• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Well done: IBM shutting its Tampines plant, laying off more workers

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now that they've bought Red Hat they basically own the Linux distro family (RHEL/Fedora/Scientific/CentOS) most deployed in production servers worldwide.

i am not sure if you use knoppix, german version of linux, i am into anything german, prominent engineers that can never go wrong.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
how can s'pore entity like SAF be wrong about three toners from Mercedez?

Screenshot 2019-04-14 21.02.47.png

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
your stats may be outdated or lopsided. in the below link, two mercs are featured. i choose to believe my own findings.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/road-tests/g22002675/the-best-cars-of-2019/

You are confusing road tests and reliability.

Road tests describe how well a car drives.

Reliability ratings measure how long it takes for things to start going wrong and how much time it spends in a workshop.

I used to drive a German car and when everything was working properly it was a beautiful car to drive. The only problem is instances when everything was working properly were few and far between.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are confusing road tests and reliability.

Road tests describe how well a car drives.

Reliability ratings measure how long it takes for things to start going wrong and how much time it spends in a workshop.

I used to drive a German car and when everything was working properly it was a beautiful car to drive. The only problem is instances when everything was working properly were few and far between.

you got a point as i am not veery into cars as long as the car is relaible, i am happy. but i will trust my life in a merc rather than other car makes. i stand by SAF with their belief in three tonners, reliability and safety.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
you got a point as i am not veery into cars as long as the car is relaible, i am happy. but i will trust my life in a merc rather than other car makes. i stand by SAF with their belief in three tonners, reliability and safety.

That's exactly my point. The Merc is NOT a reliable car. If you make a judgement of car reliability based upon the choice made by SAF for its 3 tonners I am flabbergasted. Surely you cannot be that naive.

Here is the latest list of reliability rankings. As you can see the Merc is DOWN 6 places compared to last year.

Screenshot 2019-04-14 21.33.53.png

Screenshot 2019-04-14 21.33.27.png

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's exactly my point. The Merc is NOT a reliable car. If you make a judgement of car reliability based upon the choice made by SAF for its 3 tonners I am flabbergasted. Surely you cannot be that naive.

Here is the latest list of reliability rankings. As you can see the Merc is DOWN 6 places compared to last year.

your table in comparison voted KIA as more reliable than honda, how can that be...? i driven a kia before, this car can go without brake lights at the back without you knowing. and maybe the merc that you bought happened to be a defective lot.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
your table in comparison voted KIA as more reliable than honda, how can that be...? i driven a kia before, this car can go without brake lights at the back without you knowing. and maybe the merc that you bought happened to be a defective lot.

The ranking is done using a ton of real data from the feedback of tens of thousands.

You are making a judgement call based upon your opinion.

Car reliability is based upon the percentage of cars that gives problems out of the total surveyed. The larger the number the more accurate the figure.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The ranking is done using a ton of real data from the feedback of tens of thousands.

You are making a judgement call based upon your opinion.

Car reliability is based upon the percentage of cars that gives problems out of the total surveyed. The larger the number the more accurate the figure.

yeah...feedback from thousands. i always do surveys for kfc in melb. so that i get a free can pepsi max and chips. in return, i always grade them perfect in cleaniness of the restaurant although i usually drive-thru. but i given in to you cos' you are more into automobiles.

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don’t be an ass, you smarties. They are shutting the hardware manufacturing plant. Sinkieland has never been a great place for manufacturing.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It says a lot when we are all speculating about what's happening and there's no word from our highest paid ministers in the world, or from any of the world class universities.
Its a high profile failure for Singapore's claim to its capabilities for complex, high-value manufacturing and global supply chain management and its drive to be a leading knowledge economy, powered by digital intelligence (that's what Tharman claim on the opening of IBM's Technology Park ).
Just like Hyflux, the million dollar ministers are there to claim credit when everything is rosy, but now all missing when things are rotten.