crossed first in the 100 in 11.28 seconds Thursday night at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, but she was disqualified hours later because of a false start. That was after she'd done a victory lap with the Australian flag flying behind her and almost made it to the medal podium because unofficial results were released, but later corrected and reclassified in yet another embarrassing glitch at the games.​

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
670x.jpg

690x.jpg

Tom Reynolds of Northern Ireland (R) and Brent Newdick of New Zealand shelter from the sun as they compete in the Discus during the Men's Decathlon during day five of the Delhi 2010 Commonwealth Games at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium on October 8, 2010 in Delhi, India.​

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: want ah neh to say sorry, they will snake out some ridiculously reason to avoid t

Hahahahahaha GOOD!

"Racists" against "Racist". The Africans are among the fastest to say "You are racist", and so are the knn nehs. Now let the 2 fight it out saying the other is a "racist". I hope this makes it to World Court or something big.

To be fair africans suffered worse under racism. These keling shit skins complain of racism if auntie doesn't even smile at them. Can be seen in singapore.