• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

We Want Steve Chia in Parliament

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
How good does it look to you to see him having a gathering of motorcycle group members around in public treating him like a chieftain? Fraternisation with anyone you choose is a personal right of choice I'll agree, but how is that going to serve his aspiration for political office? Just an opinion!

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
How good does it look to you to see him having a gathering of motorcycle group members around in public treating him like a chieftain? Fraternisation with anyone you choose is a personal right of choice I'll agree, but how is that going to serve his aspiration for political office? Just an opinion!

Does a politician need to be in business suit, only mixing with white collar people, civil servants, in order to portray an image that he aspires to serve political office?

I don't think so.
It could be his interest group, And I don't see mixing with motorcycle group members will kind of spoil his image in front of others. If that is the case, don't tell me mixing with Porsche, Ferrari, Bentley groups are more suitable. I don't think so.

Most important thing is how he is going to serve the people.

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
If that is the case, don't tell me mixing with Porsche, Ferrari, Bentley groups are more suitable. I don't think so.

I'm no snob, I don't have the right to be. But the reality is not something we can deny, can we? If he is seen often in the company of the aged and despaired, that would be a big plus instead of a minus, wouldn't it!

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm no snob, I don't have the right to be. But the reality is not something we can deny, can we? If he is seen often in the company of the aged and despaired, that would be a big plus instead of a minus, wouldn't it!

We don't need someone who is in the company of the aged and despair just because the public wants him to.

If a politician does that because the public wants and not his heart wants, its all hypocrisy.

Would you rather see reality or engage in someone with hypocrisy?

jake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Steve Chia has lost his credibility as a politician and lawmaker all for the want of naked photos.

He should just retire from politics as the Ah Soh dare not meet him in meet-the-people sessions as Steve Chia may ask Ah Soh to undress as payment :p

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was the gist of our previous light clash, wasn't it? You were admonishing me for not seeing reality and now when I want to believe in fairy tales, you are at me again!

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Steve Chia has lost his credibility as a politician and lawmaker all for the want of naked photos.

He should just retire from politics as the Ah Soh dare not meet him in meet-the-people sessions as Steve Chia may ask Ah Soh to undress as payment :p

He should have a chance.
Everyone deserves a 2nd chance. You forgot the yellow ribbon?:o

And after the scandal, his votes increased by 1100 more while PAP had 1100 less. Anyway, its for the CCK people to vote him in, not us. That's provided he goes there. He has done so much groundwork for years and I think if he is persistent enough, he should have the confidence to go for the next one. (Also provided he knows more people have trust in him this time round)

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
We don't need someone who is in the company of the aged and despair just because the public wants him to.

If a politician does that because the public wants and not his heart wants, its all hypocrisy.

Would you rather see reality or engage in someone with hypocrisy?

Previously on another thread you chided me for my refusal to see reality and now when I desire to see fairy tales, I getting it from you again!:wink:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
That was the gist of our previous light clash, wasn't it? You were admonishing me for not seeing reality and now when I want to believe in fairy tales, you are at me again!

I don't think so, you are getting bit too sensitive. Tackle topic by topic and not link another over here.

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lim Peh KA Li Kong..
3974444.jpg

seeing double.. I thought I saw young lky

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Previously on another thread you chided me for my refusal to see reality and now when I desire to see fairy tales, I getting it from you again!:wink:

You are funny.
I am telling you something which is reality.

and this time you were desiring for something which is more of fairy tale.
Again I show you the reality side based on this issue not the previous.

The problem is we don't need to see a hypocrite politican who goes to old folks home, mix around with old auntie, uncle, just because that is what people want to see. If his intention is sincere, great. If his intention to do that is because he can get more votes to go into parliament, as the people want to see that, then I think its best not to have such hypocrisy around.

jake

Alfrescian
Loyal
silverfox@ said:
He should have a chance.
Everyone deserves a 2nd chance. You forgot the yellow ribbon?:o

That we let the people decide. Steve Chia can still contest all he wants, nobody is stopping him to contest but question is, can Steve Chia win?

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
That we let the people decide. Steve Chia can still contest all he wants, nobody is stopping him to contest but question is, can Steve Chia win?

I don't know. I don't stay CCK. But if his votes and support have been increasing (based on this aspect), he should contest again when the chance comes.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree.

Steve Chia is much better than the wayang actress anytime.

<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - We Want Steve Chia in Parliament</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">ckmpd <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">Dec-1 7:17 pm </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 9) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>3249.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>to ask relevant questions and keep pap dogs on their toes.
Look at the sorry state of affairs in Singapore, Steve. The pap dogs' performance recently is pathetic and the Opposition cant do much. We need some credible Opposition like you to be in Parliament.
So, do us a favour...do come back and stand for election.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>