• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Whampoa Market & Food Centre to Close for 3 Months

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i like the braised duck rice in whampoa hawker ctr., it's just simply yum yum...but the orr lua is overrated.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just feeLing bad for the hordes' of Factory workers working on shifts nearby; wondering where wouLd be their nearest fiXes for b'fast tapaus.. :cool:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I absolutely agree with you on this. Absolutely.

Hawker centres should never, ever be air con. In fact, back in the day when the positions of tables were not fixed, customers can opt for additional tables to be placed in outdoors for al fresco dining.

The last thing we need is some food court wannabe, or another convenient excuse to increase prices or rental.

pyshock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Try the traditional nasi melayu. There may be a queue but service is fast. The food is freshly cooked and beautifully displayed. I love their thick fat sotong with roe.

currypuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
i like the braised duck rice in whampoa hawker ctr., it's just simply yum yum...but the orr lua is overrated.

Ah Hock orr lua used to be very yummy at the previous location in lim tua tow market. After the son took over, standard dropped badly. You're right!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just feeLing bad for the hordes' of Factory workers working on shifts nearby; wondering where wouLd be their nearest fiXes for b'fast tapaus.. :cool:

No choice but to go to the neighbourhood kpts I guess.

Feel sad for them too. I know what's its like to work for odd long hours and then need a good meal but failing to find any.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheap and good. ..........................Same stall sells fishball noodles in the day. $2.50. Where to find.

$2.50 for fishball noodles is cheap? You're loaded, man. I can't afford $2.50 fishball noodles.

Where can I find fishball noodles for $1.50? The stall owner does not need to add salt, soya sauce, MSG, oil, chopped spring onions, garlic. Veggies can be added provided they aren't from China. Instead of soup, he can replace it with plain water. I'm not fussy. $1.50 boleh?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$2.50 for fishball noodles is cheap? You're loaded, man. I can't afford $2.50 fishball noodles.

Where can I find fishball noodles for $1.50? The stall owner does not need to add salt, soya sauce, MSG, oil, chopped spring onions, garlic. Veggies can be added provided they aren't from China. Instead of soup, he can replace it with plain water. I'm not fussy. $1.50 boleh?

For $1.50 your best bet is pri school tuckshop.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My favorite is the rojak stall besides duck rice. The stall owner displays a photo of him taken with Chow Yun-Fat.

Rojak man used to be my neighbor in nearby blk 104 Jln Rajah. He is still living there.
The family will go to holiday in china during this period.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All these renovations and closures for pap cronies to make money.
Old airport road HC also will be closing for 1 month.....I dunno wtf for.....nearby wet market recently just reopened after months of 'renovations'