• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Were you raped by SingTel?

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE: Some customers of telco SingTel have complained of wrong additional charges in their telephone bills.

One SingTel customer said her husband received more than 10 charges for a premium rate service she did not subscribe to.

Premium rate services are available to all mobile users, and include services like games and quizzes.

Each charge was S$4 to S$8. The total charges came up to S$64.

The charges are from a third-party company TMG Asia Pte Ltd.

A police report has also been filed and the third party company is uncontactable.

"We just told SingTel that we received these web messages from a company. And they immediately told us they would give us a 50 per cent discount. How can there be an additional service that we do not know of? If we don't opt out of it, will such things happen again?" the customer said.

In response to a query from Channel NewsAsia, SingTel said it received feedback from some customers about such charges.

It said it bills on behalf of the content provider, and assists customers if there are disputes over charges by highlighting their case with the respective content provider and tracking the progress on their behalf.

A SingTel spokesperson also said under the IDA's guidelines, content providers like TMG Asia Pte Ltd are required to state clearly upfront the charges for each and every transaction.

Customers have the option of opting-in or opting-out of the charges.

SingTel has advised its customers to ignore and delete SMS text messages from unfamiliar numbers, if in doubt.

It added it has provided customers with the option of blocking such premium rate services from their phones since February last year. But a one-time charge of S$10 applies.

Consumer watchdog CASE said it has seen 98 of such cases involving third-party charges in 2012.

- CNA/de

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have never, ever subscribed to any Singtel services.

Not dialup internet, not ADSL, not mobile phone plan, not pay tv.

I don't want to support a GLC that was once run by LHL's younger brother (until that scandal forced him to step down) and which is now run by Chua Suck Cock, another family crony of the PAP govt.

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are hoping some clowns who don't bother to check their bills and just pay up by Giro. Thats how they made our money. Once I asked why they have a company who sms to me telling me, my phone number won a prize. I told them is a scam. Thats how they made our money

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are hoping some clowns who don't bother to check their bills and just pay up by Giro. Thats how they made our money. Once I asked why they have a company who sms to me telling me, my phone number won a prize. I told them is a scam. Thats how they made our money

'They' = Singtel. Only Singtel pulls this kind of shit, and this isn't the first time.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank God the Hongkies and PRC central govt were smart and gutsy enough to not let Sinktel take over Cable & Wireless HK Telecom back in 2000. If not, Hongkies will suffer also.

Countries all over the world should tell these Stinking Sinkie GLCs to fark off!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hong_Kong_Telecom

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also had a similar experience of being billed $8 for 4 quiz question that I didnt take part. The company some Marko Vic, refused to cancel the charges, so I called M1 who was kind enough to waive them.

Last edited:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
i ve just won a IPhone 5 but i wasn't subscribed to data package. guess what happened? when i on the iphone, there were many dunno whatspps swarming it. then suddenly a sms text fr singtel saying that i would have to pay $50+ in my next bill cos "datas that i downloaded". i was fully blurred. what datas?? i din download anything. hell! i din even touch any buttons. i just merely on the iphone and within a couple of hours, i owned singtel $50+ for nothing.

guys, when come to dealing with singtel, u gotta be fierce and drama. bang tables, shout, yell...u can scold but restrain on expletives..... they would then gladly oblige n waive off all the dunno what charges.

this is a singtel big conjob. they want u to subscribe to their new data plan. if u persist dun want, they would demand that they disable your GPRS if not u shall keep getting all those nonsense downloads. when ur GPRS is deactivated, u cannot receive or send mms.

do u realise how they soft-threat us into submission and kuai-kuai subscribe to their more expensive plan?

i dunno why our gov allows such unethical business practice to be continue in this very irritating bo cheng hu way.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i ve just won a IPhone 5 but i wasn't subscribed to data package. guess what happened? when i on the iphone, there were many dunno whatspps swarming it. then suddenly a sms text fr singtel saying that i would have to pay $50+ in my next bill cos "datas that i downloaded". i was fully blurred. what datas?? i din download anything. hell! i din even touch any buttons. i just merely on the iphone and within a couple of hours, i owned singtel $50+ for nothing.

guys, when come to dealing with singtel, u gotta be fierce and drama. bang tables, shout, yell...u can scold but restrain on expletives..... they would then gladly oblige n waive off all the dunno what charges.

this is a singtel big conjob. they want u to subscribe to their new data plan. if u persist dun want, they would demand that they disable your GPRS if not u shall keep getting all those nonsense downloads. when ur GPRS is deactivated, u cannot receive or send mms.

do u realise how they soft-threat us into submission and kuai-kuai subscribe to their more expensive plan?

i dunno why our gov allows such unethical business practice to be continue in this very irritating bo cheng hu way.

You could always vote with your wallet and stop giving your business to Singtel.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
.....u gotta be fierce and drama. bang tables, shout, yell...u can scold but restrain on expletives..... they would then gladly oblige n waive off all the dunno what charges.

Me got no problem with M1 :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

those whatever data are very expensive. last month, i accidentally pressed some apps on my handphone, went online for a few seconds. it costed me $1.

what if i surfed internet for a few minutes, $100 ?

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
....It added it has provided customers with the option of blocking such premium rate services from their phones since February last year. But a one-time charge of S$10 applies.

Kaninama eh; since when their probLem becomed the consumers' probLem ? ?..am sure they aLready
know where these 3rd parties are coming from..
:(

Fluyt

I don't want to support a GLC that was once run by LHL's younger brother (until that scandal forced him to step down)

We don't have much choice, do we? I know SingTel has many small little 'companies' inside their own building creating revenues by conning people who are unaware of their rights. I complained and I was given back my money in full. Now no more with them. Scumbags have many tricks up their sleeves.