• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What does choLesteroL LeveL 338 means ?..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just received my medicaL report today, aLL ok; except for this 338 number..to which my physician
suggested to put me on fenofibrates..shouLd i ?..:confused:
As i come from a famiLy with history of high choLesteroL readings, shouLd i be wary too much then..
:cool:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
thats not good at all bro....better see a doctor quick. Its a possible drop dead case.

Just received my medicaL report today, aLL ok; except for this 338 number..to which my physician
As i come from a famiLy with history of high choLesteroL readings, shouLd i be wary too much then..

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

levels if drop below 200, then you're a walking heart attack waiting to happen............................

cholesterol is needed to repair body tissues, especially to keep arteries supple.....................don't fall for the statin drug scam that will rob you of your money and life !

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

More than 300 that night mare.
Please bring down to below 250. Take more Omega 3.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
suggested to put me on fenofibrates..shouLd i ?..:confused: ...
got fizician 2 ask u dun ask, cum here 2 ask anywhohow ...

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't take statins. Its really a scam. They will suppress liver functions. Not good.
Just take soy or red yeast rice for two months, the level will come down.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
levels if drop below 200, then you're a walking heart attack waiting to happen............................

cholesterol is needed to repair body tissues, especially to keep arteries supple.....................don't fall for the statin drug scam that will rob you of your money and life !

Bro, i am aLL aLL confused by these stuffs; apparentLy there seems to be countLess schooLs' of
thoughts over this ChoLesroL numbers ...:*:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, i am aLL aLL confused by these stuffs; apparentLy there seems to be countLess schooLs' of
thoughts over this ChoLesroL numbers ...:*:

Didn't the doctor who run the test, tell you what the figures means & what you have to do? etc.. you are not comfortable & worries, check yourself in A&E all tests are $90 & they can access your condition & need to ward you Immediately..if you are really worried & forget about the 'countless school of thought'...

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Please ask your doctor if you qualify for a $8 bypass surgery.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
from the health books that i have read and also those related to vegetarian ones,

if you cholesterol level is below 150, you will never have a heart attack. That should be the benchmark for all to aim for.

goodtool

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,
need to check total cholesterol level against HDL cholesterol and LDL cholesterol level
If ratio of Total Cholesterol/HDL cholesterol
>6 = high risk
4.5 = average risk
<3 = low risk
Risk = artery clog leading to heart attack
Take care and hope useful

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sorry to ask this. What is 338 ?

Total cholesterol or Triglycerides?

I thin the fenofibrates are given to you for your raised Triglycerides.

What is your score for Total Cholesterol ? High Density and Low Density Cholesterol ?

You have to see your doctor to acertain all these figures before you embark on anything.

We have read about the Myth Of Cholesterol and the Dangers and Risks of Statins - effects on live and heart and muscles.

If your Total Cholesterol is 338 and if your Low Density BAD cholesterol is 338 and if you have a family history, I humbly suggest you take the medications.

If you dont the chances of having your heart arteries block is very high. You can even have a stroke as well. Please go and check with your doctors. Do not listen to quacks . You have to bring your levels to within normal range.

Other factors you have to consider. Diet, life-style changes, exercise, smoking, drinking, blood sugar,uric acid.....obesity, weight...stress and so on. There is a host of other factors to be considered. Cholesterol is only ONE of the factors that can lead to a heart attack or stroke.

Please go and consult your doctor ASAP. Thank you for sharing.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bro,
need to check total cholesterol level against HDL cholesterol and LDL cholesterol level
If ratio of Total Cholesterol/HDL cholesterol
>6 = high risk
4.5 = average risk
<3 = low risk
Risk = artery clog leading to heart attack
Take care and hope useful

Thank you for sharing. I agreed.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Fenofibrate helps reduce cholesterol and triclygerides in the blood. High levels of these types of fat in the blood are associated with an increased risk of atherosclerosis (clogged arteries).Fenofibrate is used to treat high cholesterol and high triglyceride levels. It is used in combination with a diet low in cholesterol and saturated fat.

Fenofibrate may also be used for purposes other than those listed.

Important information about fenofibrate

Fenofibrate is only part of a complete program of treatment that also includes diet, exercise, and weight control. Follow your diet, medication, and exercise routines very closely.

Avoid drinking alcohol while taking fenofibrate. Alcohol can raise triglyceride levels, and may also damage your liver while you are taking this medication. Fenofibrate has been associated with a rare but serious side effect of the muscles. Contact your doctor at once if you have unusual muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness especially if accompanied by fever or flu-like feeling.

Before taking fenofibrate

You should not use fenofibrate if you have:

hepatitis or cirrhosis of the liver;

severe kidney disease; or

gallbladder disease.

If you have any of these other conditions, you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely take fenofibrate:
•liver disease;
•kidney disease;

hypothyroidism (an underactive thyroid gland); or

diabetes.

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
My previous test more than one year ago, Total Cholesterol was about 240-260 (cannot recall).
Doc prescribed Lipitor 10 for daily intake.

I changed lifestyle and played alot of racquet games 3-4 times per week and also ate more vegetables.
Lipitor 10, I took about once every few days as I read all the comments it may be harmful.
Did inform Doc and he said it was up to me but his advice was try to at least take it regularly if not intend to do daily...

Anyway, last month, went to test again.
Cholesterol at 149... ratio 3.51... so was quite pleased.

Problem is, am not certain if it was due to Lipitor or due to the increased exercises and more sensible diet.
Definitely felt much fitter and more energetic ...

My plan now is to skip the Lipitor and go for another test in a couple week's time and check again.
If remains good, will check with Doc to discontinue.... Lets see!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My previous test more than one year ago, Total Cholesterol was about 240-260 (cannot recall).
Doc prescribed Lipitor 10 for daily intake.

I changed lifestyle and played alot of racquet games 3-4 times per week and also ate more vegetables.
Lipitor 10, I took about once every few days as I read all the comments it may be harmful.
Did inform Doc and he said it was up to me but his advice was try to at least take it regularly if not intend to do daily...

Anyway, last month, went to test again.
Cholesterol at 149... ratio 3.51... so was quite pleased.

Problem is, am not certain if it was due to Lipitor or due to the increased exercises and more sensible diet.
Definitely felt much fitter and more energetic ...

My plan now is to skip the Lipitor and go for another test in a couple week's time and check again.
If remains good, will check with Doc to discontinue.... Lets see!

Thanks for sharing. I think it's a combination of the Lipitor and your changes in life-style - diet and exercise. The drop is rather dramatic. I don't think exercise alone can bring the Total Cholesterol to that level. What about your High Density and Low Density levels. I am sure the High Density go up and the Low Density must have gone down??? Thank you for sharing.

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
To TS, 338 is definitely very high and a cause for concern (and action), as anything above 200 is considered high.

I wish you courage and determination to overcome this - it can be done.