• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Weekly jog 'adds six years to your life

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Weekly jog 'adds six years to your life'

Jogging can increase your lifespan by as much as six years, claim researchers.

Better still, you don't even need to do that much of it to reap the benefits.

Scientists have found that jogging for as little as an hour a week at a "slow or average" pace could be enough to extend a man's life expectancy by 6.2 years and a woman's by 5.6 years.

Lead researcher Dr Peter Schnohr said optimum benefits were gained from between one and two-and-a-half hours of jogging per week at a pace fast enough to "feel a little breathless, but not very breathless".

He added: "We can say with certainty that regular jogging increases longevity. The good news is that you don't actually need to do that much."
The research is part of the ongoing Copenhagen City Heart Study, which has been monitoring 20,000 Danish men and women since 1976.
Scientists compared almost 2,000 male and female joggers with non-joggers. The joggers were asked how much time they spent jogging and to define their pace as slow, average or fast.

Analysis of mortality rates over a period of up to 35 years showed that jogging reduced the risk of dying by 44 per cent for both men and women and increased lifespan by around six years.

Dr Schnohr added: "Mortality is lower in people reporting moderate jogging than in non-joggers or those undertaking extreme levels of exercise."
- Daily Mail

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man Is Not Design To Run ?

l_106142_0093894_23c0a724.jpg

Jogging can increase your lifespan by as much as six years, claim researchers.

Yes, you need to do heart or cardio exercises. But, extending by six years if you win and a sudden death if you lose. It can be a game of chance here. So, cheers !

It seems like Man is not designed to run - two legs for walk.

Anyone watches the Running Man ? This Korean game variety is fun to watch.

runningmanfulloriginalcast1.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i know it is good for my health, boss. But i cannot get my fat arse out of the chair to go out for a jog.

Last edited:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
hooray hooray !!!! I jog about 10 hrs per week so my life expectancy increase by 62 years. Can post on sbf for a long long time :p

Weekly jog 'adds six years to your life'

for as little as an hour a week at a "slow or average" pace could be enough to extend a man's life expectancy by 6.2 years and a woman's by 5.6 years.

[/FONT][/COLOR]​

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Man Is Not Design To Run ?

l_106142_0093894_23c0a724.jpg

Yes, you need to do heart or cardio exercises. But, extending by six years if you win and a sudden death if you lose. It can be a game of chance here. So, cheers !

It seems like Man is not designed to run - two legs for walk.

Anyone watches the Running Man ? This Korean game variety is fun to watch.

runningmanfulloriginalcast1.jpg

Do you mean that if we go jogging we might extend life or just drop dead? that is very good news,,I mean if die just drop dead is not a bad thing, die fast,,I hate the die slow thing like kenna diabetes, cancer etc,,die slowly and suffer more,,,,if can die faster I jog more man