• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Well done workers party! Fine tune governement policy

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
when government revised PM salary to 2.5 millions, WP say 2.0 millions

when Government say 6.9 millions population, WP say 5.9

Well done WP WP WP WP

fine tune government policy

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think the sweet spot for Singapore's population is 4.9 million.

Surely a reduction of 400K people from the current population of 5.3 million won't impact the economy that much?

Less overcrowding. Less stress on the infrastructure. A moderating effect on housing prices. A more conducive environment for aspiring baby makers.

Remember, there is no such thing as a zero sum gain. What you gain in GDP from boosting the population number, you will lose in other ways.

Travellor

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP does not want to be seen to be rocking the boat. this strategy is good at persuading the fence sitters amongst the 60.1 that they are a moderate bunch and not a bunch who say No for the hell of it. that kind of divisive politics is chaotic and disruptive and may even put the country in danger. I like their moderation. Besides knowing the CCB PAP government, chances are they are still gonna go ahead with whatever plans they have in store as outlined in the White paper anyway.

believe you me, these bastards will not be changing their minds because their very lives depend on it.

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the sweet spot for Singapore's population is 4.9 million.

Surely a reduction of 400K people from the current population of 5.3 million won't impact the economy that much?

Less overcrowding. Less stress on the infrastructure. A moderating effect on housing prices. A more conducive environment for aspiring baby makers.

Remember, there is no such thing as a zero sum gain. What you gain in GDP from boosting the population number, you will lose in other ways.

laksaboy for PM!!!!! 50000 behind sure win one.....

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah let's keep it under 5m. I could do with some slowing down, less construction and less costly way of living. Anyway the Earth's resources are limited so less strain on the planet.