• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What Are Ways To Trackdown A Person In Singapore?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thru legal means. I have an IOU signed in lawyers office but now person is missing. How to trace this person?
I have all details and info such as nric and last known address.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You only have one choice hire PI they only person can try to find the guy for you.
Even if you manage to find him what can you do? There nothing you can do only to sue him.
He didnt make any crime so police/court will not accept this case.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I mean can track him legally thru car plate?
Even sue him also need his latest address from ICA.
What means does PI have that I cannot track? Unless PI use illegal means, I know people use bank account and phone records but illegal right?

patrickv

Alfrescian
Loyal
You only have one choice hire PI they only person can try to find the guy for you.
Even if you manage to find him what can you do? There nothing you can do only to sue him.
He didnt make any crime so police/court will not accept this case.

cestbon the motherfucker ,

greg-chappell-middle-finger.jpg

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's trying to run away from you.

I guess maybe PI can do it for you.

Even police themselves have difficulty tracking some ppl. Mas selamat took them so long to find and they have so much manpower and resources alsmot the entire police and civil defence force was on the lookout for him.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What means does PI have that I cannot track? Unless PI use illegal means, I know people use bank account and phone records but illegal right?

you have his full name ? try checking yellow pages for home address ..and look for his name ...call them one by one ( unless he never use his name for his house phone line ) ..its hardwork ..but it might work ..:wink: by the way , tracking ppl is never easy ..

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Let said you manage to find him. Meet him face to face. What can you do if he /she doesn want to pay back?
There nothing you can really do about it. Unless he willing to pay back.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He's trying to run away from you.

I guess maybe PI can do it for you.

Even police themselves have difficulty tracking some ppl. Mas selamat took them so long to find and they have so much manpower and resources alsmot the entire police and civil defence force was on the lookout for him.

yes, if he try to run from him means that the guy already dont want to pay ..so end of the day...back to square 1 .

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I mean can a layman assess his records?
I got his nric number and full name, can engage a lawyer to find his next of kin etc?
He has moved house but believe ica records or even HDB have his latest address, his pub utilities account and mobile account should have his updated address. His car plate can check with LTA? Bank account number can check with banks?

I mean under what circumstances can a layman access these records.
Will a legal binding IOU be enough? Even if I sue him the lawyer need his latest address to serve him the papers right? I believe PIs used the above ways I mentioned. How can I do likewise

Lee5604

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't you do it the legal way, afterall you already have the IOU papers signed in the lawyers office?

Just ask the lawyer to proceed to write a lettter of demand.

And then follow up by judgement?

If, it is because of the legal costs, I can understand.

Just trying to help you, sorry if I didn't understand your initial reasons for not finding a lawyer.

Last edited:

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is nothing you can do. If at all you track him down, pay some money to our foreign workers to bash him up. At least you get some satisfaction.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the IOU is in the lawyer's firm, why not ask the lawyer to follow up on this case? Seems to me that this case is most likely going to be a civil case suit unless your debtor has carried out any form of threat or physical harm to you, your family or your property. If you want to check for any addresses from ICA or what-so-not, the best would be to consult with your lawyer what is the appropriate action to carry out. LEGALLY.

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal
He has moved house but believe ica records or even HDB have his latest address, his pub utilities account and mobile account should have his updated address. His car plate can check with LTA?

Bank account no use. Address and contacts can be outdated.

You may try this, hope this guy likes to park illegally. Go to URA, HDB, LTA websites and use his car plate number to check for any outstanding fines. Zoom in those residential areas. Help it helps.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks. This might work.

The IOU was drawn up by his lawyer and I dun wanna to alert him by using that lawyer.

Address given is already outdated. Dun want to waste money using another lawyer to send him a writ unless I am sure the lawyer can get his latest address (to send the writ), if writ is going to address on IOU then I dun want to waste resources.

Bank account no use. Address and contacts can be outdated.

You may try this, hope this guy likes to park illegally. Go to URA, HDB, LTA websites and use his car plate number to check for any outstanding fines. Zoom in those residential areas. Help it helps.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thru legal means. I have an IOU signed in lawyers office but now person is missing. How to trace this person?

lianbeng suggest u go straight to that person's house since u have address but dun go alone get someone to accompany u as a witness. if u can't find that person at the address, dun waste time go straight to the nearest neighbourhood police post n tell them everything n give them all those details u have. if necessary, also go n meet the MP of that constituency -check out the meet-the-people date n venue- n tell them everything, giving them all those details.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal

How you know he is missing? He doesn't answer your calls? Its obvious if he wants to avoid repayment but doesn't necessarily means he is not residing at his place of residence. The best way to confirm is to do the old fashion way, a 24 hour "stake out".

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How you know he is missing? He doesn't answer your calls? Its obvious if he wants to avoid repayment but doesn't necessarily means he is not residing at his place of resident. The best way to confirm is to do the old fashion way, a 24 hour "stake out".

HDB flat sold. If I work in HDB then cam access records.
Address should be updated in ic. If I work in ICA then can access records.
By right these are public records, how come layman got no access?

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
HDB flat sold. If I work in HDB then cam access records.
Address should be updated in ic. If I work in ICA then can access records.
By right these are public records, how come layman got no access?

Can check with new tenant normally these people will leave a forwarding contact or address.