• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What Difference? HDB 99 years and Private Condo 99 years?

hockbeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unless you live in certain horrible ethnic enclaves (e.g. Melville Park :biggrin:), a condo is a gated community which keeps out most of the riff-raff peasants.

HDB flats are a hit-and-miss when it comes to security. Depending on the location, you may encounter loanshark harrassment, kids stealing your shoes, perverts stealing your underwear, neighbours stealing your plants, neighbours urinating at your stairwell etc. Sometimes you may hear fighting/screaming/crying/broken glass bottles late at night at the carpark downstairs. Singapore is getting more unsafe with every passing year.

If you love playing tennis, condos are the way to go. It is a pain in the ass for HDB dwellers to play tennis.

The bad thing about condos is that some of them are located a bit far away from shops and transport hubs, it isn't exactly 'walking distance', especially for the folks who have difficulty moving about. You'll need a car.

So true.
My new shoes were stolen after leaving it outside a friend's hdb flat.

I have friends who's pandan leaves were stolen.

You leave a cheap ikea chair outside your house for a few hours; its gone.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Avoid condos in SengKang and Punngol. Whole place infested with Indian, Pinoys and PRC!

They will shower in the public toilet, pee in the pool, dry their clothes in public places and behave as if they own the whole development.

Have to ask the question. Who did those ppl who stayed in condos vote for?

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
the selling price of a pte condo is higher? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Certainly true on most instances, zhihau.

However, it happened on a few occasions that condos/landed with short remaining lease are selling for same psf price as flats in our oldest HDB estate because we assume that all HDB will be bailed out with SERS when lease is short. One of my RM friend just bought a $600psf first-generation 1970 HDB at havelock for SERS potential.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Once past the main gate, quite safe. For HDB, safe only when home. Imo, most important are your neighbours. So what if live in condo but fuck type neighbours.

Thats the advantage for buying resale condo/HDB, you can choose neighbours. Judging the shoe racks/laundry and stuff outside each unit will give u an idea of what to expect.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
HDB limits the number of tenants in a unit.

May i ask if there are such regulations for condo? eg. I can rent to 20pax in a condo unit?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Living in a condo has so many advantages

Better fit & finish. One can move in without doing any renovations. One thing that I find ugly about HDB units, is the exposed pipes.
HDB limits appliances to 12 amps. In condos you can use 13 amps appliances. You are also limited to what renovations you can do.
Parking space is usually provided. So you don't have to fight for it.
Condo management is there to serve the residents while the town council is there to impose rules & regulations which you have no input.
Better security. Spore is no longer as safe with so many from the 3rd world running rampant.
Lifts stopping at every floor. You don't have to wait for an election year where the PAP uses lift upgrading as a reward for loyalty.
It is easier to buy, sell, & rent a condo compared to HDB units.

I would say that most of those staying in condos just want less hassle & not to brag.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lifts stopping at every floor. You don't have to wait for an election year where the PAP uses lift upgrading as a reward for loyalty.

Even the HDB lift upgrading program is not what it's cracked up to be. Because they installed the cheaper Sigma lifts, breakdowns are frequent. The new lifts are also noisy and hot inside.

Could have at least installed a trusty Fujitec lift. :rolleyes:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Many girls wanna her hubby to be able to own either a condo or car. At least condo will not be near-zero value like car after 10 years.

In all honesty, during my field trips to newly completed condos, i admit that the girls (young owners) there, are usually better groomed or more chio.

you mean sinkie shit ass girls???

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You wouldn't disagree that prettier young-married girls are more frequently sighted in newly completed condos :p

well, usually man who has the money will be able to get more good looking wife and gfs. That is the fact in life.
but i just cannot link sinkie shit ass females to being pretty. Can you tell me how, there isn't any logic i can get from this.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, usually man who has the money will be able to get more good looking wife and gfs. That is the fact in life.
but i just cannot link sinkie shit ass females to being pretty. Can you tell me how, there isn't any logic i can get from this.

Look around you sir, not the internet or media. RUN is honored to rub shoulders with many of such local demure beauties during his school days and work. RUN can recall many decent womenfolks who are much better our Miss Singapore or celebrities.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Look around you sir, not the internet or media. RUN is honored to rub shoulders with many of such local demure beauties during his school days and work. RUN can recall many decent womenfolks who are much better our Miss Singapore or celebrities.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder..sorry man..the real demure ones are those in thailand.. i am not sure your demurity is in what sinkie form.