• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Water Purification sytem for the home

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just enhance your kidney.
your kidney will filter out waste.
in the stone age,rain fall into the jungle.they just drink the m&d water

In the stone age we didn't have all the man made chemicals that we now have.

If you have a Berkey you can still use the rainfall & cut down on the PUB bills :wink:

independentdirect

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's lots of info on the dangers of chlorine, fluoride,....etc In Spore you even can have dead bodies in our drinking water :biggrin:

Chlorine can combine with other organic materials to produce DPB's which can cause problems like cancer. I quote if you don't have a filter you i.e. your body becomes the filter.

At 13:10 of the video he discuses about how we absorb the chlorinated water when we shower. We are absorbing it through our skin & by breathing it in. I've also added a shower filter to my shopping list.

These precautions are I think a cheaper alternative to getting ill. Especially in Spore.

This is pseudoscience. You've got to be swimming for long periods before you feel the ill-effects of halogenation. A bath won't hurt you and neither will drinking boiled water from the usual source. You've got to stop watching videos produced by scientologists and other commerically-motivated people.

As for fluoride, I have not seen a single paper published by a respected source saying the miniscule fluoride levels in drinking water can harm human health. These people are good at taking random potshots in order to sell you a product.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks for posting this... i will check out this filtration system too.. would love to have my water chlorine free and fluorine free too. i am currently using a system which remove chlorine effectively but nothing on fluorine.

If you already have a filter system, all you need to just add an extra filter to your current filtration system. The extra stage should be an activated alumina. This is the substance which removes fluoride.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is pseudoscience. You've got to be swimming for long periods before you feel the ill-effects of halogenation. A bath won't hurt you and neither will drinking boiled water from the usual source. You've got to stop watching videos produced by scientologists and other commerically-motivated people.

As for fluoride, I have not seen a single paper published by a respected source saying the miniscule fluoride levels in drinking water can harm human health. These people are good at taking random potshots in order to sell you a product.

Well from what I've read it's got me concerned enough to take precautions. You might think the amount is miniscule but don't forget that Sporeans are being exposed on a daily basis. When one gets older your system is less likely to resist all the pollutants out there.

I believe in the saying an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure. Willing to spend $$ on a water treatment system as insurance to ensure my families health.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
The latest fad is ion water. If you are into this kind of thing perhaps you should read this article by a qualified doctor first. Its incredible what people will pay for in this day and age. By they way why won't you want some fluorine in your water? It helps with your teeth. A bit of everything is always good for you including radiation.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/diet-and-fitness/does-your-water-need-more-ions-20130325-2gpro.html

Does your water need more ions?
Date
March 25, 2013
Read later
Kent Sepkowitz
The latest health fad is even more ridiculous than most health fads.

Zoom in on this story. Explore all there is to know.
Gatorade Kent Sepkowitz New York City Sharper Image

inShare
Pin Itsubmit to redditEmail articlePrint
Ads by Google

AU's #1 Water Ionizer Coalkaway.com.au
Is having a onetime only MegaSale Save $500 on latest water ionizer

Has your water got sufficient ions?
After so many years of neglect, water appears ready to emerge as a cutting-edge health food.

Perhaps it's the fault of Gatorade, that Technicolor concoction of salt, sugar and water people guzzle to "replenish their electrolytes." The Gatorade inventors, some dweeby physiologists, were just trying to keep football players from collapsing in the Florida heat. They could not have foreseen what was to transpire in the decades ahead as the concept of the "sports drink" took hold, and then, more bizarrely yet, water itself became a symbol of health and status.

With each iteration, beginning with bottled waters derived from glaciers (tres European) to the recent "enhanced water," H2O has moved closer to the first-class cabin. But the latest version is a real head-scratcher: ionised, alkalinised water.

Companies are in the game to sell you a gizmo to run your tap water through. The devices contain electrodes that purport to realign your water, split off some hydrogen atoms along the way, and rid it of various pesky problems so that it will taste better and be healthier and your arthritis will go away. In a week. Maybe two.

Advertisement
Water, in the western world at least, is a strange target for an expensive course in self-improvement. Top-notch plumbing remains perhaps our greatest achievement. We confront many ubiquitous environmental risks daily, but water is not among them. It is safe and unobjectionable. Plus it's cheap - and yet Americans spent $21 billion last year on bottled water.

So why all the excitement about ionised water? And didn't we go through this already with air? We were going to ionise air, too, to purify it - until that didn't work out so well. In fact, Sharper Image, a purveyor of one of these air ioniser products, lost a large lawsuit because of their too optimistic claims.

Having read many articles and viewed countless videos about ionisation and alkalisation of water, I remain uncertain how the technology being hawked will help a single soul. There isn't even a crummy clinical trial to criticise. Nothing.

Even by health fad standards, the science around ionisation and alkalinisation is remarkably thin. Here is the claim: We are ingesting food and drink that is set at a disadvantageous pH. You remember pH, the measure of acidity and its opposite, alkalinity (or baseness, as in acid-base balance), where perfect Swiss neutrality is 7.0. Any number below 7.0 refers to an acidic substance and any number above, alkaline.

A more important pH to remember is this: 7.4. That's the pH of the human bloodstream. We work very hard to stay exactly there. Every chemical reaction, all trillion or two our cells crank through daily, is optimised for 7.4. The body does not work well outside a tight range between 7.35 and 7.45; indeed much more variation and you're liable to drop dead. Here's an example of how seriously our body takes its ambient pH. People with emphysema retain carbon dioxide in the distorted nooks and crannies of their lungs, and the carbon dioxide converts to a mild acid that would upset the body's entire acid-base balance. Your heroic kidneys compensate for the extra acid by hanging onto bicarbonate, thereby maintaining the 7.4 pH and keeping the body from collapsing.

The body has a floating buffer system that shifts back and forth from the mildly alkaline (bicarbonate) to the mildly acidic (carbonic acid), depending on the need. The stomach, though, is a factory of harsh acid, creating a pH of 2 or so - the better to denature bacteria and viruses and anything else that might make you sick. So the idea that moving some water from a pH of 7.0, where it usually lives, to a pH of maybe 8.5 and claiming a major health triumph is quite puzzling. The premise, I think, is that slightly increasing the pH in your stomach will keep the stomach from having to secrete so much acid and in turn spare the pancreas from squirting out so much bicarbonate, thereby giving all your organs a bit of a holiday. And that holiday means we don't have pains or arthritis or die, maybe.

So that's alkalinisation. Ionising water for health is even more difficult to comprehend, but here goes: The ioniser splits water into its component parts, hydrogen and oxygen. The idea is that cleaving emancipates enslaved atoms from water's neutral charge (hydrogen is positive and oxygen is negative) and that this liberation is salutary. You're suddenly full of electricity, and everything feels better! This view that more ions are welcome stands in direct opposition to the free radical theory of disease. There, the bad guy is - you guessed it - a rogue negative charge looking for some unsuspecting molecule to glom onto and destroy, making you age and get arthritis and grey hair and all the problems that ionisation sets out to cure.

Water ionisation and alkalinisation is another fad without science to support it or even a particularly interesting group of nuts pitching it.

But so what? One could argue that there is nothing wrong with snake oil, that the crime is victimless but for the money lost. Surely it is unlikely that people will ionise or alkalinise their way to illness. There is harm, however, in all of this, similar to the harm that comes from tolerating a parallel universe of chronic Lyme and antioxidant cures and autism-causing vaccines and countless other persistent, willful misconceptions of what cold-hearted, gimlet-eyed science long ago has disproved.

Medicine and science are fragile entities, easily tarred and assaulted. People love to hate conventional remedies and advice, the schoolmarmish admonishments to eat less, exercise more and wear a seat belt for gosh sake. How much more fun to embrace a retro-futuristic water ioniser that does whatever it does and makes the willies all go away. Stacked up against that sort of promise, what chance does methodical, earthbound science really have? Eventually it is the physician who seems the narrow-minded, dim-witted charlatan stuck on boring Earth, heavy shoes pulled down by gravity. Because it turns out that it is not science that people want but science fiction.

Kent Sepkowitz is a physician in New York City who writes about medicine.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/die...d-more-ions-20130325-2gpro.html#ixzz2PLjN1C6s

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you already have a filter system, all you need to just add an extra filter to your current filtration system. The extra stage should be an activated alumina. This is the substance which removes fluoride.

In Malaysia and their water is saturated with chlorine.. I dun even dare to brush my teeth using their water.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well from what I've read it's got me concerned enough to take precautions. You might think the amount is miniscule but don't forget that Sporeans are being exposed on a daily basis. When one gets older your system is less likely to resist all the pollutants out there.

I believe in the saying an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure. Willing to spend $$ on a water treatment system as insurance to ensure my families health.

I agreed with that. diseases and illnesses dun appear out of no reason. It is due to years of accumulation of foreign chemicals that you have ingested. It is up to a point when your body can't take it anymore and that is where trouble begins.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

i dun think that is much pseudo in fluoride poisoning claim. by the way, i am using non-fluoride toothpaste.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aqQkqZKBuV4?list=PL4985AD01B8F5E2E8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Tommyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Distilled water is different from battery water, battery water uses deminalized process chemical based. Distilled water is basically H2O PH of 7 neutral. I have been using distillation process for more than 10 years and have not look back. The amount of cholrine and slurry or scum
in our tap water is xxxx...... You got to see and it yourself to believe. More so for cholrine at least a tea spoon per 3 liters of tap water. Forget about all those filtration system it can be over loaded in a short time for the filter and costly to change.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Malaysia and their water is saturated with chlorine.. I dun even dare to brush my teeth using their water.

JB uses the same water as Spore but the problem could be due to the age of the pipes distributing the water. I suspect that most homes have some sort of water treatment system. If not for the safety aspect, at least for the taste. Such as a simple carbon filter.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dun think that is much pseudo in fluoride poisoning claim. by the way, i am using non-fluoride toothpaste...

I also use flouride free tooth paste which I get from iHerb.com but they are also available in most health stores in Spore e.g. Eden Health at Peninsula Shopping Centre.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I also use flouride free tooth paste which I get from iHerb.com but they are also available in most health stores in Spore e.g. Eden Health at Peninsula Shopping Centre.

mine is from bangkok but product is from UK Aloedent toothpaste.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
JB uses the same water as Spore but the problem could be due to the age of the pipes distributing the water. I suspect that most homes have some sort of water treatment system. If not for the safety aspect, at least for the taste. Such as a simple carbon filter.

by Malaysia, the hotel i go to is from KL...

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Distilled water is different from battery water, battery water uses deminalized process chemical based. Distilled water is basically H2O PH of 7 neutral. I have been using distillation process for more than 10 years and have not look back. The amount of cholrine and slurry or scum
in our tap water is xxxx...... You got to see and it yourself to believe. More so for cholrine at least a tea spoon per 3 liters of tap water. Forget about all those filtration system it can be over loaded in a short time for the filter and costly to change.

that why i also think like that.for drinking, how many liter can each person drink in a day?
for flushing ,bathing,brush teeth, wash asshole, still can use tap water

Tommyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
that why i also think like that.for drinking, how many liter can each person drink in a day?
for flushing ,bathing,brush teeth, wash asshole, still can use tap water

Water distillers produce quality, clean drinking water by removing all the impurities, minerals, chlorine and fluoride, and reducing the level of chemical contaminates. The minerals removed can be regained from the foods we eat. Distilled water contains no waterborne pathogens (disease-carrying organisms), chemicals or minerals.

An article about using Tap water for watering Plants and its side effects:
House plants can get limp, become scrawny and stop flowering because the hard minerals in tap water prevent the roots from drinking. Often, the soil will still feel wet but we give them more water thinking they're thirsty, but this overwatering encourages disease and root rot. As well, the chemicals, chlorine and fluoride in the tap water can destroy the roots and prevent the plants from flourishing.

Distilled water removes the hardness caused by the minerals and allows the roots to drink the water freely. It also eliminates the chlorine and fluoride which can accumulate with the minerals in the soil over a period of time and harm the plants. Plants are healthier and cut flowers live longer.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
distilled water has high acidity, not healthy to drink.

that's a myth. the purest form of water is distilled water, just like the droplets you get from rain clouds. in domestic distillation, the water vapor is condensed within a closed system to produce water that is purer than rain water that traverses through the atmosphere which may contain smoke particles, impurities, dust, acid in the air. rain water is more acidic now than they were over 200 years ago before the industrial revolution. home distilled water is the purest form of water any household can have due to direct distillation, zero plumbing, vapor to water to mouth experience without 3rd party handling, storage, piping, and or transportation.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
that's a myth. the purest form of water is distilled water, just like the droplets you get from rain clouds. in domestic distillation, the water vapor is condensed within a closed system to produce water that is purer than rain water that traverses through the atmosphere which may contain smoke particles, impurities, dust, acid in the air. rain water is more acidic now than they were over 200 years ago before the industrial revolution. home distilled water is the purest form of water any household can have due to direct distillation, zero plumbing, vapor to water to mouth experience without 3rd party handling, storage, piping, and or transportation.

you take a PH meter and put in the distilled water lah... then see what is the reading.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you take a PH meter and put in the distilled water lah... then see what is the reading.

been there, done that. ph is 7, which is exactly the ph level for pure water. below 7 is acidic and above 7 is alkaline. your body works well at 7.4, but that does not mean you have to drink water at 7.4 ph level. your pancreas helps to compensate the body for lack of alkalinity. let the body do its job. meanwhile you do yours by drinking ph 7 water, which is the closest to pure water.