• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What are we doing for our poor?

YanDao

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In Singapore, many of us judge and treat each other based on the other parties' financial status...if each one of us do our part, everything would be better.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lKcZ551Ex4w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
The PM has certainly done his part, he raised GST to 7%, didn't he? Can't accuse him of not caring.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Why is there a need to do anything for the poor? :rolleyes:

I was poor when I started out in life and nobody gave me any handouts or assistance of any sort. However, the great LKY taught me that I needed to be hungry for success in order to help myself.

The deal was simple, LKY would create the opportunities while I had to work very hard in order to take full advantage of the environment he created. It worked brilliantly and I am now happily retired thanks to LKY.

Many decades have passed and there are now even more opportunities than ever. However, the problem with Singaporeans is that they are no longer hungry and eager. They needs spurs stuck in their hides just to force them to get out of bed in the morning.

If they are poor, they only have themselves to blame.

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP says : If you born poor, it is your fault. Lazy bums!

You are clearly disillusioned. Heard he's so into helping the poor, he's raising the GST rate. Such concern and compassion from a leader must be lauded.

On a side note, my boss schooled with him in UK, says LHL liked his whisky and quite a formidable drinker in those days. When he played football, no one could get within 2 feet of him, not with 4 bodyguards marking him.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On a side note, my boss schooled with him in UK, says LHL liked his whisky and quite a formidable drinker in those days. When he played football, no one could get within 2 feet of him, not with 4 bodyguards marking him.

wahahaha..................

looking at his rigid posture, i doubt he played football.... your boss smoke u 1 lah.

Tongkatali

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was poor when I started out in life and nobody gave me any handouts or assistance of any sort. However, the great LKY taught me that I needed to be hungry for success in order to help myself.

The deal was simple, LKY would create the opportunities while I had to work very hard in order to take full advantage of the environment he created. It worked brilliantly and I am now happily retired thanks to LKY.

Many decades have passed and there are now even more opportunities than ever. However, the problem with Singaporeans is that they are no longer hungry and eager. They needs spurs stuck in their hides just to force them to get out of bed in the morning.

You were poor when you started out in life? Sure I believe you like I believe kong hee is Jesus.
image.jpg

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
How abut LEEcare simlar to Obamacare or SBYcare recently going to be launched in RI?

Even in poor neighbouring country it is accepted as govt responsibility to care for its citizens... after decades of taxing n GST

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

suck eggs...you must be hanging a LKY portrait in your den & prostrating to it before you start your day.....you work hard not because of LKY, we work hard...:rolleyes: I do not attach to anything I do make it or do not make it to anybody...we owe to ourselves!

Last edited:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Doing or helping ? Is this some kind of a sick joke ??:mad:

Give us back OUR blood and sweat CPF money at age 55 NOWWW !!!!:mad:

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best way to help the poor in Stinkapore will be to remove the causes of their poverty and been poor.

It is smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY and his fucking gang of PAP walking bags of excrement that stole and stole 700++ BILLIONS from singaporeans into LKY stinkapore sovereign funds and for them to go laughing all the way to their banks.

REMOVE THE PAP MOTHERFUCKERS EITHER BY BALLOT OR BY PIANO WIRES
THERE WILL BE NO MORE POOR IN SINGAPORE
AND WE ALL REGAIN OUR OUR COUNTRY