• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

what does "Similan" mean in Thai?

scoobydoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
5732.jpeg

anyone can translate from the picture?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I will pick สิมิลัน as the name for my band.

Great idea I must say, with a name like this you are already 2 steps ahead of competition, catchy and memorable. Best of luck. Do let me know where you're playing.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyone can translate from the picture?

many places in Thailand have names with no meaning or originated from other languages ...

like Phuket, some believe its origin is from Malay Bukit because from afar it looks like mountain

WhatsApp

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Thai ex-girlfriend from Chantaburi use to end every telephone conversation with kan ne neh, she said that's the way to hang up a phone call politely. I cannot make myself to say this.