• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

what are the rare occasions when you feel proud to be a singaporean ?

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
My NS unit got a company that refuse to go dinner and threw their 11B at the OC. CO got wind and tried to cover up as this is a mutiny. One insider informed CMPB and the 'G's (G1-G6) came in within an hour.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
when some-sporean-bashing-guy-now-residing-in-thai finally renounce his spore citizenship.:biggrin:

newyorker88

Alfrescian
Loyal
My NS unit got a company that refuse to go dinner and threw their 11B at the OC. CO got wind and tried to cover up as this is a mutiny. One insider informed CMPB and the 'G's (G1-G6) came in within an hour.

That is nothing, you ever heard whole company march into DB?

vbchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
During the Tsunami Dec 04. We responded within 24 hrs and saved a lot of lives.

During The earthquake May 08, many countries sent rescue teams to Chengdu, only our team and the Japs saved lives. The others simply CBL and even need to have staff on hand to interpret and protect the protectors (what a joke).

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
During the Tsunami Dec 04. We responded within 24 hrs and saved a lot of lives.

During The earthquake May 08, many countries sent rescue teams to Chengdu, only our team and the Japs saved lives. The others simply CBL and even need to have staff on hand to interpret and protect the protectors (what a joke).

like that u feel proud??:confused:

other countries disaster we very quick to be kaypoh..

our own countries poor our government let them die :mad:

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) when the online citizen went to speakers corner to talk abt public transport woes 'world class transport or world class profits ?'

2) when our paralympians won 4 medals ...

3) when we hear of earthquakes & hurricanes in other countries and know that we are safe from these (thank god/heavens/fate ... not PAP)

4) when 2 uncles & 1 auntie take good care of the stray cats in my estate ... when NTU students care for the cats on campus ... when ordinary singaporeans speak up for animal rights & welfare & conservation ...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When i see lousy sinkie behave like an ass in bkk. I am proud that i am not like them.

NobleEagle

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you can get excellent service n attention when in overseas from those that thinks all Sillyporean are "Super Carrot heads"

other than tat, there is really nothing much to free proud about being a Singaporean really...yeah maybe on the Police n low crime rate

Good education, good standard of living, good pay, good Singapore women, good transportation, good food, good shopping, good entertainment, good products, good film industry, good garment support, low cost of living, good housing, good medical, good Singaporean behaviour???

all the above suckz man where u compare against overseas

troubledtimes

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is nothing, you ever heard whole company march into DB?

That happens alot in SIR units, ever seen m&d and chinese pai kai peng gang fight after exercise before? The CSM will just stand there with the clerk with a charge sheet to group charge after. Infantry CSM is always CDO with a super tekan face.....

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only proud to be Singaporean during the old M-League matches and we trounce the Malaysian states. Good old Kallang Roar days are over

monster.cookie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am always proud to be a Singaporean.
what is there to be ashame of ???

Agree half with Blue Cat. There is nothing to be ashamed of being Singaporean. But nothing to be proud about as well.

We are where we are and the final destination for all is the same regardless of country or colour. Just don your best in whatever environment your are in and try and be happy.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Reservist units all had this things happen from time to time. That why the biggest ranks during reservist are PTE / LCP / CPL. Any jokers who try to pull rank will find themselves in front of a bunch of un-coporating men. Ever seen sgts and PCs do fatigue while men go self declare canteen break?:biggrin:

Last edited:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reservist units all had this things happen from time to time. That why the biggest ranks during reservist are PTE / LCP / CPL. Any jokers who try to pull rank will find themselves in front of a bunch of un-coporating men. Ever seen sgts and PCs do fatigue while men go self declare canteen break?:biggrin:

your PCs and sergents have no respect, command or control.. thats why..

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
your PCs and sergents have no respect, command or control.. thats why..

maybe, but the most important thing was that the threats that was use during active NS were no longer valid during reservist. Put reservist on charge at most kenna fine, most of us can afford to pay. Stoppages of leave cannot apply here. Confinement also a no no. As long no meal were indented, they had to reservists go home.

What was left for Occificers to use was to "bribe" the men. Example give earlier outprocess date so that men can have extra one to two days to rest their butts at home before going back to office. Then go back to office to bullshit colleagues that training very siong.:biggrin:

cunnosieur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: what are the rare occasions when you feel proud to be a singaporean ?

Just go to GEYLANG and being addressed as LAO BANG LAO BANG...SHUAI GE SHUAI GE...and bang China mei meis...