• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Welcome, Anton Casey, to Social Media 101

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2. Social media has been gamified – ‘friends’ are not friends

Guess what, Mr Casey thought that too, and was wrong. A good look at the screenshot of his offensive posts shows the sharing set to “friends” – perfectly typical for anyone’s “private” posts.

Someone in his ‘friends’ list took offense, and that’s not surprising if you’re a popular guy with lots of money and a wide social circle, as Mr Casey probably is. Anton Casey called it a “security breach” in his apology on the sgfuck forum. Ha! Security breach! In the way that “I left my wallet and phone on the table and went to the toilet” is a security breach.

- http://doulosyap.wordpress.com/2014/01/22/welcome-anton-casey-to-social-media-101/

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Guess what, Mr Casey thought that too, and was wrong. A good look at the screenshot of his offensive posts shows the sharing set to “friends” – perfectly typical for anyone’s “private” posts.

Someone in his ‘friends’ list took offense, and that’s not surprising if you’re a popular guy with lots of money and a wide social circle, as Mr Casey probably is. Anton Casey called it a “security breach” in his apology on the sgfuck forum. Ha! Security breach! In the way that “I left my wallet and phone on the table and went to the toilet” is a security breach.

- http://doulosyap.wordpress.com/2014/01/22/welcome-anton-casey-to-social-media-101/

Yep, his friend ratted him out. But the reality is that insufferable pricks like him don't really have friends that can't be bought with money.

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
You look at his posts, you know he is a very typical low-class working class sort of Englishman. Many of them are like that, just simply shoot their mouth off. Their upper classes have a certain sense of decorum and dignity and know how to behave in society, what to say and what not to say in public.

In England where the class system still exists, Anton this sort of Englishman is very much looked down upon. His mannerisms, accent and his behaviour betrays him. Unfortunately when he comes to sinkieland, SPG's think Ang Mohs are all the same, top class and aristocratic. Poor Bernice, she married the English equivalent of an Ah Beng.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

you went to the toilet that is a not a security breached, that is a security leak...now the wife, gets to see, the saucy text with the girl friend...

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You look at his posts, you know he is a very typical low-class working class sort of Englishman. Many of them are like that, just simply shoot their mouth off. Their upper classes have a certain sense of decorum and dignity and know how to behave in society, what to say and what not to say in public.

In England where the class system still exists, Anton this sort of Englishman is very much looked down upon. His mannerisms, accent and his behaviour betrays him. Unfortunately when he comes to sinkieland, SPG's think Ang Mohs are all the same, top class and aristocratic. Poor Bernice, she married the English equivalent of an Ah Beng.

Another famous FT comes to mind....nick leeson

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The English word for such low-class folks is 'chav'. No amount of new-found wealth can erase the lack of upbringing and common etiquette in such people.

A more rowdy chav would be a 'yob'. These are the hooligans you see at EPL matches.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I honestly do not understand why we have produced a whole generation who have this inane desire to extend their real lives into cyberspace. The consequences have been laid bare for all to see in this episode and many others before and there will be more in the future.

My generation of internet pioneers had a simple guiding principle ... one persona for the real world, the other for cyberspace and NEVER MIX the two and NEVER reveal your internet persona to anyone.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I honestly do not understand why we have produced a whole generation who have this inane desire to extend their real lives into cyberspace. The consequences have been laid bare for all to see in this episode and many others before and there will be more in the future.

My generation of internet pioneers had a simple guiding principle ... one persona for the real world, the other for cyberspace and NEVER MIX the two and NEVER reveal your internet persona to anyone.

Because you bunch started off on the pre-facebook era. Now is the Facebook era. Things change.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Because you bunch started off on the pre-facebook era. Now is the Facebook era. Things change.

You don't have to reveal your real identity on facebook either. Facebook is just another means of interacting in cyberspace. I have more than one facebook account. None of them contain my real name and I never upload any photos of my day to day life. One of my facebook accounts is registered to my dog.

Are people so insecure nowadays that they have to seek validation of their sorry existence from strangers in order to make their lives meaningful? :rolleyes:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
thats quite a clever thing to do......now you can post all sorts of crap and the dog will get the blame and be arrested by the cops.

2 of my dogs were marched away by the cops for the stuff I posted and I haven't seen them since. I'm now on my 3rd dog.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

further to the analogy would be that he left a wad of money (ie the offending post) peeping from under his wallet and a pal of his noticed and thought it a tempting and blardy boastful act and told many passers-by to steal it (hence the pal took offense, perhaps to teach him a good lesson not to leave valuables around) and the rest is history...

money can't buy class but spg bernice didn't mind plus he was ang moh - but little did she know that it doesn't buy good genes.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
2 of my dogs were marched away by the cops for the stuff I posted and I haven't seen them since. I'm now on my 3rd dog.

Your dogs when to lim kopi with the ISD. Better ween them of caffeine when u get them back. Also, u might have to aircon your house, because they might have gotten used to the cold water in an aircon room torture.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We have been brought up in a climate of "fear" & have to watch what we say in public especially about a certain old fart.
Angmos on the other hand are freer to voice their mind.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
We have been brought up in a climate of "fear" & have to watch what we say in public especially about a certain old fart.
Angmos on the other hand are freer to voice their mind.

Politics is only part of the equation. My persona on line is one of an obnoxious, racist, sexist, homophobic dickhead. If I used my real identity none of my ventures would ever have got off the ground.

My most talented graphic designer was gay and one of my best customers was an Indian. Both were delightful people I had a lot of time for. If they had read my on-line views about Gays and Ah Nehs, I would have lost both of them both as friends and as business associates.

All of us at some point in our lives have hammered away at the keyboard and then pressed "send" without thinking. Facebook is a loaded gun If you don't have your wits about you at all times, you can end up in serious trouble.